Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rich Fields  (Read 22136 times)

cmjb13

Rich Fields
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2005, 07:36:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 3 2005, 06:24 PM\']This comment said "if you don't like Rich, tell CBS." My point has simply been that CBS didn't listen to us when it came to the original hiring decision, so I see no reason why they would listen to us now.
[snapback]98451[/snapback]
[/quote]
I meant that as a joke. More than anything to show they still had the poll up.

Speaking with Randy in AC, he's grateful for the opportunity to have done it.

I gather it's a hell of a lot more than he ever thought he'd accomplish. So in that regard, he's already won.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rich Fields
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2005, 07:41:58 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 3 2005, 04:36 PM\']Speaking with Randy in AC, he's grateful for the opportunity to have done it.

I gather it's a hell of a lot more than he ever thought he'd accomplish. So in that regard, he's already won.
[snapback]98468[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sure he has. I shed no tears for Randy, in many ways the whole thing has worked out better than he could have hoped, and I'm thrilled to see that he's doing just fine.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Rich Fields
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2005, 03:10:52 AM »
TPIR Live basically has to fill the house every night. Harrah's takes care of the venues, and as long as the tourism industry holds up they will have a steady stream of paying audience members. No worries about what happens when their old geezer emcee kicks the bucket, or the network wants a younger demographic, or they've lost their clearance in market X which is running them at 2:30 am, or the mobility scooter company/Liberty Mutual has cut their ad budget, or CBS wants to give the hour over to soaps, bla bla bla. The live show may thus have a more solid business model than the TV show.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 03:12:04 AM by chris319 »

TPIRFan

Rich Fields
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2005, 05:09:16 PM »
Wow, today's show was the first where Rich didn't yell as much during the intro. Mayvbe he (finally) toned it down.

jmangin

Rich Fields
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2005, 08:20:11 PM »
I'm not sure what you were watching, but there was clearly shouting going on.  He sounds like he gargles shards of glass.

FOXSportsFan

Rich Fields
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »
Can you sound any better?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rich Fields
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2005, 09:05:04 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 05:33 PM\']Can you sound any better?
[snapback]98873[/snapback]
[/quote]
Me? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could.

That's still a crappy argument, though. You don't necessarily have to be able to perform a task yourself to recognize quality, or the lack of it, in the performance of that task. I will allow that there are situations where certainly a familiarity of the task might allow you to speak with more authority than you might have if you haven't done it, but, with all due respect to Randy, this is talking, and I think we have an idea how it SHOULD sound.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

LA the DJ

Rich Fields
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2005, 09:38:51 PM »
The more I listen to rich, the less I like him. I didn't mind him at first, but the highness in his voice when he announces a car, $10,000, or Bob Barker, is just shrill.
Even those who aren't gs fans notice. One of the other guys at work even made a comment about it when he announced the $10,000 on the punchboard.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

TPIRFan

Rich Fields
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2005, 09:31:26 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 08:38 PM\']The more I listen to rich, the less I like him. I didn't mind him at first, but the highness in his voice when he announces a car, $10,000, or Bob Barker, is just shrill.
Even those who aren't gs fans notice. One of the other guys at work even made a comment about it when he announced the $10,000 on the punchboard.
[snapback]98882[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is exactly why a lot of us don't like him.

I think he could be somewhat bearable if they got him some voice training, or if he just toned it down a little.

TPIRFan

Rich Fields
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2005, 07:24:46 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Oct 3 2005, 12:56 PM\'][quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Oct 3 2005, 01:36 PM\']There are CBS personnel and others who are close to TPiR who have given me verbal information on the results of that voting. The casting was clearly (and perhaps rightfully) based on other factors.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]98422[/snapback]
[/quote]
Translation: Rich did not finish first in the voting. What, then, did they decide on who got the job?
[snapback]98424[/snapback]
[/quote]

Probably who could be the complete "yes man". I've heard Rich say "You got it!" more than anyone.

Pretty sad that Rich got the job even though he did not finish first.

Steve Gavazzi

Rich Fields
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2005, 07:32:01 PM »
Okay.  You don't like Rich Fields.  We get it.  Now for the love of God, please talk about something else.