Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Force is with GSN!  (Read 4753 times)

MikeGameShowFan

Pyramid80

The Force is with GSN!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 07:58:18 AM »
Great to see some 70's WML and TTTT again.

aaron sica

The Force is with GSN!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 09:22:17 AM »
Taping those shows, I will be.

Esoteric Eric

The Force is with GSN!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 12:16:20 AM »
[quote name=\'GSN PRESS RELEASE\']...the "Games Across America" series visited a Star Wars Convention in Indianapolis and will air vignettes throughout the primetime line-up May 21.[/quote]What a change of pace from the GAA during the evening of Rafferty CS, which was... Curt Long at a sci-fi convention. (Granted, an all-encompassing one, even including Walter Koenig speaking Klingon, which I never thought I'd live to see.)[quote name=\'GSN PRESS RELEASE\']Shortly after the first installment of the infamous "Star Wars" series was released...[/quote]Hey, now, wait just a second there, Sparky; unlike "flammable" and "inflammable," "famous" and "infamous" do not have anything close to the same meaning.  An infamous movie series would be something like If You Don't Stop It... You'll Go Blind and its semi-sequel Can I Do It... 'Til I Need Glasses?. ((8=D))
As usual, Esoteric Eric has way too many ideas to stuff in a sig line...
- While it's OK by me for GSN to "pay homage" to SW (even though the James Earl Jones on WML? will have no clue of the impending voice role, let alone becoming a spokesperson for cell phones and DSL), I don't much care for TV Guide jumping on the bandwagon with their overpriced issues with multiple hologram covers, since the magazine's purpose is related to TV viewing, and Episode 3 won't even be on PPV or premium cable for many moons.
- (OK, this one's a rerun.)  I (still) think we could get GAA to cover a GSN dream-schedule competition.
- I've needed glasses since the age of two. ((8=D))
<Kenny Williams> and... </kw>
- Having finally seen Rafferty CS with the prize cards, I think they should have altered the game board to have the prizes appear on the players' "side" of the board a la Concentration, so a stagehand could make them appear without having to hand a piece of cardboard to Susannah. <Imagining BR's reaction> "Higher than a six it's... a stereo system...OK, we'll put that prize on your side of the board... <prize slot cover reveals "STEREO", BR pretends to be taken aback> WHOA! How do they DO that?!?" </ibrr>
Thoughts?
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

gsgalaxy82

The Force is with GSN!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 05:26:08 PM »
GSN ran these episodes when Episode I came out also. So it's not totally new.

David

The Pyramids

The Force is with GSN!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 11:05:26 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 5 2005, 08:22 AM\']Taping those shows, I will be.
[snapback]84466[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good one