Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ben Stein on Hardball tonight (8/14)  (Read 3307 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Ben Stein on Hardball tonight (8/14)
« on: August 14, 2003, 02:39:22 PM »
Ben Stein's going to talk with Chris Matthews about the California recall vote this evening.  Hardball airs on MSNBC at 7 PM, 11 PM, and 2 AM Eastern.  The show should rerun Sunday afternoon at 4 PM Eastern as well.

And for the 2 people still wondering, no, my Hardball segment hasn't aired yet even though it was taped 9 weeks ago today.

tommycharles

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 03:00:24 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 01:39 PM\'] Ben Stein's going to talk with Chris Matthews about the California recall vote this evening.  Hardball airs on MSNBC at 7 PM, 11 PM, and 2 AM Eastern.  The show should rerun Sunday afternoon at 4 PM Eastern as well.

And for the 2 people still wondering, no, my Hardball segment hasn't aired yet even though it was taped 9 weeks ago today. [/quote]
 If you had won, are they going to make you wait until they get around to airing it for you to recieve the prize money? That seems kinda unfair when they don't tell you what they air date is.

Casey

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 03:42:15 PM »
Hardball isn't a game show...  It's a news dialogue program along the same lines as a Meet The Press or Face The Nation.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 03:51:57 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 12:42 PM\'] Hardball isn't a game show...  It's a news dialogue program along the same lines as a Meet The Press or Face The Nation. [/quote]
 That said, the portion of the program that Mike competed in was very much like a game show, so I can see where Tommy would have that question.

(In case you didn't know, when Matthews took the show on the road to various colleges, students were selected to answer a barrage of questions fired at them by Matthews, the best performances of which were invited back for a Grand Final of some sort. We know Mike made it to the final. The final is the show which he alludes to when he mentions it hasn't aired yet.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 01:42:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 02:00 PM\'] If you had won, are they going to make you wait until they get around to airing it for you to recieve the prize money? That seems kinda unfair when they don't tell you what they air date is. [/quote]
 Are you insinuating that I didn't win? :-P  Yes, the grand prize won't arrive until a few weeks after the show airs.  The air date was originally sometime in late June.  My guess is MSNBC had to do a lot of editing, as the taping for this half hour segment (if even that long) took over 7 hours.  In 90 degree heat.  While wearing a CSU sweatshirt the whole time per the producer's request.  Now I know why they're called SWEATshirts. :-P

I had a nice lengthy post about this yesterday afternoon and then right as I went for the 'add reply' button...ZAP!  The blackout hit.  Great timing.  Oh well, at least everything in this neck of the woods has returned to normal.

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 03:00:52 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 15 2003, 10:42 AM\'] Are you insinuating that I didn't win? :-P [/quote]
 You never told us if you did or not, so we assumed you couldn't until the show aired. I think that's what Tommy was saying.

That said, congratulations on winning! :)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 04:53:23 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 15 2003, 02:00 PM\'] You never told us if you did or not, so we assumed you couldn't until the show aired. I think that's what Tommy was saying.

That said, congratulations on winning! :) [/quote]
 Are you insinuating that I won? :-D  (Ain't I a bastage? :-P)

I can't say how I did due to the confidentiality agreement.  All I have said and will say until it airs is my effort wasn't disappointing.  I was more than pleased with the end result.

You guys like finding hidden messages in my posts, even when they're not there...:-)

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 05:12:29 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 15 2003, 01:53 PM\'] Are you insinuating that I won? :-D  (Ain't I a bastage? :-P)
 [/quote]
 Ya know what? Now I'm starting to see why they haven't aired this thing, if they had to edit out all of the smartass from the show first. ;)

(Of course, Matthews wouldn'rt have any lines then, either.) :)