Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Finders Keepers" music  (Read 3477 times)

JepMasta

"Finders Keepers" music
« on: September 28, 2005, 02:36:04 AM »
Hey guys, when I was younger in the '80s, my favoreite Nick game show was "Fidners Keepers."  I would give anything to herar the old 30 second search music, and my all time favorite game show music, the 90 second music, for the "room to room romp."  If anyone can help me find it, I would be greatly appreciative

thanks

Brian~

Speedy G

"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 11:32:32 AM »
[quote name=\'JepMasta\' date=\'Sep 28 2005, 02:36 AM\']Hey guys, when I was younger in the '80s, my favoreite Nick game show was "Fidners Keepers."  I would give anything to herar the old 30 second search music, and my all time favorite game show music, the 90 second music, for the "room to room romp."  If anyone can help me find it, I would be greatly appreciative

thanks

Brian~
[snapback]97898[/snapback]
[/quote]
Step 1) Get Nick GAS.
Step 2) Wait until "Fidners" Keepers is on.
Step 3) Watch and listen.  You ain't getting it in the clear unless you're willing to cobble together eight or nine shows worth of music, just to get all the pieces without any sort of host chatter.  And applause free?  Forget about it.
Step 4) Go "Find it!" yourself.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

cmjb13

"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 11:35:28 AM »
It's amazing that with the proliferation of game show music that nothing has been released for Finder's Keepers or Think Fast. Both great shows with awesome music (as least the versions with Eure & Carrington).

Make the Grade was released some time ago but it wasn't in the clear.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 01:53:16 PM »
Make the Grade was released some time ago but it wasn't in the clear.

Right. Nick GAS's website had a nice cut from the closing of an episode, but it wasn't reposted amongst their 19 revamps of the site.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

jmangin

"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 02:11:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' date=\'Sep 28 2005, 11:32 AM\']You ain't getting it in the clear unless you're willing to cobble together eight or nine shows worth of music, just to get all the pieces without any sort of host chatter.  And applause free?  Forget about it.
[/quote]

Don't be so sure.  Just because you don't have certain cues doesn't mean others don't  have them.

uncamark

"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 02:34:24 PM »
[quote name=\'JepMasta\' date=\'Sep 28 2005, 01:36 AM\']Hey guys, when I was younger in the '80s, my favoreite Nick game show was "Fidners Keepers."  I would give anything to herar the old 30 second search music, and my all time favorite game show music, the 90 second music, for the "room to room romp."  If anyone can help me find it, I would be greatly appreciative
[snapback]97898[/snapback]
[/quote]

Go write to Edd Kalehoff.  He's probably got it stashed somewhere behind Andrea and Alexis' voice-over demos.  :)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 09:29:36 PM »
"Finders Keepers" is one of those elusive themes.  I know there is someone on this board that might have it, but probably won't give it up for any number of reasons.  I've asked for it a couple of times and have gotten the same response each time.  You'd think it would be out there somewhere given the proliferation of the themes and cues from "Double Dare".

Another one that I KNOW is out there, but the holder cannot give it to anyone due to a personal promise made to the widow of the creator, is the 1979 version of "Let's Make A Deal" from Canada (The disco-type theme).

Who knows, maybe someday, someone will "find" the FK theme package and share it with us.  Same for "Think Fast", and LMAD '79.

Matthew
--Matt

BrandonFG

"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 09:35:13 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Sep 28 2005, 08:29 PM\']Another one that I KNOW is out there, but the holder cannot give it to anyone due to a personal promise made to the widow of the creator, is the 1979 version of "Let's Make A Deal" from Canada (The disco-type theme).
[snapback]97996[/snapback]
[/quote]
Stan Worth did that song right? Would that stop any of his other themes from being released? I know they've been on other sites? Or is it special exception because LMAD was Hatos-Hall?

BTW, I hate doing this...I REALLY do, but technically you're a year off (1980). Sorry, if I didn't do it, Zach would. I'll go to the TTD90 room. :-P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 09:37:41 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 09:53:17 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Sep 28 2005, 06:29 PM\']I've asked for it a couple of times and have gotten the same response each time.
[/quote]
Which was what? Maybe, just maybe, it's possible that they didn't actually have it?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 10:56:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 28 2005, 08:53 PM\']Which was what? Maybe, just maybe, it's possible that they didn't actually have it?
[snapback]98003[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep.

Fostergray82, thanks for the correction!  ;-)  At least you were polite about it!

Matthew
--Matt

Ian Wallis

"Finders Keepers" music
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 09:02:15 AM »
Who knows, maybe someday, someone will "find" the FK theme package and share it with us. Same for "Think Fast", and LMAD '79.

I'm still holding out hope that eventually the closing theme from "Whew" will hit the trade curcuit.  That's still my all-time favorite.  At least we have the complete theme from a show close, but it's not the same...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!