Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eye Guess  (Read 2877 times)

beatlefreak84

Eye Guess
« on: August 06, 2005, 09:20:12 PM »
Hello all,

I recently received an e-mail from somebody looking for an episode of "Eye Guess" that featured her mother winning a new car.  According to her, her episode aired in 1969 and she won other prizes like a fur coat and tickets to a Bette Davis premiere.  I was not given her name, so I can't be of much help there.

From past discussions we have had, I remember it being said that most of the "Eye Guess" episodes save for the one from GSN a few years ago are presumed destroyed in the "great NBC tape bonfire."  I would hate to tell this person that without assurance beforehand that that happened to this particular episode, though.

Since it was from 1969, could it be that one that GSN showed?  I don't remember offhand what prizes were won on it.

Any information you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

zachhoran

Eye Guess
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 09:26:45 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Aug 6 2005, 08:20 PM\']
Looking for an episode of "Eye Guess" that featured her mother winning a new car.  According to her, her episode aired in 1969. Could it be that one that GSN showed?  I don't remember offhand

[snapback]93504[/snapback]
[/quote]

The episode GSN showed was from 1966 or 1967 IIRC, it wouldn't be that one.

MikeK

• Martha!
Eye Guess
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 10:04:37 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 6 2005, 09:26 PM\'][quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Aug 6 2005, 08:20 PM\']Looking for an episode of "Eye Guess" that featured her mother winning a new car.  According to her, her episode aired in 1969. Could it be that one that GSN showed?[/quote]The episode GSN showed was from 1966 or 1967 IIRC, it wouldn't be that one.[/quote]Or it was from 1968.  I saw this episode last week.  The car offered in the end game was a 1968 model.  The episode did not have a car win.

Adam Nedeff

Eye Guess
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 10:59:27 PM »
I would hate to tell this person that without assurance beforehand that that happened to this particular episode, though.

Oh man, that attitude will change eventually. I used to reply to folks like that with unique e-mails, but about three years ago I typed up a form e-mail. If it's somebody who can give me some info like "It was taped in 1980 and I remember his opponents were named Glen and Carla," I'll still get back to them, but geez..."My dad won a set of flatware when I was really little; Do you have this episode?" sure gets old fast.

tvmitch

Eye Guess
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »
I get at least three of these a week. And I think I'm a nice guy, so I try to write replies. But I'm disenchanted by the people who can't read the part on my site that says I don't entertain such requests.

The top questions, the ones that really warm the cockels of my heart (and my "trash" folder) are the people who think I'm a network exec.
You should follow me on Twitter

Ian Wallis

Eye Guess
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 12:19:37 PM »
I've gotten a bunch of those too, and always try to answer whenever an inquiry comes in.  I usually try to let them down easy if it's a show that's presumed gone.  However, if it's a show than GSN has aired, sometimes I've directed them to sites like the Game Show Trading Post, and stated to include as many details as they can remember about the episode.  Am I too patient...maybe; but I have actually sent two people tapes from my collection with THEIR episode on it; and they've been very grateful for my help.   But I know the odds are against most people finding their episode.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!