Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Third TPIR MDS...  (Read 3864 times)

Robair

Third TPIR MDS...
« on: April 15, 2005, 06:01:37 AM »
Glad you asked.

According to a CBS press release issued yesterday, it will be Friday, May 6. at 8PM Eastern time.

More big prizes, more Barker's Beauties, and every winner gets a crack at ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
--Robair

Craig Karlberg

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 06:11:36 AM »
Hmm.  This is intresting.  A Friday showing ey?  Sounds like CBS wants to make sure they get sone good numbers on one of the worse nights for TV viewing outside of Saturdays.  I don't mind TPIR airing on Friday night as long as it's a good episode just like the 4/9 show last week or the one hopefully comming this Saturday.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 02:47:35 PM »
If this doesn't reek of Mo' Money Syndrome, I don't know what else does.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 03:27:43 PM »
Did I hear Robair right?  Every winner gets a million dollars of crack? That doesn't sound right...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

itiparanoid13

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 03:34:31 PM »
They are apparently really wanting someone to win the million.  What's the point of the Showdown then?  I hope I'm not understanding this correctly.

Mike Tennant

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 04:07:44 PM »
Perhaps it's just hype.  As it stands right now, every winner gets a crack at the million . . . provided he spins $1 on the wheel or wins the Showcase.  Maybe CBS just wants to make it sound bigger than it is.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 10:25:31 PM »
Every 'winner' has always gotten a chance at one million dollars; I think this is  a case of the press release saying more than they mean it to.  Or in this case, the press release saying exactly what they want it to.

If it were up to me, there wouldn't be a final spin for the money, you either get it in the SCSD, or nothing at all.  Let the showcase winner have their moment in the sun.
Travis L. Eberle

CarShark

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 11:00:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 09:27 PM\']If it were up to me, there wouldn't be a final spin for the money, you either get it in the SCSD, or nothing at all.  Let the showcase winner have their moment in the sun.
[snapback]82063[/snapback]
[/quote]
But these are $1,000,000 Spectaculars! I would think that people would watch mainly to see if someone will win the million. Since The Big Wheel is so unpredictable, I like the fact that I will see at least one big spin. Otherwise, it'd kind of feel like a waste.

I would love for someone to win the million soon, that way they can stop the gimmick and call them Primetime Specials like in the 80's.

Gromit

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 05:33:56 AM »
They could get a hell of a lot more spins of the wheel in, if they just got rid of those annoying "pricing games" that take up so much time.

Just keep calling names out of the audience, then have them come up directly on stage and spin the wheel.

Johnissoevil

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 06:22:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 16 2005, 05:33 AM\']They could get a hell of a lot more spins of the wheel in, if they just got rid of those annoying "pricing games" that take up so much time.

Just keep calling names out of the audience, then have them come up directly on stage and spin the wheel.
[snapback]82090[/snapback]
[/quote]

Pricing games are part of TPIR.  Sorry.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Robert Hutchinson

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 02:16:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' date=\'Apr 16 2005, 05:22 AM\'][quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 16 2005, 05:33 AM\']They could get a hell of a lot more spins of the wheel in, if they just got rid of those annoying "pricing games" that take up so much time.

Just keep calling names out of the audience, then have them come up directly on stage and spin the wheel.[/quote]

Pricing games are part of TPIR.  Sorry.
[/quote]

WHOOOOOSH.

(Mind your head--those handles on the wheel come around fast.)

(It's "Showcase! The All New Price Is Right!") (sic)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

cmjb13

Third TPIR MDS...
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 09:11:32 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 11:00 PM\']I would love for someone to win the million soon, that way they can stop the gimmick and call them Primetime Specials like in the 80's.
[snapback]82066[/snapback]
[/quote]
If/when someone wins the million, it won't necessarily mean the end of the $1M gimmick.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 09:11:46 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS