Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Facts  (Read 6906 times)

irismason42

Jeopardy! Facts
« on: May 11, 2005, 09:54:55 PM »
IIRC, when Jeopardy! first went to syndication nightly, the set went like this: In the first season in 1984-85, the contestants' entrance were came from the second Jeopardy! pilot and that is entering from the left side of the set where the game board is located and when Johnny Gilbert introduces the returning champion, it used to be the total displays being colored in red, Alex's entrance was also came from the second J! pilot which would be the entrance for the entire first season, but the 2 main differences from the second pilot and the first season set is the first season set had a blue carpet while the second pilot had a red carpet, and the first season set had the red striped letters on the set but it doesn't even flash and the background color stayed blue throughout the entire episode, that continued until June 14, 1985, the next time the set stayed blue was when they got to Stockholm, Sweden for the week of May 5, 1997 but this was the only week of episodes where Johnny Gilbert was not heard and this was the show's very first "real" outing, and of course Week 6 of Season 14-onward with the exception of the 1/23/98 episode with the Sportscasters special. Now for the second season in 1985-86, the contestants now enter stage right straight to their podiums and now the returning champion's total display went from red to gold and the blue background color would only last until the Jeopardy! round ends and that's where it changes to red for all the rest of the episode, for the second season the letters now flashes but only from 1 Letter to the next that is similar to a "chasing light" but the letters are now white, now from Seasons 3-7 the letters would turn gold and now they would display the contestants' names at the bottom of the screen, now starting with the second season, Alex's entrance was now went from walking from the right and entering in the left side right next to "J" in "JEOPARDY!" to entering from the very left of the set that the contestants used to enter but I did noticed that in the first 7 seasons of the show, the Daily Double clues were displayed in full screen and in the Final Jeopardy! round, we see Alex on the right side of the screen and while the contestants write down the reponses and the FJ! 30 second think cue plays, the lights were never turned down, instead the lights were stayed on the entire time the FJ! think cue plays, now when the show got into its second season, the contestants can't ring in until after Alex reads the whole answer out loud and now when Season 8 began, the gridding set makes its debut, the letters on the set now flashes in pink, white and blue in its entire logo and now the Daily Double clues would display in the upper left hand corner of our screen with the contestant being seen in the right half of the screen but for the Video Daily Double, it would display in the upper right hand corner with the contestant being seen in the left half of the screen and now Alex can be seen in the left side of the screen when we get to Final Jeopardy! round and now the lights were turned out while the contestants write down their responses and while the FJ! think music plays and starting in Week 7 of Season 8 which was Week #315, Episode #1571 the bongo theme makes its debut and back in the Season 7 debut, Alex would now wear glasses and he would now wear suits and ties that were furnished by Perry Ellis and on the week of November 4, 1996, the sushi-bar set makes its debut and now Alex enters through the J! Door which kind of reminds me of the way the door opens from The Price Is Right but the door was red for the J! Round and then at first when the sushi-bar set turned red for the DJ! and FJ! rounds, the door itself would then turned blue and then went back to red after Alex told the viewers goodbye but as of October 6, 1997 the door would still be red for the J! round but now since the sushi-bar set would stay blue throughout the whole episode, the door would only be blue for the DJ! round and then it turns back to red for the FJ! round as well, now in the 16th Season in 1999-2000 the J! door would be red all episode long but from Seasons 17 to the early weeks of Season 19, the J! door would stay blue all episode long, for the 1997-98 season, all Daily Double clues would have a red background color on it, for the 1998-99 season, the Daily Double clues went into a half purple and half blue coloring.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 10:03:59 PM by irismason42 »

zachhoran

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 10:02:15 PM »
That post was so touching, Iris.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 10:03:40 PM »
This would be the point where I put my fingers in my ears, count down from 5, and at 0, my head explodes.

100 points and a 50-point follow-up question for anyone who gets that reference.
Travis L. Eberle

tyshaun1

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 10:03:57 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 11 2005, 09:54 PM\']Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
[snapback]85122[/snapback]
[/quote]

That deserves a Pulitzer just for being typed. It's what the internet is all about.

Tyshaun

Chelsea Thrasher

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 10:07:07 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 11 2005, 08:54 PM\']The Encyclopedia What the Hellica
[/quote]

Wow. Just.  Wow.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 10:07:37 PM by Seth Thrasher »

MikeK

• Martha!
Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 10:12:54 PM »
Welcome back to Diagram That Sentence.  As you can see, we've given our contestant one heck of a puzzle, two sentences which contain a total of 835 words.  Agnes, for the trip to Palm Springs....DIAGRAM THAT SENTENCE!  Remember, diagram both sentences and we'll throw in a bonus of $50!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 10:16:29 PM by hmtriplecrown »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 10:14:42 PM »
Is your return key broke?

If it is, too bad the other keys aren't broke too.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Steve Gavazzi

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 10:19:06 PM »
I think this is a perfect opportunity to plug Golden-Road.net's newest FAQ section, Season Timelines.  See the right way to post an obsessively-detailed account of a show's history.

BrandonFG

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 10:20:40 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 11 2005, 08:54 PM\']Iris' diarrhea of the mouth snipped
[/quote]

I can write with my toes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 10:21:21 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Don Howard

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 10:30:25 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 11 2005, 08:54 PM\']on the week of November 4, 1996, the sushi-bar set makes its debut
[/quote]
Wrong! It was November 11th 1996.

saussage

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 10:46:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 11 2005, 09:14 PM\']Is your return key broke?

If it is, too bad the other keys aren't broke too.
[snapback]85129[/snapback]
[/quote]
So that's where my C64 went :)

It's usually called an Enter key but I get the idea. :)
I thought my keyboard had a carriage on it and it flew off the desk after I was done a sentense :)

As well, every time I was hungry, I hit the Apple key but it was broken too... I never received any apples

... darn, my "happy face" key broke :p
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

MCArroyo1

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 10:54:59 PM »
Can we save that gem for posterity?

tomobrien

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 10:59:34 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 11 2005, 07:54 PM\']Blah blah blah I lived in Yoknapatawpha County...
[/quote]
I suppose to be labeled "stream of consciousness," there has to be some consciousness involved first, right?

dzinkin

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 11:12:18 PM »
I need a ruling from the Game Show Parliamentarian: can Iris's filibuster be overruled with 51% of the board's consent, or do we need 60% to agree?

(Or perhaps well under 1%?  Please?)

SplitSecond

Jeopardy! Facts
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 11:23:52 PM »
If ever there's a time to use the nuclear option, this is it.