Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation  (Read 11911 times)

Don Howard

Temptation
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2005, 12:33:41 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 13 2005, 10:24 PM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 12 2005, 06:17 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jul 12 2005, 05:51 PM\']For what it's worth, I was about 12 when Roth was hosting Masters of the Maze, and I thought then that he was a giddy, no-talent ass-clown.
[/quote]
At least his replacement was Mario Lopez instead of Dustin Diamond.
[snapback]91314[/snapback]
[/quote]
That would've brought things to a Screeching halt.
I'll be in the TTD90 room. Hold your fire.
[snapback]91424[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, that was rather clever. Watching one Pyramid episode with guest celebrity Arianna Huffington will satisfy the penance. I'll hold your Bed, Bath & Beyond stuff. Now, where are those magazines with Brooke Burke's picture?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 12:34:13 AM by Don Howard »

WhammyPower

Temptation
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2005, 09:40:47 AM »
I think Walberg would fit well.  Based on his previous work, it seems like a cross of "Russian Roulette" and "Temptation Island" (without the sex).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 09:46:09 AM by WhammyPower »

NickS

Temptation
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 08:50:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 13 2005, 08:03 PM\'][quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Jul 13 2005, 05:40 PM\']Since we're throwing names out wildly, I'll put my .02 in and say Pat Kiernan... but he's probably better suited for a Q/A like Temptation.
[/quote]
What is amusing me is the people tossing out names who have never so much as seen a clip from the show. (Not saying you're among them, 'Yaki.)

While I'd love to see Kiernan on a game show again, DoND would be a waste of his mad reading skillz. I'd love to see him on a Sale-type quizzer, but since all of the experience I have with him is Studio 7, I don't know if he has the personality to carry the Instant Bargain and endgame segments.
[snapback]91412[/snapback]
[/quote]

And this is where we come back to Billy Bush or Todd Newton; they both have the knack to go along with the flow if/when that crazy contestant goes along.  In a way, it's really stringing them along like Geoff Edwards would with TH.

True... I've only seen synopsis and photos, but going off said synopsis... that's what I'm guessing.

To see Walberg -- Larry Horse sez too snarky.

Who knows... but I have been looking at the affiliate promo site daily just to see if there's any news.

JIANORAN

Temptation
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2005, 01:04:28 AM »
GAME SHOW PROPOSAL: TEMPTATION

Cast

Host: Jim Perry
Announcer: K-Sly (Kathleen Taylor)
Co-Hosts (or Models): Natasha Yi, Rachel Reynolds, Shane Stirling, Lanisha Cole, Brandi Sherwood, Christy Hemme, K-Sly

Opening spiel: "Today on television's most 'virtually realistic' bargain sale, we're offering a (name of car) valued at (manufactured suggested retail price) for (a greatly reduced price offered on $otAG); (insert 2nd prize) valued at (mnufactured suggested retail price) for (a greatly reduced price offered on $otAG). TWO of the incredible bargains on...Temptation! And now, here's the star of the show, Jim Perry!"

Alternate: This week, players can win (insert 4 prizes here) and continue a journey to a fortune in cash and prizes including (insert car here) and $25,000 in cash, over $75,000 waiting to be won, onnnnnnnnn Temptation!!! And here's the star of the show, Jim Perry!!!!

Three players, compete in "Temptation: Arcade Mode", a video arcade shopping game show where they can buy merchandise prizes (from the ordinary to the ornate) at greatly reduced prices., in this Sale of the Century/Nick Arcade crossover

The show starts off with the "face-off", a thirty-second match on a video game, and the high scoring player received $5 and control of the board while the other 2 players received $20. The object of the game was to move mikey, an animated video character, from one side of the board to a predetermined goal. The Team in control decided which way to move. Each square they landed on contained either puzzles to solve, a pop quiz question about sports, a video challenge or the "Fame Game" on which a team could win a prize or additional money added to their score from a nine-square board consists of pictures of celebrities (nine network only) by buzzing in and answering a "Who am I?" question., if s/he lands on the fame game the first time a $10 value is up there, 2nd time a $15 is up added, 3rd time $25 is added, and burgular symbol which confetti will fall on the studio and allows you to take $5 off your score to the opponent, A video challenge meant the team that was in control got to choose which of the five video games they want to played. The Contestant played the game after  using a Magna Doodle, wrote down how much money they want to wager (If the player has $20 or less, the maximum wager was $20), after the Video Challenge, the player adds the score from the video challenge to their winnings. A team lost control of the game board and $10 when "Mikey" landed on a "game over" square or when it missed a question. During each round, the team that was in the lead was offered in Round 1 the vault, The player with the highest amount of money at the time of the game has the opportunity to grab a random monetary amount - ranging between $1 and $5000 - at a cost of $10 of their score. The range counter spins and only stops when the player buzzes in. They get to keep whatever amount comes up.
 "Instant bargain" (only in rounds 2 or higher) which could be purchased with the player's accumulated cash total (example: a Autographed Bat for $10). The first player to reach the goal in the first round could earn $20 by correctly answering a question chosen from three possible categories by the 2 opponents.

A second round was played almost the same rules as the first. Dollar values were doubled but instead of a goal, there was a "Sixty-Zecond Speed Zone" where each rapid-fire question added or deducted $10 from the players' scores in the final 60 seconds. After the "speed zone", the player with the most money won the game and played for additional cash added to their bankroll.

The winning player will play one more game and tried to complete three tasks of a video game in sixty seconds. Each game had three parts to be completed. The first task for $25 if completed, The second for $50, and attempted The final task for $100. After the three task game, the team could either use their winnings to purchase prizes from VSN (Video Shopping Network) or come back to the next show and earn more. The prizes were offered at greatly reduced prices, with the more expensive prizes requiring more cash to be entitled to buy them. The wizard's cash jackpot started at $50,000 and increased $1000 a day until claimed. Any team was lucky enough to win everything left over with over $100,000 in cash and prizes if they accumulated at least $1,000 in winnings (as mentioned in the opening spiel).

Alternate: The champion faced a 20-number board and chose squares one at a time, looking to match two squares with the same prize and win that prize. The board concealed six prizes worth between $2500 and $15,000, the car, $5000 cash, $10,000 cash, and two wildcards, which when revealed gave the contestant the next prize they chose automatically., and s/he matched 2 wildcards then s/he wins everything.

OTHER STAFF

Director: Jim Marcione, Jerome Shaw
Head Writer: Gary Johnson
Writer: Bill Barr
Associate Producer: Issac Mayo
Executive Producer: Al Howard, Robert Noah
Supervising Producer: Robert Crystal
Producer: George Vosburgh, Burt Wheeler
Music: Jack Grimsley
Additional Music: Marc & Ray Ellis
Production Designer: Bent Christensen
Production Management: Bill Mason
Taping Location: Hollywood Center Studios
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 06:48:00 PM by JIANORAN »

itiparanoid13

Temptation
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2005, 07:38:47 AM »
I think this is the new "wow" post instead of that one on the GSN TCA post.  This easily beats it, especially with things like the choice of directors.  Just wow.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 07:39:38 AM by itiparanoid13 »

Robair

Temptation
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2005, 07:46:01 AM »
Amazing synopsis, pal. But I gotta ask this.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier on us if you just ate an entire box of graham crackers and two whole bags of Chee-tos like normal people do?
--Robair

Steve Gavazzi

Temptation
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2005, 10:33:31 AM »
I wanna know why his opening spiel calls Jim Perry "Phil Moore."

Jimmy Owen

Temptation
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2005, 10:38:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 09:33 AM\']I wanna know why his opening spiel calls Jim Perry "Phil Moore."
[snapback]91668[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's because with Jim's immense height Jim would "phil moore" of the tv screen.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

Temptation
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2005, 11:12:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 09:38 AM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 09:33 AM\']I wanna know why his opening spiel calls Jim Perry "Phil Moore."
[/quote]

That's because with Jim's immense height Jim would "phil moore" of the tv screen.
[snapback]91669[/snapback]
[/quote]

Two drinks. Try Veal. Tip Servers.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tvwxman

Temptation
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2005, 11:14:24 AM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 12:04 AM\']GAME SHOW PROPOSAL: TEMPTATION

<SNIPPING THE CRAP>

[snapback]91657[/snapback]
[/quote]

Shame on you for writing so much garbage that you're on the ignore list.
Shame on me for continuing to unignore your posts to see what the fuss is all about.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2005, 01:05:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 08:14 AM\']Shame on you for writing so much garbage that you're on the ignore list.
Shame on me for continuing to unignore your posts to see what the fuss is all about.
[/quote]
Ponderous, man. Just freakin' ponderous.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

Temptation
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2005, 01:09:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 09:33 AM\']I wanna know why his opening spiel calls Jim Perry "Phil Moore."
[/quote]
He must've misread a post as "What Would You Do?"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 01:10:28 PM by WhammyPower »

Don Howard

Temptation
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 12:04 AM\']GAME SHOW PROPOSAL: TEMPTATION
Cast
Host: Jim Perry
sometime later in the pitch session
"Instant bargain" (only in rounds 2 or higher) which could be purchased with the player's accumulated cash total (example: a Autographed Bat for $10).
[/quote]
What I would do to see Jim Perry's face as he reads this should he be an Invision lurker.
A sawbuck for an autographed bat of whom? Jim Perry? Reg Grundy? Blake Emmons? Crazy Horse?
Normally, I just read these and move on but this is my favorite quiz show you've sent to the slaughter. May the Almighty have mercy on your soul come Judgment Day.
By the way, did you come up with this idea before or after 9/11/2001?
And was Richard Dawson even considered for the hosting job?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 05:00:09 PM by Don Howard »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Temptation
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2005, 07:48:19 PM »
What the hell are they serving in school lunches these days?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Temptation
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2005, 08:18:23 PM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' date=\'Jul 18 2005, 12:04 AM\'](acid trip snipped)
[/quote]

I don't know what the flying &$#@ you're smoking, but I don't even think Fremantle would mess the show up that badly.

[font=\"Arial\"]BRICK!!![/font] not because it made no sense, but because you're $%&#'g up a perfectly good show for no reason.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!