Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmys  (Read 10209 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Daytime Emmys
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 06:16:07 PM »
[quote name=\'BigJon06\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 04:08 AM\']I believe its a skill, you can simply zoom out and plus a great cameraman should be able to "predict" the subjects movement and be ready to make the appropriate zooms if neccessary
[/quote]
Y'ever push a camera before, Jon?

Until you have, sit the hell down.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 10:48:36 AM »
I did some camera work on a studio talk show and believe me, as a cameraman I never did anything without the director telling me to do it.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 16 2005, 09:48 AM\']I did some camera work on a studio talk show and believe me, as a cameraman I never did anything without the director telling me to do it.
[snapback]82111[/snapback]
[/quote]

Even more difficult, our news studio doesn't have camera operators, period. It's all robotics. Look up "Parkervision" for more.

Sure hate to see THAT on a game show, though I think we were close with "Whammy".
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

wxfrcaster

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 02:39:17 PM »
Thankfully, we still have live bodies pushing cameras in our shop.  We just need to pay them more than $8.50 an hour so they actually care what the shot looks like.  Hard to be a motivated employee on a 5 AM morning show when you don't get paid squat.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Daytime Emmys
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 03:02:57 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 14 2005, 05:34 PM\']I shudder to think what it would have been like if Bart had to direct the pilots of MG or FF in the '70s.
[/quote]
There wouldn't have been a game board.  Just some chyroned graphics.

From what little Price I've watched in the last 2-3 years...I must say, from what I've seen--is garbage.  What's with that camera angle on the wheel, anyhow?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BigJon06

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 06:34:29 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 05:16 PM\'][quote name=\'BigJon06\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 04:08 AM\']I believe its a skill, you can simply zoom out and plus a great cameraman should be able to "predict" the subjects movement and be ready to make the appropriate zooms if neccessary
[/quote]
Y'ever push a camera before, Jon?

Until you have, sit the hell down.
[snapback]82054[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually I have, so i'll stand the hell up. Thank you

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Daytime Emmys
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »
I'm going to guess that maneuvering a camera is not as easy as "Big" Jon makes it sound.  And it's pure folly to suggest that someone could predict anything, even with a show like TPIR.  Too many things can go differently than planned-just think about trying to catch up with a big winner who does a lap around the stage, for one.
Travis L. Eberle

BigJon06

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 01:37:11 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Apr 18 2005, 12:30 PM\']I'm going to guess that maneuvering a camera is not as easy as "Big" Jon makes it sound.  And it's pure folly to suggest that someone could predict anything, even with a show like TPIR.  Too many things can go differently than planned-just think about trying to catch up with a big winner who does a lap around the stage, for one.
[snapback]82338[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh yeah, i never said it was easy.  I know, i personally just think on a show that caliber, some things you'd just expect.  I mean things were done on the show like that on the past but some things seem to have vanished.  I sure miss the plinko sign.

cmjb13

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 01:43:07 PM »
[quote name=\'BigJon06\' date=\'Apr 18 2005, 01:37 PM\']I sure miss the plinko sign.
[snapback]82342[/snapback]
[/quote]
They haven't thown it out, yet...
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BigJon06

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 01:48:55 PM »
Im sure they wont.  Discard the most popular pricing game's intro prop after all these years?  If they do, we might have to go way back to the original intro thing with the "jewelry prop" coming down from the ceiling.

cmjb13

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 02:07:14 PM »
[quote name=\'BigJon06\' date=\'Apr 18 2005, 01:48 PM\']Im sure they wont.  Discard the most popular pricing game's intro prop after all these years?  If they do, we might have to go way back to the original intro thing with the "jewelry prop" coming down from the ceiling.
[snapback]82344[/snapback]
[/quote]
Johnny's podium was almost thrown out. Granted it was pretty much gutted...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:07:45 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BigJon06

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 02:12:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 18 2005, 01:07 PM\'][quote name=\'BigJon06\' date=\'Apr 18 2005, 01:48 PM\']Im sure they wont.  Discard the most popular pricing game's intro prop after all these years?  If they do, we might have to go way back to the original intro thing with the "jewelry prop" coming down from the ceiling.
[snapback]82344[/snapback]
[/quote]
Johnny's podium was almost thrown out. Granted it was pretty much gutted...
[snapback]82348[/snapback]
[/quote]

Rich's podium is pretty decked out, was that an LCD screen he has now at the top of his podium?

cmjb13

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 02:29:13 PM »
[quote name=\'BigJon06\' date=\'Apr 18 2005, 02:12 PM\']Rich's podium is pretty decked out, was that an LCD screen he has now at the top of his podium?
[snapback]82350[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, but I prefer the monitor buried inside like the old one was.

I prefer this newer slimmer podium than the bulky one they had built about a year ago. (Search the forum here. I believe the pics are still valid)

jmangin

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 02:45:40 PM »
The issue is not the camera work, it's the director.  Other directors had no problem getting a contestant reaction for Plinko, but all of a sudden now Bart thinks there is an issue?

He's just trying to put his own "pizzaz" into the program and show that he's not a carbon copy of his predecessors, however in this case it has backfired.  

It's just like coming into a new job where a stellar team is already present.  There's not much you can do to make it better, yet you feel that you need to suggest something to show that you have ideas and aren't just a sheep.  That's what Bart is trying to do; he's just not doing it well.

BigJon06

Daytime Emmys
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 02:48:22 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Apr 18 2005, 01:45 PM\']The issue is not the camera work, it's the director.  Other directors had no problem getting a contestant reaction for Plinko, but all of a sudden now Bart thinks there is an issue?

He's just trying to put his own "pizzaz" into the program and show that he's not a carbon copy of his predecessors, however in this case it has backfired. 

It's just like coming into a new job where a stellar team is already present.  There's not much you can do to make it better, yet you feel that you need to suggest something to show that you have ideas and aren't just a sheep.  That's what Bart is trying to do; he's just not doing it well.
[snapback]82354[/snapback]
[/quote]

I feel ya on that, like i said, i know its been done before so it'd be nice to see it again.  Maybe one day it will return, just like Penny Ante ;)