Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation  (Read 11912 times)

urbanpreppie05

Temptation
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2005, 08:54:18 PM »
Well, Since that post made no sense whatsoever, here's a semi-better Sale/temptation update...
(edits made after some polite suggestions)

Round 1: Questions worth $5 each
Instant Bargain
Round 2: Question worths $5 each
Instant Bargain
Fame Game-played same as before, except it's back to faces. if the show were on a network, it would use the faces of stars from that network. If it were syndicated, it could be any stars.
Round 3: Questions worth $10 each
Instant Bargain
Fame Game
Speed Round: Questions worth $10 each.

All contestants recive their scores in cash and the prizes they won on stage.

The end Game: The $ale of the Century/Great Temptation
Contestants win it all if they reach a score of $1000. This makes it so that better players (ken Jennings wannabes) can win in shorter amounts of time. Here's the prize chart. As before, they "buy" these prizes at greatly reduced prices.

Day #1- An ultimate Entertainment package, valued at 7-9K
Day #2- A trip, valued at 9-11K
Day #3- 3 rooms of furniture, valued at 13-15K
Day #4- A mid-sized sedan, valued at 20-25K
Day #5- A $30,000 shopping Spree
Day #6- A Trip Around the World, valued at 40K or so
Day #7- A Boat, valued at 50 K
Day #8- A luxury Car, valued at at least 75 K

At this part of the game, they can buy the prize-but can walk at anytime.

"The Great Temptation buyout-part 1"-On day 8, the contestant has the option of walking with all their prizes and 1/4 of the cash jackpot at that point. If they decide to take it with their prize and win, they are deemed a winner and retire... if not they, can continue to...

"The Great Temptation buyout-part 2"- On day 9 If the contestant has won their game they can win the jackpot instantly by winning the game...but if they feel so prudent, they can win 4 times the cash jackpot by answering one final question. this segment would add "millionaire lights," "isloation booths" et al. If they win, then they win the Jackpot, times 4...if they lose, they lose the jackpot, but not the prizes.

The jackpot starts at 100K and increases 10K each day it is not won.

Set: A cross between the latter-day aussie years, with some american flair. The contestant podiums would have glass block behind it, staying blue-tinted during the question round, green during the IB/FG parts, and Red during the Speed Round. Geographically, everything would be set up exactly as it was before in the 80s, but the center "pit" would have the logo on it. The doors would also be used for some prizes, but wouldn't open fully until the end of the game (when they split apart). In the $ale round, the only prize on screen would be-the car, and a gratuitous 100,000+ sign. The rest of the prizes would be on plasma screen TV's and slide out on stage (like Name that Video) and would be purplely-blue when not won, and would turn red with a red "SOLD" sign on it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 09:04:25 PM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Temptation
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2005, 08:55:21 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 07:54 PM\']Day #1- An ultimate Entertainment package, valued at 7-9K
<snip>
[/quote]
It may be just me, but you have too much time on your hands when you have it narrowed down to the exact prizes you'd give away.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

urbanpreppie05

Temptation
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2005, 08:56:45 PM »
No it's just you.

Maybe you would actually rather wait more than 10 seconds before a post appears that ripping it to shreds, hmm?
insert signature here

BrandonFG

Temptation
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2005, 08:59:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 07:55 PM\'][quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 07:54 PM\']Day #1- An ultimate Entertainment package, valued at 7-9K
<snip>
[/quote]
It may be just me, but you have too much time on your hands when you have it narrowed down to the exact prizes you'd give away.
[snapback]91739[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I saw nothing wrong with Ben's idea. I mean, that was typically the types of prizes offered on the Perry version, except for the second car. If you're gonna do a $ale revival, you'd need to put the types of prizes offered for each day. I saw no problem with it, esp. since it was pretty true to the version I loved so much.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

NickS

Temptation
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2005, 10:47:16 PM »
Amazing synopsis, pal. But I gotta ask this.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier on us if you just ate an entire box of graham crackers and two whole bags of Chee-tos like normal people do?

Right now, my daughter's into graham crackers... and I thank you for your compliments.

May Shiva bless your IR tables.

Oh -- you *weren't* talking about my post?  Nevermind.

I wanna know why his opening spiel calls Jim Perry "Phil Moore."

Because "Phil McCracken" was already taken?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:49:14 PM by TeppanYaki »

Don Howard

Temptation
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2005, 11:04:47 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 07:54 PM\']The end Game: The $ale of the Century/Great Temptation
[snapback]91738[/snapback]
[/quote]
The Great Temptation!!! Oooo, like the sound of it. I would nix the idea of quadrupling the cash jackpot, especially since at $10K per day it's likely to be well into the hundreds of thousands as it is without the multiplication. Not much really has to be changed with this game. It's a masterpiece on its own. Most humans haven't seen the program in sixteen and a half years if they've even seen it at all. Just like Password. And that's a pity.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 11:05:56 PM by Don Howard »