Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Funny Moments from your own game shows?  (Read 3628 times)

TimK2003

Funny Moments from your own game shows?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 08:34:19 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 03:37 PM\']This is an interesting conversation starter, I think. A lot of us probably play game shows at our homes or offices. I think I heard some games are played at the GSCs too. Any funny moments to share?
[snapback]79598[/snapback]
[/quote]

Both of these events occurred during GSC8:

1)  First 'game' of the GSC -- Joker's Wild.  First JW match.  First JW spin of the "wheels" (which consisted of constantly shuffled cards of category slides & jokers and upon the pulling of the lever, the top 3 card would fill the windows):

joker....Joker.......JOKER!!!

IIRC, the person who hit the Ultimate Triple on the first spin was future J! champion, Eddie Timanus!!!  Needless to say we were playing by the syndicated rules, Eddie missed the question (a rarity for him at GSC8), and the match went on.

2)  The final game of "The Big Showdown".   We were playing the Show Down Dice bonus game.  The last champion in that last bonus game rolled "Show" & "Down" on the very first roll netting $10,000.  

The person who rolled Show & Down had a similar game-show-religious experience at an earlier GSC, in which an actual pair of Big Showdown dice from the '70's show were placed in his hands.  Not sure which GSC/Big Showdown event was bigger for him.  But he was a former J! contestant and a "Whew" retired champion.  His name -- the late, Randy Amasia.

And nowwwww you knowwww........The RRRRRRest.....of the Story!