Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows with more than 4 players  (Read 6154 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Shows with more than 4 players
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 08:44:44 AM »
College/soap opera challenge week

Ay Dios mío.
There were only two soap stars and one college student, totalling three señor Huevón.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:51:03 AM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

zachhoran

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 08:50:34 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Apr 27 2005, 07:20 AM\']Surprised no one mentioned Scattergories' 8 (though I think some of us are trying hard to forget that one).

And of course, there were the 49 Winning Lines players to start the game.
[snapback]83508[/snapback]
[/quote]

I mentioned Scattergories and Modor mentioned WL.

Add to the list:

WLOD and Pictionary having had two three member civilian/contestant teams, and the Strictly Confidential pilot of Bob Stewart having two teams of four(three celebs and one contestant on each team). Greed had six players playing the qualifying questions, and five started each maingame.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 09:13:42 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 27 2005, 08:50 AM\']

I mentioned Scattergories and Modor mentioned WL.

[/quote]

Dammit...I guess I should get more sleep at night, eh? I won't miss those things.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 10:07:08 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 27 2005, 06:07 AM\']And, since you mentioned it in your sig...The Gong Show (about 10-12 per show)

There! I've run rings around you logically!
[snapback]83503[/snapback]
[/quote]
It was more like 5-7 per show, but you are correct.

I would've mentioned GONG, but many don't consider GONG a pure game show.   We'd then also have to throw AI and AMERICA'S MOST TALENTED KIDS into the mix as well (but not STAR SEARCH, because only two or three contestants actually competed against one another in any one competition, whereas in GONG, AI and AMTK everybody competed against everybody else).  (Didn't mean to bypass NASHVILLE STAR and other simliar ilk, but I haven't watched--so I have no idea if the structure is the same.)  But some don't consider those to be game shows (and I didn't want to open up that can o'worms again.)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

supersaver

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 10:23:38 AM »
What about Legends of the Hidden Temple? That's what, six teams of two? And you could vouch for Wild and Crazy Kids as well.

Heck, even What Would You Do? used the entire audience.

A lot of those old Nick shows used an awful lot of kids, for sure, I mean, most of them the average was four kids at a time.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 11:08:33 AM »
EDIT: I really should start drinking coffee in the morning. I did some research and yes, there were six teams starting off every episode of LOTHT. Strangely enough, in all the episodes I had seen, I always thought the show started at the Steps of Knowledge (apparently, I either didn't remember the opening game or tuned it late every time).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:34:31 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jmangin

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 11:15:03 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Apr 27 2005, 11:08 AM\'][quote name=\'supersaver\' date=\'Apr 27 2005, 10:23 AM\']What about Legends of the Hidden Temple? That's what, six teams of two?
[snapback]83518[/snapback]
[/quote]
Four, actually. Eight players total.
[snapback]83521[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, it was six.

Red Jaguars
Blue Barracudas
Green Monkeys
Orange Iquanas
Purple Parrots
Silver Snakes

12 players total.

vtown7

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2005, 12:11:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 11:35 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 08:01 PM\']Love me Love me Not/Mama non Mama had five players(three men and two women or three women and two men)
[/quote]
The know-it-all blows it again. "Mama non Mama" had six players, two of one gender and four of another.
[snapback]83471[/snapback]
[/quote]

Zach: if you're going to make a post, at least seperate the two different shows...

Mr. Lemon is indeed correct in saying that "M'ama non m'ama" had four and two, but Mr. Horan, that show morphed into "Love me love me not", which indeed had two and three (and then one and one for the bonus).

Ryan.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2005, 06:12:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 08:42 PM\']
Russian Roulette, I'm going to take a wild guess, had 6.

No, it had 4.[/quote]

Oh.

Well, that's dumb.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

gwarman2005

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2005, 08:08:18 PM »
Hi folks, new to the board, I just wanted this to be my first response.....

How come no one mentioned Let's Make A Deal?  All those people in costumes.... they didn't get dressed up for nothing.

zachhoran

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 08:40:41 PM »
[quote name=\'gwarman2005\' date=\'Apr 27 2005, 07:08 PM\']Hi folks, new to the board, I just wanted this to be my first response.....

How come no one mentioned Let's Make A Deal?  All those people in costumes.... they didn't get dressed up for nothing.
[snapback]83591[/snapback]
[/quote]

There were 31 people on the trading floor(36 in the 80s All New version), not sure how many on the floor in 2003 NBC primetime version. As many as six could be picked for a given deal.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2005, 09:32:53 PM »
What about "America's Smartest Kid" (or whatever it was called) with Dick Clark? Does that count?

If I wanted to get really silly, I'd suggest the La-Z-Boy High Five Challenge, which is a local show in the Pacific Northwest...

That Don Guy

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 09:43 PM\']G.E. College Bowl - 8
Every Second Counts - 6
Almost Anything Goes - someone should know how many per team
Dirty Rotten Cheater
Runaround
and the beloved Choose Up Sides
[snapback]83464[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think Runaround had 10.
Almost Anything Goes had three teams per show (four in the first season final), and I think it was six per team.

Also, the hour-long version of Wheel of Fortune had six, and W.O.G. (Way Out Games) had 12 or 18 depending on whether there were two teams or three that day (it was usually three, but one of the first round matches and the final only had two).

-- Don

TrplPlayRD

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2005, 01:34:22 AM »
Jackpot! - 16
SexWars - 6
Singled Out - 102
Studs - 5
Trivial Pursuit: the Interactive Game - 9 or 12
Bzzz! - 10
Triple Threat - 6
Boardwalk & Baseball's Superbowl of Sports Trivia - 6 or 8