Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Well, that was different. Lousy, but different  (Read 6287 times)

Ian Wallis

Well, that was different. Lousy, but different
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2005, 02:14:19 PM »
Maybe a bit nit-picky, but I'm wondering exactly where the original air dates come from.  With most syndicated shows in the '70s, these episodes were likely bicycled, meaning the air dates were different in every city.  In my home edition of TVGuide, there were three different stations that aired it each week and each aired a different episode.  Also, two of the air dates on the site were Oct 9, and 11 1976, which seems unlikely.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Matt Ottinger

Well, that was different. Lousy, but different
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 10:34:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 16 2005, 02:14 PM\']Maybe a bit nit-picky, but I'm wondering exactly where the original air dates come from.  With most syndicated shows in the '70s, these episodes were likely bicycled, meaning the air dates were different in every city.  In my home edition of TVGuide, there were three different stations that aired it each week and each aired a different episode.  Also, two of the air dates on the site were Oct 9, and 11 1976, which seems unlikely.[/quote]
I'm not sure where the reviewer on the site got his dates.  On the DVD, a great bonus feature is a text commentary running through each episode.  Each commentary begins by telling the date that the show was produced, and the date that it aired in NYC.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.