Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hoosier Millionaire to be redesigned...  (Read 5103 times)

$100kPyramidfan

Hoosier Millionaire to be redesigned...
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 12:30:16 PM »
I care about the show now. I guess because since I had to move away from Indy and I really didn't see the show much when I was there, and when I did, I barely remember it. Now that I can't see the show anymore, for some reason I miss it. I did hear that the new host is Cody Stark (former local Indy weatherman). Is that true?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:50:41 PM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

catkins522

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 02:29:18 PM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Aug 10 2005, 11:30 AM\']I did hear that the new host is Cody Stark (former local Indy watherman). Is that true?
[snapback]93791[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, Cody Stark and Catt Sadler was the new host until Cody left the show to go to California.  Now, it's Tony Lamont.  Paula Ingram is filling in because Catt is having her maternity leave.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

$100kPyramidfan

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 04:49:01 PM »
Thanks, Charles..

Tony Lamont? I remember that guy! He did those furniture commercials up there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:49:55 PM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 12:38:36 AM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Aug 10 2005, 03:27 AM\']Ok...you have asked for it....<unneccessary name-calling which is now in fostergray82's sig for all to see>
If you don't care or don't watch the d*mn lottery show, then  move on!

Charles
[snapback]93755[/snapback]
[/quote]

<Meatwad>Only adults like us are allowed to say damn, bitch, ass and hell. So get your hellin' dammin' ass back in that bitchin' damn room, dammit! (Sorry, but it was just too easy to do.)

My question is how are lottery shows even really game shows in the end? More importantly, why are some of them even still on TV? I understand in places like California and Indiana (at least what Brian and Chuckles will have us believe), they're draws. But we had one in the New York area (and for the entire state of New York) for a year and change (I'm sure Zach knows how long it ran, and I'm more sure I could give a Chartier), and I just was wondering after a while why this show was on in the first place? The show, of course, was NY Wired, and as far as I can recall no one who won a spot on the show played (the store owner who sold them the ticket did), and if I'm also not mistaken, the potential for prizes wasn't very good (split among however many people were there).

Call me stupid, call me crazy, but I just can't understand why any state lottery would do something like that.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

NickS

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 07:56:26 AM »
(Massive overquoting deleted. -DZ)

[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Aug 10 2005, 11:38 PM\']My question is how are lottery shows even really game shows in the end?
[snapback]93867[/snapback]
[/quote]
This one can be termed as a game because, well, it's an actual competition with players going head to head.

Same thing with Illinois' earlier incarnation of a lottery game, and Illinois Instant Riches was a game as well.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 04:11:39 PM by dzinkin »

Speedy G

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 03:38:18 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Aug 11 2005, 12:38 AM\']Call me stupid, call me crazy, but I just can't understand why any state lottery would do something like that.
[snapback]93867[/snapback]
[/quote]
"For just ONE dollar, YOU could be HERE in our studio with the chance to win THOUSANDS of dollars in cash and prizes!"

Pretty darn good way to get people playing, assuming that they see normal people on TV winning, and not the owner of the local Kwik-E-Mart.  [Bob Barker] That's duuuuuuumb. [/BB]
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 03:47:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Aug 11 2005, 06:56 AM\']This one can be termed as a game because, well, it's an actual competition with players going head to head.

Same thing with Illinois' earlier incarnation of a lottery game, and Illinois Instant Riches was a game as well.
[snapback]93882[/snapback]
[/quote]
Fine and dandy, but could you ease up on the quoting there?  What you said did not need PYLDude's entire text block to embellish.  This was a recording.

Doug -- and the countdown to 1400 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 03:52:45 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Aug 10 2005, 12:42 AM\']First, watch you language!  There are kids on the page. [/quote]
Yeah, and...?  Last time I checked, this board wasn't "G" rated.  If the kiddies need something refraning from profanity, they can use the message boards at theromperroom.com.

And good grief...how many people besides me would like to see the whole damn thing zapped?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 04:10:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 11 2005, 02:52 PM\']how many people besides me would like to see the whole damn thing zapped?
[snapback]93912[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not zipped, but taken another route if we could.
I'll begin. Are there/were there any lottery games where a champion could return every week as long as he or she remained the champion?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 04:57:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 11 2005, 03:10 PM\']Are there/were there any lottery games where a champion could return every week as long as he or she remained the champion?
[/quote]
When Illinois Instant Riches used the "Pot of Gold" bonus round, if the person in the "King of the Hill" spot won (by succesfully booby-trapping a space twice, I believe), they got to come back for another week.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

beatlefreak84

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 12:09:58 AM »
When Illinois Instant Riches used the "Pot of Gold" bonus round, if the person in the "King of the Hill" spot won (by succesfully booby-trapping a space twice, I believe), they got to come back for another week.

Yep; you're right.  They did have a limit of six wins, and the only reason I remembered that was, first off, I couldn't believe they even had a limit, and, second, I was interested in seeing how they picked the person to be the "champion" for the next show (IIRC, it was just a random drawing, but can anybody confirm/correct that?).

But, as far as redesigning "Hoosier" goes, didn't the last "redesign" bomb so bad that they went back to the original format?  I guess they haven't learned from their mistakes...:)

Oh, and I've always liked the show, save for the last "redesign."  Mark Patrick was a much better host than either Cody or Tony, and I'm not particularly fond of the new tournament format as opposed to the million dollars potentially being won on each show like the "days of old."  But, it's still watchable; I just wish some of the contestants would actually show some excitement at winning (a few weeks ago, someone who got $9,000 in a single pick didn't even crack a smile, clap, nothing.  And yet that team who won $50 on "Sexwars" were ecstatic!).

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™