Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: As requested: 2006 Aussie DoND  (Read 4642 times)

pownster

As requested: 2006 Aussie DoND
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:30:35 AM »
By popular demand - I have uploaded and edited down some top moments from last night's premiere episode of "Deal Or No Deal" for 2006.

Check it out at my "Video Moments" webpage.

Australian Game Show Web Page - Video Moments

Chris.
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »
[quote name=\'pownster\' date=\'Jan 31 2006, 08:30 AM\']By popular demand - I have uploaded and edited down some top moments from last night's premiere episode of "Deal Or No Deal" for 2006.

Chris.
[snapback]109113[/snapback]
[/quote]

Interesting....I like the Double/Nothing element, though I wish the contestant could 'choose' the final briefcase of two...Wheeling only one out reeks of potential producer tampering.

And is it me, or has Andrew gotten MUCH looser?

Thanks Chris ...good stuff!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »
[quote name=\'pownster\' date=\'Jan 31 2006, 08:30 AM\']By popular demand - I have uploaded and edited down some top moments from last night's premiere episode of "Deal Or No Deal" for 2006.

Chris.
[snapback]109113[/snapback]
[/quote]

Whew whee.... that's flashy.  I like it!

Brandon Brooks

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 11:50:50 AM »
I like the whole "Double or Nothing" Deal at the end of the game. I just wonder what will happen if somebody wins the car... I doubt they'll be wagering car sereos and hubcaps.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 02:26:36 PM »
Yeah, O'Keefe has loosened up a lot from what I've seen, and I like it, you need a strong personality on that show.

God help me, I like the whooshing and animations, too. For a game like this, where there is no game, the eye-candy factor is important.

How do you win the car, anyone know?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 03:25:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 31 2006, 07:26 PM\']How do you win the car, anyone know?
[snapback]109147[/snapback]
[/quote]

Either by having the briefcase and playing to the end (presumably) or having it in the Supercase if the bank decides to roll it out for you (this depends on how much you deal at, one of seven cash amounts or a car is put in a giant briefcase, you can choose to forfeit the deal you made for what's in the case - some are larger, many are smaller).

Regarding producer collusion: unlikely, seeing as the independent auditor (a guy named Michael Hill from a gaming company last time I saw it) gets an on air conversation every-so-often (do they still do this, Chris?).

Otherwise - that's a brilliant montage! Thanks very much. I think I was expecting more in the way of visual change - I had read that they were adopting the US logo for this series and a completely new set. Thank goodness they haven't.

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Jan 31 2006, 12:25 PM\']Either by having the briefcase and playing to the end (presumably) or having it in the Supercase if the bank decides to roll it out for you (this depends on how much you deal at, one of seven cash amounts or a car is put in a giant briefcase, you can choose to forfeit the deal you made for what's in the case - some are larger, many are smaller).
[snapback]109151[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ah, I'm blind as hell, I didn't see the "CAR" as one of the cases. :)

I wonder if there is a significance behind the little monkey with the fez on the 50c. :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 03:50:53 PM by clemon79 »

tvmitch

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 04:11:59 PM »
The Double/Nothing twist is fun at the end, but I agree with others that there should be a choice for the contestant of two cases, not just one big case. Speaks too much of "How much do we have left in the budget?" for me.
You should follow me on Twitter

Brig Bother

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 04:44:37 PM »
I don't know - if Endemol are quite happy to afford the equivilent of Aus$625,000 every weekday afternoon for the Brit show, I'm sure one or two $400,000 wins won't break the bank too much!

tvwxman

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 06:06:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Jan 31 2006, 03:25 PM\']Either by having the briefcase and playing to the end (presumably) or having it in the Supercase if the bank decides to roll it out for you (this depends on how much you deal at, one of seven cash amounts or a car is put in a giant briefcase, you can choose to forfeit the deal you made for what's in the case - some are larger, many are smaller).
[/quote]

Huh? Can someone elaborate on this? The vid clips only showed a double or nothing game, nothing about 7 other big briefcases being wheeled out.

What's that all about ?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Brig Bother

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 31 2006, 11:06 PM\'][quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Jan 31 2006, 03:25 PM\']Either by having the briefcase and playing to the end (presumably) or having it in the Supercase if the bank decides to roll it out for you (this depends on how much you deal at, one of seven cash amounts or a car is put in a giant briefcase, you can choose to forfeit the deal you made for what's in the case - some are larger, many are smaller).
[/quote]

Huh? Can someone elaborate on this? The vid clips only showed a double or nothing game, nothing about 7 other big briefcases being wheeled out.

What's that all about ?
[snapback]109159[/snapback]
[/quote]

They added a new feature last year called the Supercase. In it is one prize chosen by the auditor at random from eight - seven cash and a car, the player can see what the possible amounts are.

If the player takes a deal that falls within a certain range, the Banker can opt to bring out the Supercase (he doesn't have to, and certainly doesn't on the clip you saw). The player can choose to swap his deal for whatever is in the case - be it cash or car.

Wikipedia has a good page on Aussie Deal.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 07:32:30 PM by Brig Bother »

NickS

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 08:28:43 AM »
Maybe it's me... but is that too much extra (i.e. Deal's "Super Deal") too quickly?

Anyway, Chris, the monkey allegedly comes out and throws the 50 cents (not to be confused with throwing 50 Cent) at the contestant, among with flinging poo and banana peels.  All that, in a fez.

Good montage, though -- I think the syndie US DoND could take some ideas from that in a staging/contestant sense.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 07:26:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Feb 1 2006, 06:28 AM\']Maybe it's me... but is that too much extra (i.e. Deal's "Super Deal") too quickly?[/quote]I dunoo, there's not that much game to it, plus it's not an all-or-nothing affair, which is good.  I'd prefer a choice between two cases: you wouldn't have "Door 1" as the only choice for the Super Deal, would you?

Anyway, Chris, the monkey allegedly comes out and throws the 50 cents (not to be confused with throwing 50 Cent) at the contestant, among with flinging poo and banana peels.  All that, in a fez.
HAH! I was going to say something just like that, except (jokingly) that he comes out wearing roller skates, smoking a cigarette and presenting the money.  "And here's Mr. Teeny with...the money!" (Laugh-in applause)
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Feb 1 2006, 04:26 PM\']HAH! I was going to say something just like that, except (jokingly) that he comes out wearing roller skates, smoking a cigarette and presenting the money.  "And here's Mr. Teeny with...the money!" (Laugh-in applause)
[snapback]109234[/snapback]
[/quote]
"Nothing's funnier than a smoking monkey."

-- Penn Jillette