Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Press Your Luck Scenario  (Read 2290 times)

BrandonFG

Press Your Luck Scenario
« on: August 14, 2003, 04:50:34 PM »
Going right with whoserman's question, say you took the $1500+spin and played your six spins, but along the way, hit another ___+spin. So at the end, you now have 2 spins in the earned column, and your score is $11,000.  Your opponent still has $7,700.

Do you:

a) play off one or both of the earned spins, or
b) pass them, and hope your opponent doesn't catch up?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

beatlefreak84

Press Your Luck Scenario
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 05:41:04 PM »
With me, I'd probably be chicken and pass both spins.  Granted, there is the chance he could catch up, but I'll think of it this way:

If I hit a Whammy, the game's over, basically.  I've only seen one person actually make up a $7,700 or more deficit with one more spin (see:  Menard from 1984).  Knowing this, even with the probabilities of hitting the Whammy, I'd still pass because:

If HE hits a Whammy, same deal.  Not only that, but he'd have to make up $3,300, and, unless he hits some decent money or prize spaces (i.e. something at least $1,500), he probably won't catch up.  Not only that, but he'd HAVE to do this twice, which means that, even if he caught you in one spin, he'd still have to fend off the Whammy again to pull off the victory.

The odds seem clearly in favor of passing here with the 2 spins, so that's what I would do.

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™