Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Karn Feud upcoming season  (Read 8075 times)

beatlefreak84

Karn Feud upcoming season
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2003, 09:25:06 PM »
Although it often presented a problem in those pre-VCR days...which show do you watch, knowing you might miss something big on the one you choose not to? :-)

Hmm...That's a toughie, considering, in Chicago, there isn't a lot of overlap in terms of game shows/reality shows.  However, I'll have to say that I always choose \"Big Brother 4\" on Tuesday nights over \"Dog Eat Dog.\"  I sometimes regret not watching it just because I don't get to see 6 intellectually-challenged contestants bumble over who was our last President!

Wait...intellectually-challenged contestants on \"Dog Eat Dog\" or intellectually-challenged contestants on \"Big Brother 4?\"  Perhaps I'm not missing much (see:  Alison on BB4!)!

I know it would make a big deal in areas where you have H2, WWTBAM, WOF, and/or J! airing within the same hour, but it doesn't pose a problem here (and all other shows air in primetime).

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2003, 09:42:40 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 08:25 PM\'] I know it would make a big deal in areas where you have H2, WWTBAM, WOF, and/or J! airing within the same hour, but it doesn't pose a problem here (and all other shows air in primetime). [/quote]
 Here in Rochester NY, J! and H2 are on at the same time.  Unless there's some really good reason for me to watch H2 (like the Game Show week) I'll watch J!.  Of course, that's given I watch either of them — I often work weekday evenings and watch WoF during my break.

joshg

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2003, 04:34:36 AM »
The first tapings for the new season will be the weekend of August 22nd. As to changes for the upcoming season, I'm not at liberty to give any details yet, but there will be one significant change, one that we'll all be pleased to see.

Three words: Lucky Lollipop Tree

-or-

Threee more words: a mechanical board

JOSH
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 04:34:59 AM by matchgame »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

WhammyPower

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2003, 09:36:47 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Aug 15 2003, 03:34 AM\'] Three words: Lucky Lollipop Tree

-or-

Three more words: a mechanical board

JOSH [/quote]
 -or-

Two Words: CELEBRITY EDITION!

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2003, 06:55:25 PM »
No.
Why would they?  
What's special about this?  And why would anyone like it?

Brandon Brooks

Card Shark

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2003, 10:10:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Aug 15 2003, 06:55 PM\']
What's special about this?  And why would anyone like it?

[/quote]
 It's never stopped anyone from doing it before!
Adam Strom

joshg

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2003, 12:28:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Aug 15 2003, 05:55 PM\']
No.
Why would they?  
[/quote]
I guess my sarcasm isn't as prevalent as Mr. Lemon's is. It obviously isn't going to be any of the above. Will they fix the Triple round with only 1 strike? Will they bring out a Double round with only 2 strikes? Basically, what I'm saying is that I'll tune in to see the change(s), hum a few bars of the theme, probably wonder why it took them so long to make the change(s), make a sandwich and wait for H2 to come on. Sorry kids, 'Feud' just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Whoopie doo...

JOSH
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 02:44:03 PM by matchgame »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2003, 03:07:26 PM »
Three guesses: Gene Wood is coming back. Dawson theme returns. Introduction of the \"Quadruple Round.\"  Well, I was kidding with the last one, but I hope the change is indeed something that will make me look forward to seeing it more often.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2003, 03:21:46 PM »
My guess is that they'll introduce a new segment where one member of each family goes on a hidden-camera date with three members of the other family. If they don't put out, they're out of the rest of the game.
@lambertman

DrBear

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2003, 08:01:09 PM »
Personally, I'm hoping for Icey as the \"Feud Time Girl.\"
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2003, 01:14:23 AM »
Maybe since the Triple round is the only one that matters even one bit, they'll just skip the other three rounds.  Heck, then they can do it like Pyramid; play two games with the same families each show, if a team wins and goes to fast money twice they come back the next day, if both teams win whoever scores more in fast money comes back.

Don Howard

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2003, 02:20:46 PM »
Here's the exciting change:
Richard Karn will give a word and the family members are to determine what the top four (or five or six, depending on the word) definitions are.

Casey Buck

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2003, 06:35:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 17 2003, 11:20 AM\'] Here's the exciting change:
Richard Karn will give a word and the family members are to determine what the top four (or five or six, depending on the word) definitions are. [/quote]
 \"As you all know, Family Feud is a game of definitions...\"

beatlefreak84

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2003, 08:07:37 PM »
\"As you all know, Family Feud is a game of definitions...\"

Dear God!  If I actually heard this as an opening, I'd probably smash my TV into many little pieces!  Fremantle's already screwed the game over with the Triple Round; why add this to the mix?  I guess they figure that it wouldn't hurt, right?  :)

But, seriously, my money's on a scoring change; I think they'll switch to Single, Single, Double, Triple with maybe the \"one strike rule\" remaining.  They probably still won't use 300 points as a benchmark, though; it'll probably still be whoever has the most after the Triple round wins.

However, like the rest of you, I have no idea; I guess I'll just have to wait until next month to find out!

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

zachhoran

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2003, 08:15:47 PM »
If they go to \"single single double triple\" format, with high score at end of triple round winning, a family winning the first three questions could have more than 300 points going into the triple round, making it impossible for the other family to catch up. That format(which was used in the first edition Sharedata Feud computer game in 1987) would be worse than the current one.