Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where Are They Now?  (Read 3628 times)

jrjgames

Where Are They Now?
« on: August 11, 2003, 10:09:50 PM »
Ok, making a tape for someone and I thought...whatever happened to Al Dubois?

John

ilb4ever2000

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 11:24:25 PM »
I've read that he became a weatherman for The Weather Network in Canada.

Ian Wallis

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 10:57:46 AM »
That is correct...but I don't think he's still there.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Mike Tennant

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 11:41:11 AM »
Here's the latest:  He's a weather and sports guy for Global Television in Montreal.

http://www.canada.com/montreal/info/direct...ory_global.html

uncamark

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 11:45:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 09:57 AM\']That is correct...but I don't think he's still there.[/quote]
The web site doesn't show Al as a \"personality\"--but it *does* show 1980 \"TTTT\" host Robin Ward as a host of \"Good Morning Toronto,\" a general morning show which airs on the Weather Network in the morning in the Toronto area only.

Sometimes, when you least expect something...

ChuckNet

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 02:42:09 PM »
The web site doesn't show Al as a \"personality\"--but it *does* show 1980 \"TTTT\" host Robin Ward as a host of \"Good Morning Toronto,\" a general morning show which airs on the Weather Network in the morning in the Toronto area only.

Hopefully by now he's learned that you only look away from the camera when you're acting...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

PeterMarshallFan

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 03:25:48 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 11:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 09:57 AM\']That is correct...but I don't think he's still there.[/quote]
The web site doesn't show Al as a "personality"--but it *does* show 1980 "TTTT" host Robin Ward as a host of "Good Morning Toronto," a general morning show which airs on the Weather Network in the morning in the Toronto area only.

Sometimes, when you least expect something... [/quote]
 Which site? I dug through the provided one and couldn't find it.

uncamark

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 06:14:53 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 02:25 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 11:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 09:57 AM\']That is correct...but I don't think he's still there.[/quote]

Which site? I dug through the provided one and couldn't find it.[/quote]
This one.

ChuckNet

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 10:13:28 PM »

Do all Canadian GS hosts turn to meteorology when things start to go dry in the former area? Wayne Cox is now doing weather in Vancouver for Global affiliate CHAN (Ch. 8).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Winkfan

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 11:27:16 PM »
Do all Canadian GS hosts turn to meteorology when things start to go dry in the former area? Wayne Cox is now doing weather in Vancouver for Global affiliate CHAN (Ch. Eight).
Or maybe they're just biding their time at the 'meteorology game' while waiting for the next game show gig to come--if any.....

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Lois O'Brien of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:47:15 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

PeterMarshallFan

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2003, 11:02:43 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 06:14 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 02:25 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 11:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 09:57 AM\']That is correct...but I don't think he's still there.[/quote]
The web site doesn't show Al as a "personality"--but it *does* show 1980 "TTTT" host Robin Ward as a host of "Good Morning Toronto," a general morning show which airs on the Weather Network in the morning in the Toronto area only.

Which site? I dug through the provided one and couldn't find it.[/quote]
This one. [/quote]
 Thanks. Pretty easy to tell it's him [the smile gives it away, IMO]

vtown7

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2003, 02:43:59 PM »
Al also has a second GS to his credit - a local kids' game show on CFCF 12 Montreal called \"Whiz Kids\", which as I recall aired at the wonderful time slot of 8.30 am.  A friend from university was on the show... he didn't win though :(

Top prize was a $10,000 scholarship - not too shabby.  The winning kid would sit in an isolation booth, here a question, have 10 seconds to think, and then give an answer.  The ep I have has a miss - although I think at least one kid won it during the dozen (?) show run back in 1990.

Cheers,

Ryan :)