Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weirdest theme spotting ever  (Read 8392 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Weirdest theme spotting ever
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2005, 11:00:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 07:46 PM\']Well, I guess you could compare the isolation booths to a cage match...
[/quote]
They have something called the "Elimination Chamber" now. Ginormous round cage that goes over the ring, with an isolation booth at each corner. Two guys in each ring, a guy locked in each booth. At intervals, one at a time, the booths open, thereby releasing that contestant into the match.

I think they need headphones filled with loud music, but that's just me. Instead they just stand there and grimace a lot.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JakeT

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2005, 03:17:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Oct 4 2005, 08:16 PM\']So my geeky friends and I are watching "RAW Exposed", a retrospective of WWF/E's greatest moments from their Monday night programming. One of the highlights featured was great moments from the brief period when The Rock and Mankind were tag team partners, as "The Rock & Sock Connection." And since it's a montage of great moments from a professional wrestling tag team comprised of two modern legends, the music playing in the background was...the theme to "Pass the Buck."

I have nothing to add to that. It's just when I yelled "Hey! That's the theme to Pass the Buck!" my friends there looked at me like a cow fell out of my nostril. Thought I'd post it here where only a handful of people will react that way.
[snapback]98615[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry to dredge this one back up but I'm still intrigued by the news that the "Pass The Buck" theme, previously considered to be a mystery and/or missing-in-action treasure to many theme collectors, is alive and well and possibly finally now within our reach.  I'll gladly do whatever digging/calling/begging/annoying and so on in an effort to at least obtain the song's title, composer/artist and perhaps even the library in which it resides but before I can begin, someone will have to pardon my ignorance and tell me just where this aforementioned "RAW Exposed" can be found 'cause this boy don't know nuthin' 'bout no rasslin' and I have no idea which direction to head towards.

Any info that anyone could provide would be appreciated.  The "Pass The Buck" theme is one of only a precious few themes from the 70s still on my must-have list.

Thanks in advance...:)

Jake

DrBear

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2005, 07:57:21 AM »
I'm just imagining...

WWE Announcer: "And a pile driver, and it looks like the champ is almost out of it...
(PTB music starts)
Announcer: "What the ... omigod, that's BILL CULLEN'S music!"
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2005, 12:06:24 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Oct 27 2005, 04:57 AM\']Announcer: "What the ... omigod, that's BILL CULLEN'S music!"
[snapback]100575[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good Ol' J.R.: "IT'S BY GAWD BILL CULLEN!!"
Lawler: "Puppies!"

Turns out RAW Exposed was a special the USA Network did earlier this month to trumpet the Monday Night show returning to USA following it's several-year stay over at TNashvilleN/TNationalN/Spike. It is, however, pretty safe to say that USA had no part whatsoever in its production, it was prolly put together by the WWE's people, because that's how WWE rolls; they do most if not all of their own stuff. So you might start by placing a call to their offices in Stamford and trying to get the ear of their production department.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 12:06:46 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

LetsGoMets2003

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2005, 02:55:09 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 27 2005, 12:06 PM\']So you might start by placing a call to their offices in Stamford and trying to get the ear of their production department.
[snapback]100577[/snapback]
[/quote]

JakeT:

A quick check of WWE's corporate site lists two numbers that may be able to help in your quest.

WWE TV Production (Most likely place for an answer, either way.)
120 Hamilton Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902
(203)-353-2900

WWE Corporate Headquarters
1241 East Main Street
Stamford, CT 06902
(203)-352-8600

Good luck! Hope that helped.
James

ChuckNet

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 08:53:57 PM »
And let's not forget that "Love Experts" and the '84 "Jackpot" pilot used a Top 40 instrumental single called "Spring Rain" - which was also frequently used as background music when describing sporting event highlights back then.

And on the radio front, it was also used as a traffic bed for NY's WABC in the late 70s.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")