Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Theme Songs...  (Read 11906 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Theme Songs...
« on: June 16, 2005, 11:14:10 PM »
Some songs don't seem to fit the song they're associated with--such as the 70s "Break the Bank".

Any others?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

Theme Songs...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 11:17:56 PM »
Tic Tac Dough--the 1990 aberration with the Henry Mancini theme. That should've been saved for The All New Romper Room.
By the way, I disagree about the BtB theme, but we'll be men and live with the disagreement.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 11:19:16 PM by Don Howard »

BrandonFG

Theme Songs...
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 11:29:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 16 2005, 10:17 PM\']Tic Tac Dough--the 1990 aberration with the Henry Mancini theme. That should've been saved for The All New Romper Room.
By the way, I disagree about the BtB theme, but we'll be men and live with the disagreement.
[snapback]89317[/snapback]
[/quote]

When Karn Feud tried to use the Combs theme, it sounded horribly out of place. And horribly edited.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

Theme Songs...
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 12:15:20 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 16 2005, 10:29 PM\']When Karn Feud tried to use the Combs theme, it sounded horribly out of place. And horribly edited.
[snapback]89318[/snapback]
[/quote]

Their usual theme sounds horribly out of place, too.

I agree on BtB being not quite right with a comedy show. Joker's Wild's whistling theme I didn't like either--too chipper for a game based on a slot machine.

DrBear

Theme Songs...
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 07:07:46 AM »
I always thought the "Split Second" theme (Kennedy version) was an odd one - Vegas showy for the first part (the showing off of the five cars) switching to a rather silly second-half to introduce the show itself. It would have fit better for this fast-paced, hard-question show to have something a bit more dramatic.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BrandonFG

Theme Songs...
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 07:21:03 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 06:07 AM\']I always thought the "Split Second" theme (Kennedy version) was an odd one - Vegas showy for the first part (the showing off of the five cars) switching to a rather silly second-half to introduce the show itself. It would have fit better for this fast-paced, hard-question show to have something a bit more dramatic.
[snapback]89328[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought most Stan Worth theme songs were pretty strange, esp. "Gambit," and except for "High Rollers," and even that one went into a weird segue.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

zachhoran

Theme Songs...
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 07:53:46 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 06:21 AM\']
I thought most Stan Worth theme songs were pretty strange, esp. "Gambit," and except for "High Rollers," and even that one went into a weird segue.
[snapback]89329[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mort Garson composed the 70s Gambit theme. Stan Worth did the Las Vegas Gambit theme(that last show to premiere featuring his music, as he died the next year in a plane crash)

WhammyPower

Theme Songs...
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 07:57:59 AM »
Monopoly.  Sounded like the lady was having sex with someone.

BrandonFG

Theme Songs...
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 08:04:53 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 06:53 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 06:21 AM\']
[snapback]89329[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mort Garson composed the 70s Gambit theme.
[/quote]

Well I stand corrected. It doesn't change the fact that the theme was weird. :-P

Stan Worth did the Las Vegas Gambit theme

Which must be where my confusion came from.

Ian Wallis

Theme Songs...
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 08:56:52 AM »

I always liked the '76 "BTB" theme and didn't think it seemed out of place.  I especially like the intro to the show, and how they used the various passages of the music to set everything up.

What about "Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour"?  I've heard people say it's too "bombastic".

I agree that the Combs theme sounds out of place on the Karn set, but what about other shows which have had more than one theme?  "Tattletales" comes to mind - I guess I preferred the '74-78 theme.  I don't know why they didn't re-use the theme in '82 since everything else about the show was the same.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Chief-O

Theme Songs...
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 09:49:08 AM »
I kinda thought the Second Chance theme sounded out of place [at least after the intro part].
.....and it goes like this!!!

WhammyPower

Theme Songs...
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 10:40:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 08:49 AM\']I kinda thought the Second Chance theme sounded out of place [at least after the intro part].
[snapback]89339[/snapback]
[/quote]
Kinda like how it doesn't seem to fit with Feud, either.

wschmrdr

Theme Songs...
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 01:51:43 PM »
I think the current Wheel of Fortune theme song is out of place. There's no catchy tune; what they use now seems more fitting for a big money show, not a "solve the puzzle and win about $20,000" show.

Osmond's Pyramid theme I don't fused too well with the show. The theme they used seemed a bit better for a "run around and win a trip" show, not what has always been a semi-big-money show.

The Price is Right, on the other hand, I would like to compliment. They found the best mix for their primetime rendition of the show.

MCArroyo1

Theme Songs...
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 06:43:20 PM »
There's a difference between "out of place" and "crap."  I really don't think the Osmond Pyramid theme would've fit well on ANY show...

ilb4ever2000

Theme Songs...
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 07:02:09 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 06:53 AM\']Stan Worth did the Las Vegas Gambit theme(that last show to premiere featuring his music, as he died the next year in a plane crash)
[snapback]89330[/snapback]
[/quote]

Of course, the Las Vegas Gambit theme is weird because it uses kazoos.