Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This Week's Ebay Report  (Read 2975 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
This Week's Ebay Report
« on: October 11, 2005, 04:17:32 PM »
Early, 1939 game called "Quizzical Questions" .  Looks to be in good shape for a game that's more than 60 years old.
Basically unused copy of Tic Tac Dough from 1977; I love how the seller says "Mint"; when a girls name is written on the box.
Not bad for 99˘, The Joker's Wild, 2nd edition.  This is the one featured in the GSN CD liner notes.
One that I don't see all that often...The $128,000 Question with Michael Darrow (or was it Reilly?) on the cover...less than $3.
A press kit from the 1987 Jeopardy! teen tournament...didn't someone on the board appear in one of these?
Stumpers and 50 Grand Slam tickets...horrible scans.
Some kind of odd Jeopardy! t-shirt...who would wear this?
And finally...back when Wheel apparently cared about their heritage ...Click Here .
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 10:59:40 PM by Dbacksfan12 »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 04:43:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 04:17 PM\']Some kind of odd Jeopardy! t-shirt...who would wear this?
[snapback]99192[/snapback]
[/quote]

I looked at that and I wondered the same thing. Sure, you could probably wear it once, but wouldn't the novelty wear off before you took it off?

And finally...back when Wheel apparently cared about their heratage...Click Here .

I think it looks nice, personally, but I can't think of too many people who'd actually want that hanging on their Christmas tree.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 04:44:33 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

FeudDude

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 05:08:17 PM »
Actually, believe it or not, I remember seeing someone (that I didn't know) wearing that J! shirt back when I was in fourth grade or thereabouts.  At that age, I got a huge kick out of it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 05:08:30 PM by FeudDude »

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 07:15:28 PM »
And finally...back when Wheel apparently cared about their heratage...Click Here .

I think it looks nice, personally, but I can't think of too many people who'd actually want that hanging on their Christmas tree.
[snapback]99194[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's funny.  I happen to have that particular ornament, and we do put it up every year, dammit.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

vtown7

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 07:48:56 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 05:38 PM\']Actually, believe it or not, I remember seeing someone (that I didn't know) wearing that J! shirt back when I was in fourth grade or thereabouts.  At that age, I got a huge kick out of it.
[snapback]99202[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not sure I should admit this... but I had (have?) one.  The television edition.  Bought it late eighties/early nineties in Myrtle Beach while on vacation.

Hey, when you're twelve, these are exciting things!

Ryan :)

Matt Ottinger

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 11:36:42 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 07:48 PM\']I'm not sure I should admit this... but I had (have?) one.  The television edition.  [/quote]
Me too.  It was a gift I never wore, but never threw out either.

It saddnes me that no one wants the Professor Quiz game, one of the first board games for one of the first game shows ever.  Mine is displayed proudly.  I also never understood why the game was packaged with such a drab outside box when the inside graphics just burst with color.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 12:00:32 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 11:47:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 10:36 AM\']It saddnes me that no one wants the Professor Quiz game, one of the first board games for one of the first game shows ever.  Mine is displayed proudly.  I also never understood why the game was packaged with such a drab outside box when the inside graphics just burst with color.[/quote]

I want it, believe me.  On the off chance, though, that one in better condition appears, I'd rather wait.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:59:59 AM by Matt Ottinger »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Clay Zambo

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 03:12:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 06:15 PM\']That's funny.  I happen to have that particular ornament, and we do put it up every year, dammit.
[/quote]

Yup.  That makes two.
czambo@mac.com

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 03:45:55 PM »
I also still have the Jeopardy! movies t-shirt and the Wheel of Fortune ornament.

There, I have now proven my worthiness to be a member of this forum. And why I so rarely get a date.

--
Scott Robinson

(While it does rotate, the wheel on the ornament doesn't "spin" like the show's.)

$100kPyramidfan

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 04:03:11 PM »
Someone showed me this earlier today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/16mm-Film-Whats-my-Lin...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a 16mm film master copy of an episode of syndie What's My Line?.

Too bad I obviously don't have a projector, otherwise I'd probably buy it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 04:58:25 PM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

Matt Ottinger

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 05:05:39 PM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 04:03 PM\']Also up on eBay, someone showed me this earlier today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/16mm-Film-Whats-my-Lin...1QQcmdZViewItem
It's a 16mm film master copy of an episode of syndie What's My Line?.
Too bad I obviously don't have a projector, otherwise I'd probably buy it.[/quote]

I don't get the fascination with actual film as a collectible.  Someone's going to pay thirty dollars (or more) for a segment of What's My Line? that will require some amount of effort just to watch, while hundreds of complete episodes exist and are readily available with minimal effort.  (And yes, the particular episode from which that segment comes has aired on GSN.)

I like how the guy says, "The film is in great shape and once you watch this you'll wish you could find more."  I've got plenty, thanks.

Now if it was something none of us have ever seen, like a cool unsold pilot or something, I could see getting it and having it transferred.  I've done that.  But I don't see having it just because it's somehow cool to own 16mm film.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

$100kPyramidfan

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 05:18:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 05:05 PM\']Now if it was something none of us have ever seen, like a cool unsold pilot or something, I could see getting it and having it transferred.  I've done that.  But I don't see having it just because it's somehow cool to own 16mm film.
[snapback]99315[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, now, I see your point, you're right; I was interested because it's a studio master. I just thought it was worth mentioning because it's something you don't find everyday.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:24:05 PM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

cmjb13

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 05:43:28 PM »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS