Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guess what guys?  (Read 4652 times)

TPIRkid79

Guess what guys?
« on: August 05, 2003, 01:25:58 PM »
I have some news to tell you guys! Last week, I got 5 tickets to attend a taping of The Price is Right on September 23rd. It's true! I'm hoping Rod Roddy calls my name to \"COME ON DOWN\" to contestants' row. Wish me luck if you please!

whampyl03

Guess what guys?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 08:01:28 PM »
Good Luck, pal.  I hope you win truckloads of \"fabulous prizes\".  And some money to pay the IRS for those \"fabulous prizes\" as well. :)

Matt Ottinger

Guess what guys?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 10:33:07 PM »
--------------------
Visit my new game show forums! The Game Show SUPERGROUP!
You know, I guess everybody's entitled to do whatever they want on the great big World Wide Web........but I'm curious what there is so outrageously wrong with what we have going on here that would inspire you to create what appears to pretty much be a carbon copy on an advertiser-supported site.

I swear, one day each of us will have our own individual message board and spend all day on the internet talking to ourselves.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Brandon Brooks

Guess what guys?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 10:48:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 09:33 PM\']
--------------------
Visit my new game show forums! The Game Show SUPERGROUP!
You know, I guess everybody's entitled to do whatever they want on the great big World Wide Web........but I'm curious what there is so outrageously wrong with what we have going on here that would inspire you to create what appears to pretty much be a carbon copy on an advertiser-supported site.

I swear, one day each of us will have our own individual message board and spend all day on the internet talking to ourselves. [/quote]
 Now, why would I need another message board, when I can talk to myself on this one?

\"I don't know, why would you?\"

See?

Brandon Brooks

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Guess what guys?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 11:18:54 PM »
You have to specialize... like, for example, my \"Matt Ottinger's Snarky\" forum. :)
@lambertman

whampyl03

Guess what guys?
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 12:05:58 AM »
Well, gee, If I knew that you guys were going to get a bit antsy, because I have a link for my game show message boards, I wouldn't have posted the link in my signature at all.  I just wanted to create a message board, is that a crime now?  Are you folks going to slap a cease and desist notice on my forehead and send your big, scary henchmen to my front door so they can beat me into applesauce?  Look, guys, every single time I post here, I usually get my butt chewed out, because my views are different, I say something plain stupid (and usually, I'll admit it), or my taste it different.  Granted, I know that I pail in comparison to the majority of you when it comes to game show knowledge, and unlike most of you, I HAVEN'T memorized the Encyclopedia to TV game shows from front cover to back cover, but don't rub it in my face.  When I want you to rub it in my face (the set proposals, the game show idea proposals) I'll let you know.  A certain few message boards I've posted on just aren't fun anymore, and I didn't dare to even think about posting here, because I knew I wasn't ready to, and apparently, I'm still not ready too, so I created my own. Big whoop.  I'm not going into direct competition with this message board, heck, this message board is the holy grail of game show message boards, something I know mine will never be.  I just wanted a piece of the pie, I didn't want to steal the entire pie from you folks.  If the link upsets you, Ignore me.  And If I'm really upsetting to you, sending anybody into severe depression from the sight of my posts, tell the admin of the boards, and they can ban me.

And I'm sorry that I can't pay $10 a month or more so I can have a non-advertiser supported site, I'm just trying to save every penny I can get my hands on.

Dan Sadro

Guess what guys?
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 12:10:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 09:33 PM\'] I swear, one day each of us will have our own individual message board and spend all day on the internet talking to ourselves. [/quote]
 I spend all day talking to myself, and I don't even need the internet.

And whampyl03, you're taking this too seriously.  Matt was really only wondering what he could do to improve the boards.

DrBear

Guess what guys?
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 12:19:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 09:33 PM\'] I swear, one day each of us will have our own individual message board and spend all day on the internet talking to ourselves. [/quote]
 I'd answer that, but I'm too busy with my LiveJournal...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Matt Ottinger

Guess what guys?
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 12:21:00 AM »
You have to specialize... like, for example, my \"Matt Ottinger's Snarky\" forum. :)
Where do I sign up?
Well, gee, If I knew that you guys were going to get a bit antsy, because I have a link for my game show message boards, I wouldn't have posted the link in my signature at all. I just wanted to create a message board, is that a crime now? Are you folks going to slap a cease and desist notice on my forehead and send your big, scary henchmen to my front door so they can beat me into applesauce? Look, guys, every single time I post here, I usually get my butt chewed out, because my views are different, I say something plain stupid (and usually, I'll admit it), or my taste it different. Granted, I know that I pail in comparison to the majority of you when it comes to game show knowledge, and unlike most of you, I HAVEN'T memorized the Encyclopedia to TV game shows from front cover to back cover, but don't rub it in my face. When I want you to rub it in my face (the set proposals, the game show idea proposals) I'll let you know. A certain few message boards I've posted on just aren't fun anymore, and I didn't dare to even think about posting here, because I knew I wasn't ready to, and apparently, I'm still not ready too, so I created my own. Big whoop. I'm not going into direct competition with this message board, heck, this message board is the holy grail of game show message boards, something I know mine will never be. I just wanted a piece of the pie, I didn't want to steal the entire pie from you folks. If the link upsets you, Ignore me. And If I'm really upsetting to you, sending anybody into severe depression from the sight of my posts, tell the admin of the boards, and they can ban me.
You know what genuinely makes me sad about this?  Tomorrow is this poor kid's birthday.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

whampyl03

Guess what guys?
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 01:04:57 AM »
You know what genuinely makes me sad about this? Tomorrow is this poor kid's birthday.

Hopefully, your being scarcastic.  To me it's just another day.  Just like August 7th and 8th and 9th and 10th and all the other 360 days of the year.  The only real diffrence is that I get cake.  I think I steared this post extremely off topic.  Can't we just wish TPIRkid79 good luck at TPIR?

Kevin Prather

Guess what guys?
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2003, 01:10:14 AM »
agreed.

good luck, tpirkid! if you go to the showcase, bid some weird number, like $21,736 or something. :)