Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Ultimate TV Game Show Book  (Read 7898 times)

ITSBRY

The Ultimate TV Game Show Book
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 06:07:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 28 2005, 02:43 PM\']Right, and that's fine. You wanna buy it for the words, that's excellent. But I am as perplexed as you (and we really shouldn't be, based on what we've seen in the past) over these people who are clamoring to snap up these defective copies, despite repeated warnings from those in a position to know that they have NO collector value and are NOT likely to be corrected.
[snapback]90304[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry, I'm confused. The original post by Mrs. GameShow certainly left the impression with me that there WOULD be a corrected printing and that the problem was the printer, not the publisher. It said that the recall applied to the 'first 1000 books printed'.  The other folks who have chimed in to say "don't expect another printing", may work in the publishing industry but as far as I can tell from this thread have nothing to do with this particular book or publishing house. The author's themselves are the ones who called this a 'blooper edition'. I've re-read the original post several times and it certainly sounds to me like they have every intention of issuing a corrected print and maybe have done so already. It seems to me that Fred and Steve would know a heck of a lot more about the details behind this. Hopefully Mrs. Gameshow will keep us in the loop on when it's issued, if that does indeed happen.

Anywho...personally, I'd prefer the correct copy, but I'll snap up the first one I find just to make sure I get A copy! :)

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 06:16:21 PM by ITSBRY »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2005, 07:27:50 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Jun 28 2005, 03:07 PM\']The author's themselves are the ones who called this a 'blooper edition'.
[/quote]
Think about this for a second. Would you be MORE likely or LESS likely to buy one if the author referred to it as a "misprinted defect?"
I've re-read the original post several times and it certainly sounds to me like they have every intention of issuing a corrected print and maybe have done so already.
And that would be great if they did. However, if they did without doing any sort of cost-benefit analysis, well, then I can see why they're a publishing house that would let this happen in the first place.
Anywho...personally, I'd prefer the correct copy, but I'll snap up the first one I find just to make sure I get A copy! :)
With all due respect to Fred and Steve, and my best wishes for much success, Harry Potter this ain't. I suspect copies will be available.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Passepartout

• Happy Halloween 2021
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 12:59:42 AM »
Harry Potter it ain't but there will be copies available indeed! Can't wait to get my copy as well. From two game-show loving people not just game-show lovers but like historians on the genre! Like Fred & Steve are!
2021 Happy Halloween

Jumpondees

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 05:32:23 AM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jun 27 2005, 03:38 PM\'][quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Jun 27 2005, 02:21 AM\']I think I'm going to hold on to this and get a good copy when I can get one, and perhaps save my misprinted edition to perhaps have Steve and/or Fred sign for me one day should I be fortunate enough to meet them.
[snapback]90175[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wouldn't you think the good copy would be the one to have them sign?
[snapback]90225[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nah, I'm just strange like that!!

I realize that I'm not going to make tons of money on a misprinted copy of a book on this subject...In fact, I'd be wasting valuable bandwith better spent on spam trying to hawk such an item on ebay.

Personally for me, it has a small value to me, and that really is all that matters.

Like I said, I didn't run out to the store at the drop of a hat looking specifically for a misprinted copy.  I wanted it just based on the material it promised. I just happened on one without paying attention to it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:40:29 AM by Jumpondees »

calliaume

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 09:36:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 28 2005, 03:08 PM\']Years ago, when I was still a Dodger fan, shortly after they won the World Series in 1988, I bought Orel Hershiser's rookie card.  I think I dropped like eight bucks on it, 'cuz Orel was hotter than a pistol then. Could I get that much for it today? Well, I dunno, but I'm guessing the rookie card of a pitching coach for the Texas Rangers isn't worth any $8. Would I sell it in a million years? Gawd no. 'Cuz the memories of that season are worth FAR more than whatever it could bring.

/What? $50,000? Hell, I can BUY memories.... :)
[snapback]90306[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, you were only off by $49,998.50.

Baseball cards are lousy investments.  Unless you have 60,000+ of them sitting in your office, like me.