Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Intersting PAX news...  (Read 4972 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Intersting PAX news...
« on: August 12, 2003, 04:59:13 PM »
I just got off the phone with PAX, leaving them a cordial comment about their decision not to rewnew \"Supermarket Sweep\"; and was told by their audience relations manager that \"Shop Til You Drop\" has been revived and will return October 6...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Casey Buck

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 06:13:49 PM »
WHAT?!?! They're bring back that abomination of a show, and not Supermarket Sweep? I'm going to be sick.

*runs out of the room towards the bathroom*

P.S. To PAX: Yer high. Really, really high.

dzinkin

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 11:46:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 04:59 PM\'] I just got off the phone with PAX, leaving them a cordial comment about their decision not to rewnew "Supermarket Sweep"; and was told by their audience relations manager that "Shop Til You Drop" has been revived and will return October 6... [/quote]
 \"Revived\" as in new episodes, or just bringing the reruns back to the schedule?  I'm pretty sure I know the answer given the poor state of affairs at Pax (infomercials, religion, infomercials, reruns and more infomercials), but just for the heck of it I thought I'd ask anyway.

- David

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 10:39:12 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 10:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 04:59 PM\'] I just got off the phone with PAX, leaving them a cordial comment about their decision not to rewnew "Supermarket Sweep"; and was told by their audience relations manager that "Shop Til You Drop" has been revived and will return October 6... [/quote]
"Revived" as in new episodes, or just bringing the reruns back to the schedule?  I'm pretty sure I know the answer given the poor state of affairs at Pax (infomercials, religion, infomercials, reruns and more infomercials), but just for the heck of it I thought I'd ask anyway.

- David [/quote]
 The gentlemen that was speaking with me on the phone told me \"The New Shop Til You Drop\".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

zachhoran

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 10:43:18 AM »
I'd take an educated guess based on PAX's current state that STYD will be back in reruns(I think PAX recently took off the STYD reruns in favor of George Gray's WL reruns). Some PAX stations still rerun the 6PM local news of the local NBC stations at 7PM EST(and rerun the 11PM news at 11:30 EST), which was STYD's last time slot.

Heidi Cayn Friedman, Stone-Stanley's Exec in Charge of Production, is another former Usenet poster.

catnap1972

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 10:53:59 AM »
Undoubtely reruns...the network is either waiting for itself to be sold off or just expire.  No sense in spending more money when you're about to croak.

Timsterino

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 11:08:34 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 10:53 AM\'] Undoubtely reruns...the network is either waiting for itself to be sold off or just expire.  No sense in spending more money when you're about to croak. [/quote]
 I think you are right.

Tim :-)

dzinkin

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 10:16:46 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 10:53 AM\'] Undoubtely reruns...the network is either waiting for itself to be sold off or just expire.  No sense in spending more money when you're about to croak. [/quote]
 I suspected as much... as I said, I thought I'd ask just for the heck of it, so there you go.  As for Don's comment -- all of the STYD eps that aired on the Family Channel were called \"New,\" so guess where the reruns are probably coming from?

My autographed copy of Bud Paxson's book (about the founding of Pax TV) is looking more like a curiosity, and not much else, every day. :-)

- David

tommycharles

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 05:31:20 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 09:16 PM\'] I suspected as much... as I said, I thought I'd ask just for the heck of it, so there you go.  As for Don's comment -- all of the STYD eps that aired on the Family Channel were called "New," so guess where the reruns are probably coming from?

[/quote]
 Were these the same rule/set wise as the eps that were made for PAX? I seem to remember seeing a picture w/different graphics (done on a lower budget, obviously) and a white floor.

uncamark

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 06:17:27 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 04:31 PM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 09:16 PM\'] I suspected as much... as I said, I thought I'd ask just for the heck of it, so there you go.  As for Don's comment -- all of the STYD eps that aired on the Family Channel were called \"New,\" so guess where the reruns are probably coming from?

[/quote]
Were these the same rule/set wise as the eps that were made for PAX? I seem to remember seeing a picture w/different graphics (done on a lower budget, obviously) and a white floor.[/quote]
Pretty much the same--of course, except for announcers, some music cues, a lack of a real audience and a higher spending limit for the end game, the FAM and Pax versions are pretty much like the Lifetime version.

zachhoran

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 08:25:24 PM »
The $2500 endgame rule(raised from $1000) was in effect for the final two years on the Lifetime run.

ChuckNet

Intersting PAX news...
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 05:29:27 PM »
Undoubtely reruns...the network is either waiting for itself to be sold off or just expire. No sense in spending more money when you're about to croak.

Exactly...I fear that PAX may soon go the way of Kansas City's 1st indie station, KCIT (69-71), the sad fate of which can be described on David Johnson's page.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")