Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud renewed?  (Read 6749 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud renewed?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2005, 04:51:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 01:32 PM\']Any number of hosts do it, and it always bugs me. I think it's a sign of an egomaniac. Donny Osmond always said "I'll give you" rather than "you'll win" or "we'll give you."
[/quote]
I don't agree. The host is the public face of the whole operation, he's the only one on-set who represents the production. So I don't put any meaning into "I'll give you..." other than the host doing his job of representing.

So why don't I get annoyed when a host does an "I'll give you..." and I do when Shandi takes responsibility for Lingo puzzles and game cards? I dunno. I'm weird that way.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

musicman

Feud renewed?
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2005, 10:38:03 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 12:32 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 09:24 PM\']What did Pat O'Brien host?! ;-)
[snapback]95032[/snapback]
[/quote]
"Who Wants to Get a Hooker and Have a Threesome With Me, Pat O'Brien"?
[snapback]95045[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought it was called ELIMIDATE or THE FIFTH WHEEL?

musicman

Feud renewed?
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 10:42:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 07:02 PM\']Don't mind Mark, he's made a cottage industry over being pissed about pretty much everything. :)
[snapback]95007[/snapback]
[/quote]

Who is Mark, and I'm not pi$$ed about everything...just a certain late-night talk show that is not funny.

musicman

Feud renewed?
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2005, 10:46:50 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 06:16 PM\']This means this incarnation of Feud will at least tie the ABC Dawson run in longevity, nine years.
[snapback]94999[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes it will tie Dawson's 9-years on FEUD.  It will also be the LONGEST RUNNING syndicated incarnation of FEUD.

!!(APPLAUSE)!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 10:48:40 PM by musicman »

zachhoran

Feud renewed?
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2005, 11:01:05 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 09:42 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 07:02 PM\']Don't mind Mark, he's made a cottage industry over being pissed about pretty much everything. :)
[snapback]95007[/snapback]
[/quote]

Who is Mark, and I'm not pi$$ed about everything...just a certain late-night talk show that is not funny.
[snapback]95194[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mark is Modor AKA Dsmith.

Jimmy Owen

Feud renewed?
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2005, 12:20:45 AM »
I don't think you can say with certainty that the show will last that long, even if it has been renewed far into the future.  The first NBC Jeopardy was renewed well into 1975, but Merv traded the renewal to get WOF on the air.  What it might mean is that stations will be contractually obligated to run Fremantle barter spots through 2008.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Feud renewed?
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2005, 05:59:38 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 10:01 PM\']Mark is Modor AKA Dsmith.
[/quote]
Thanks, but I haven't been known as DSmith for quite some time, and would appreciate it if I was not referred to as such.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 06:35:45 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Robert Hutchinson

Feud renewed?
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2005, 08:00:33 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 09:00 PM\']The whole "DOUBLE THE POINTS!!!!1111!!!ELEVEN" thing is a nice cliche joke for us, but it's blown WAY out of proportion...from the way people make it sound here, Karn fairly screams it, and the crowd pops like Stone Cold Steve Austin just walked onto the set, and neither was the case in actual practice.[/quote]

I think a lot of that modification came from people who hadn't really seen much more than one or two episodes of Karn Feud. I'm pretty sure it started out as "oh, great, here comes the Appointed Time of Point Doubling event".

I thought Karn was perfectly competent, too. Certainly I've seen worse, certainly I've seen more wooden, and certainly I've seen more annoying. He's being villified that he's not Dawson or Combs.

This I disagree with. You may have caught him on a good day, or one where he didn't have to fill any time. I think he's somewhat competent, and I've certainly seen worse, more wooden, and more annoying (he's a good light-year ahead of Louie Anderson). But after three YEARS of hosting, he still chokes on something so common as building up the reveal for a steal.

"All right. If that is up there . . . you guys get the points! And take first blood! But if it's not, then . . . they get those points. The Martinez family. Is it up there? Um, going to the dentist!"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

The Pyramids

Feud renewed?
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2005, 06:39:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Aug 27 2005, 07:00 AM\'] I think he's somewhat competent, and I've certainly seen worse, more wooden, and more annoying (he's a good light-year ahead of Louie Anderson). But after three YEARS of hosting, he still chokes on something so common as building up the reveal for a steal.

"All right. If that is up there . . . you guys get the points! And take first blood! But if it's not, then . . . they get those points. The Martinez family. Is it up there? Um, going to the dentist!"
[snapback]95215[/snapback]
[/quote]

That is exactly where the problem lays.  Another example - "You need those points to get out of zero"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud renewed?
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2005, 06:48:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Aug 27 2005, 05:00 AM\']This I disagree with. You may have caught him on a good day, or one where he didn't have to fill any time. I think he's somewhat competent, and I've certainly seen worse, more wooden, and more annoying (he's a good light-year ahead of Louie Anderson). But after three YEARS of hosting, he still chokes on something so common as building up the reveal for a steal.
[/quote]
I may have. So the question turns to whether he's being hired to be a competent game-show host, or whether he's being hired to be Al Borland. I'm guessing it might be a little closer to the latter. People like Al's character, he's unthreatening, a little naive, and he bumbles somewhat. I think a LOT of people identify with that for whatever reasons.

So maybe we're nitpicking him because we have these expectations of what a game show is supposed to be, and while he doesn't stand up to those, he's being someone that people will nonetheless watch and feel good about.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Feud renewed?
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2005, 06:50:39 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 27 2005, 06:48 PM\']People like Al's character, he's unthreatening, a little naive, and he bumbles somewhat. I think a LOT of people identify with that for whatever reasons.
[snapback]95245[/snapback]
[/quote]

Especially a lot of people here......