Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Karn Feud upcoming season  (Read 8074 times)

Card Shark

Karn Feud upcoming season
« on: August 10, 2003, 06:21:40 PM »
Has anyone attended a taping of the Karn Feud for the upcoming season? If so, have they made any changes like round format system, scoring, etc?
Adam Strom

mandelweb

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 08:34:49 PM »
Has anyone attended a taping of the Karn Feud for the upcoming season? If so, have they made any changes like round format system, scoring, etc?

The first tapings for the new season will be the weekend of August 22nd.   As to changes for the upcoming season, I'm not at liberty to give any details yet, but there will be one significant change, one that we'll all be pleased to see.  

I'll spill a bit more on my website in a couple of weeks after the first tapings are done.

- Mandel
http://mandelweb.com

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 08:40:48 PM »
[quote name=\'mandelweb\' date=\'Aug 10 2003, 07:34 PM\'] As to changes for the upcoming season, I'm not at liberty to give any details yet, but there will be one significant change, one that we'll all be pleased to see.  

[/quote]
 Hmmm? Maybe a scoring change?

Tim :-)

pyl85

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 10:12:17 PM »
I really hope it's a scoring change. I hate it how 99 times out of 100 the last question makes the previous three rounds irrelevant.

TonicBH

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 10:31:45 PM »
As to changes for the upcoming season, I'm not at liberty to give any details yet, but there will be one significant change, one that we'll all be pleased to see.

I'll make a few guesses:
1. They finally changed the scoring format to Single Single Double Triple (or some variation thereof)
2. They went to \"first to 300 points wins\"
3. They ditched the Dawson/Anderson set mix and went with something more \"traditional\".

I'm probably wrong on all counts. :P
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2003, 10:48:23 PM »
I can pretty much guarantee that the more y'all stew over what it might be, the less satisfied you will be with the ultimate result, no matter how cool it is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 11:12:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 10 2003, 09:48 PM\'] I can pretty much guarantee that the more y'all stew over what it might be, the less satisfied you will be with the ultimate result, no matter how cool it is. [/quote]
 That's why I prefer not to stew over it.  Who knows, Richard Karn might be clean-shaven!  That would be a major letdown, because it did happen once in a Home Improvement flashback.  You know, before the internet in the days of inside sources and media in everyone's face at once, we were actually surprised to see new sets, new rules, new personnel, et al.  I miss those days.

Skynet74

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 01:05:03 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 10 2003, 10:12 PM\'] You know, before the internet in the days of inside sources and media in everyone's face at once, we were actually surprised to see new sets, new rules, new personnel, et al.  I miss those days. [/quote]

Well stop reading this Message Board and you can relive those old days once again :-) Seriously though.... I hear where you are coming from. I used to get so damn excited when September hit. The Cross-Wits used to update their set and music every two years. I would be in such a good mood when I saw how they freshened everything up over the summer.

That was also a time when there was guaranteed to be new game shows on the fall schedule. They were always good ones to. Not like the lame things you tend to see these days. The 70's and 80's were an exciting time for Game Shows that I truly miss.  September no longer brings the same amount of joy that it once did.

John
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 01:05:56 PM by Skynet74 »

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 01:13:33 PM »
I'm not stewing here, but-

I have the strangest idea that it's a scoring change. Notice Mandel said: It's a change we all will be pleased to see- and not one of us has said we absolutely LOVE that Triple round.

Once again, I'm not stewing here... :-)
insert signature here

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2003, 03:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Aug 11 2003, 01:13 PM\'] I'm not stewing here, but-

I have the strangest idea that it's a scoring change. Notice Mandel said: It's a change we all will be pleased to see- and not one of us has said we absolutely LOVE that Triple round.

Once again, I'm not stewing here... :-) [/quote]
 I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round!

Now THAT'S a bad GS joke.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2003, 04:03:38 PM »
Now don't jinx us...:-)
insert signature here

tommycharles

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2003, 06:44:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 10 2003, 09:48 PM\'] I can pretty much guarantee that the more y'all stew over what it might be, the less satisfied you will be with the ultimate result, no matter how cool it is. [/quote]
 That's why I'm setting my standards low: Richard will now kiss all the...video screens.

Oh, and a legitimate response - that kind of stewing is what ruined Pyramid last year - it was cool, but not as good as it could have been. Plus - there was no real suspense as there had been set pics (the one change I was interested in) available for a few weeks by that point.

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2003, 06:50:30 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Aug 11 2003, 02:36 PM\']I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round! I love the triple round!
[/quote]
I wish Louie Anderson would come back.

(sarcasm detector explodes)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »
The 70's and 80's were an exciting time for Game Shows that I truly miss. September no longer brings the same amount of joy that it once did.

I agree totally.  Reading over my old TVGuides makes me really miss those days, especially the mid-late 70s where you had a different game in prime access every night.  Those days were great for games - probably the best there ever was.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ChuckNet

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2003, 02:46:33 PM »
I agree totally. Reading over my old TVGuides makes me really miss those days, especially the mid-late 70s where you had a different game in prime access every night. Those days were great for games - probably the best there ever was.

Although it often presented a problem in those pre-VCR days...which show do you watch, knowing you might miss something big on the one you choose not to? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")