Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any upcoming GSN Schedule Changes?  (Read 9564 times)

Shredder

Any upcoming GSN Schedule Changes?
« on: August 16, 2005, 12:42:35 PM »
Now that I've got it, there's not really much I want to watch on it.  One showing of PYramid, a  half  hour of Match, and the Familly Feud hour.  THe weekend is the better schedule.  And I havn't been watching Race due to the fact that I don't want to spoil the upcoming DVD's.

Stein is gone from the schedule, they didn't even get to the post Jimmy Kimmel shows that I've never seen.  Press Your Luck is gone from weekdays, as I havn't had a chance to see even a full season of that show yet.  Price is Right has been long gone, and seems never to return.  and Lets Make a deal has been off for, what almost a  year now?

I hope the schedule changes for the better in the next month or so....has anyone heard anything new?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »
I take it you're not a Bill Rafferty fan.

I like the schedule as it is.  TPIR you can watch on CBS and the post Jimmy Kimmel Steins were terrible.  The only additions I would make would be NYSI and the Bill Cullen Chain Reactions.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 03:02:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 02:00 PM\']The only additions I would make would be NYSI and the Bill Cullen Chain Reactions.
[snapback]94321[/snapback]
[/quote]
Now let's not be dissing the USA version. Blake Emmons or nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 03:07:58 PM »
I'm wondering when they moved the Dawson/Combs Hour to 5-6?

Came out of left field for me.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

$100kPyramidfan

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 03:00 PM\']I take it you're not a Bill Rafferty fan.

I like the schedule as it is.  TPIR you can watch on CBS and the post Jimmy Kimmel Steins were terrible.  The only additions I would make would be NYSI and the Bill Cullen Chain Reactions.
[snapback]94321[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree. As far as classics in general go, we're a lot better than we were one year ago. Maybe when Rafferty's BB is finished again, they'll switch it with another classic.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 03:10:45 PM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

xibit777

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 03:08:02 PM »
I think Password Plus and Super PW are a couple of the best shows that GSN has put on in a while.   Plus Rafferty's CS is good, then there's blockbusters (which I'm not too fond of anymore), and the new season of Lingo.

The schedule is pretty good.   The only thing I don't like is too much Millionaire, Weakest link has gotten really old due to reruns, and I don't care for the primetime schedule except I realize that they need it like that to get demos.  

So yeah I think there's room for improvement mainly by removing 1 airing of Millionaire a day along with Weakest Link, but honestly how much do we really want to watch GSN?   Seems like a few good hours is more than enough.

$100kPyramidfan

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 03:13:16 PM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 03:08 PM\']I think Password Plus and Super PW are a couple of the best shows that GSN has put on in a while.   Plus Rafferty's CS is good, then there's blockbusters (which I'm not too fond of anymore), and the new season of Lingo.

The schedule is pretty good.   The only thing I don't like is too much Millionaire, Weakest link has gotten really old due to reruns, and I don't care for the primetime schedule except I realize that they need it like that to get demos. 

So yeah I think there's room for improvement mainly by removing 1 airing of Millionaire a day along with Weakest Link, but honestly how much do we really want to watch GSN?   Seems like a few good hours is more than enough.
[snapback]94326[/snapback]
[/quote]

That makes sense. Maybe if they just switched off or something.. like when TTTT'90's run is complete, put on another version, or replace BB'87 at its end with NYSI or something like that, if you know what I'm trying to say. I wouldn't mind if they did that, since they have to keep up with the other demos.
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 03:21:12 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 02:07 PM\']I'm wondering when they moved the Dawson/Combs Hour to 5-6?
[snapback]94324[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hadn't they had the Dawson/Combs hour at 5 some time ago (while it was still Game Show Network), and then moved it back an hour?  It's more to me like GSN is just moving it back to an old timeslot.  But that's just the weekdays; on weekends it's still at 4p.

Also, I'm enjoying the $100,000 Pyramid hour Saturdays at 5p, although it would probably be nice to show one of the other versions with it as well.
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 03:34:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Queen of Nerdocrombesia\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 03:21 PM\']Hadn't they had the Dawson/Combs hour at 5 some time ago (while it was still Game Show Network), and then moved it back an hour?  It's more to me like GSN is just moving it back to an old timeslot.  But that's just the weekdays; on weekends it's still at 4p.
[snapback]94329[/snapback]
[/quote]
I seem to recall it was from 4-5 until a month or two ago (maybe when Amazing Race was added?), because I would usually get home around 4:45 ET and catch the last 15 minutes.

Now I can catch the whole 30 min.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 05:16:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 11:42 AM\']Press Your Luck is gone from weekdays, as I havn't had a chance to see even a full season of that show yet.  [/quote]

Hasn't PYL been shifted off to the weekends only for over a year?  Besides, GSN doesn't cater to you.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 05:53:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 05:16 PM\'][quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 11:42 AM\']Press Your Luck is gone from weekdays, as I havn't had a chance to see even a full season of that show yet.  [/quote]
Hasn't PYL been shifted off to the weekends only for over a year?  Besides, GSN doesn't cater to you.
[snapback]94339[/snapback]
[/quote]
And this board doesn't cater to you, Mark.

Shredder was merely asking if any changes were in the works; he wasn't demanding that they occur.  Lighten up.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 05:53:48 PM by dzinkin »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 02:23:46 PM »
The only additions I would make would be NYSI and the Bill Cullen Chain Reactions.

I'd add Kennedy's "Break the Bank" and the CBS "Joker's Wild"....but  GSN seems to be allergic to the Barry-Enright shows lately  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 02:46:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 17 2005, 01:23 PM\']
The only additions I would make would be NYSI and the Bill Cullen Chain Reactions.

I'd add Kennedy's "Break the Bank" and the CBS "Joker's Wild"....but  GSN seems to be allergic to the Barry-Enright shows lately  :)
[snapback]94366[/snapback]
[/quote]

Because they don't want to pay Sony to air them, for whatever reason.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 03:10:20 PM »
It is the height of absurdity that one division of Sony would not allow another division to utilize the  holdings without charge, especially when there are no other possible customers for the holdings.  Is this another of those urban legends we always fall for?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 03:12:53 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

irismason42

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »
I remember a time when Liberty Media was buying GSN in 2000, GSN still wants to air as many Sony game shows as they can and they were allowed to air it, but the rule says they have to pay for the Sony game shows ever since the Vintage Squares and Win, Lose or Draw were first reran and today, Sony game show rights are being pushed to the side and it's almost obvious that the Sony game show rights are expiring for GSN.