Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck mentioned on P+ this morning  (Read 4104 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Chuck mentioned on P+ this morning
« on: April 22, 2005, 12:23:10 PM »
I was watching Password Plus this morning, and when Tom was talking to the celbrities at the top of the show, he mentioned that he had just watched Chuck Woolery finish his final show- Did password plus and wheel tape at the same studio?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 12:28:33 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 12:23 PM\']I was watching Password Plus this morning, and when Tom was talking to the celbrities at the top of the show, he mentioned that he had just watched Chuck Woolery finish his final show- Did password plus and wheel tape at the same studio?
[snapback]82864[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can't imagine how that would have been possible - Chuck's final WoF was in December, 1981 - P+ is currently in late December 1980/early January 1981.

FeudDude

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 01:47:22 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 12:28 PM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 12:23 PM\']I was watching Password Plus this morning, and when Tom was talking to the celbrities at the top of the show, he mentioned that he had just watched Chuck Woolery finish his final show- Did password plus and wheel tape at the same studio?
[/quote]

I can't imagine how that would have been possible - Chuck's final WoF was in December, 1981 - P+ is currently in late December 1980/early January 1981.
[snapback]82865[/snapback]
[/quote]

Final show of the week/taping day, perhaps?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 01:57:26 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 11:28 AM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 12:23 PM\']I was watching Password Plus this morning, and when Tom was talking to the celbrities at the top of the show, he mentioned that he had just watched Chuck Woolery finish his final show- Did password plus and wheel tape at the same studio?
[/quote]

[snapback]82865[/snapback]
[/quote]
1/2/81, to be exact (yesterday's ep was 12/31/80 and the Rose Parade pre-empted P+ on 1/1/81).

Both WoF and P+ rotated around the NBC lot (as did the other two Burbank-based games of the time--CS and BLOCKBUSTERS), but I'm pretty sure that it would be a physical impossibly for the same studio to house two different game show tapings in one day (not to even mention the one-year discrepancy between events).  Kennedy must've been referring to something else (I'll look at it later when I view my videotape).

Doug
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 12:24:01 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 12:25:55 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 12:57 PM\']Kennedy must've been referring to something else (I'll look at it later when I view my videotape).
[snapback]82870[/snapback]
[/quote]
Replying to myself (sort of)--how gauche.  :)

Now that I've seen it--in no way does Kennedy make reference to Woolery's "final show."  Following Susan Richardson's compliment of Kennedy's suit, he said, "It's just a little thing that Chuck Woolery couldn't use anymore, so I just yanked it off of him, came over here and said, 'Let's do it.'"   While I see where Rollercoaster87 could make the inference that Kennedy was referring to Woolery's last WoF, he wasn't.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 01:13:38 AM »
Sorry about that. My VCR wasn't working,and I couldn't go back to make sure I heard it right, seeing as how i don't have a tivo, either. Anyways, thanks for verifying that statement. I wasn't exactly sure, so I wanted to see if anybody else caught it.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.