Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Press Your Luck scenario...  (Read 5465 times)

Ian Wallis

Press Your Luck scenario...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2003, 12:00:33 PM »
In that situation, I'd probably take $1500+One Spin.  I'd worry that I'd run through all the spins, whammy on the last one and lose.  If I had even one spin in the earned column, I could pass it in hopes that my opponent would whammy.  

In watching GSN reruns, I'd forgotten how many times a whammy was hit on the very last spin of the game.  It was mentioned in an earlier post about that guy who hit a whammy and lost $30,000 on the last spin - I'm pretty sure I don't have that one on tape, but I'd love to get it.

As for passing, I always think of \"the $2000 rule\".  In the second round, it's pretty easy to get $2000 on a single spin.  So I was in the lead by $6000, I wouldn't pass unless I had 3 or fewer spins left.  4 would be too easy to pass my total.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2003, 12:06:48 PM »
Robert in SPring 1986 lost $30,518 to a Whammy!, giving his opponent the win with $7K IIRC. Peter fell to the floor upon that Whammy being hit. I think that was the second highest loss to a WHammy in PYL history, with $35K a few months later being the highest(a lady hit Double your $$ and a Spin with $17,500).

beatlefreak84

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2003, 05:34:15 PM »
Robert in SPring 1986 lost $30,518 to a Whammy!, giving his opponent the win with $7K IIRC. Peter fell to the floor upon that Whammy being hit. I think that was the second highest loss to a WHammy in PYL history, with $35K a few months later being the highest(a lady hit Double your $$ and a Spin with $17,500).

If what you're saying is true, Zach, then Robert would be the THIRD highest-money loser to a Whammy instead of second; let us not forget the infamous Cathy Singer, who lost over $31,400 in the best spin war in PYL history!  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™