Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $otC Question...  (Read 2429 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

$otC Question...
« on: July 22, 2005, 10:20:25 PM »
Hello everyone!

This is a take-off of the Wikipedia post that I read earlier.

I was reading their article regarding $ale of the Century and came across something rather interesting. Supposedly, the Speed Round was 90 seconds long before it was reduced to a minute.

Do any of you remember this?

The Inquisitive One

(See this article for more information.)
This is the Way.

zachhoran

$otC Question...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 10:58:50 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 09:20 PM\']
Supposedly, the Speed Round was 90 seconds long before it was reduced to a minute.

Do any of you remember this?

[snapback]92086[/snapback]
[/quote]

I always remember the Speed Round being 60 seconds from its debut in March(?) 1984.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
$otC Question...
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 03:01:15 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 07:20 PM\']Hello everyone!

This is a take-off of the Wikipedia post that I read earlier.

(See this article for more information.)
[snapback]92086[/snapback]
[/quote]

See, that's your first mistake.  Wikipedia is great as a jumping off point, but I sure as hell wouldn't list it as a source for a school paper.  Any shlub can edit, delete or go off on a tangent on any page, with nothing to stop them.  It is not to be trusted implicitly.

[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 07:58 PM\']I always remember the Speed Round being 60 seconds from its debut in March(?) 1984.
[snapback]92090[/snapback]
[/quote]

And because Zach remembers it that way, it Must Be So.  Good grief.

It was 21 years ago, for crying out loud.  It's entirely possible that there was a week of shows that had a 90 second speed round.  And a winning score of $145; so they cut back.
Travis L. Eberle