Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vision of 'TPIR' future'  (Read 4142 times)

The Pyramids

Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:41:03 PM »
There was a lot to like on last nights '1,000,000 Spectacular.'

I liked when Bob came back from the break in the second half. He said he had been discussing the clips with the audience. He then refleceted on the mutli-generations that have watched the show for the past 33 years, and thanked us viewers for our support.
I got the distinct impression that Bob's remaks on his last show will be similar.

How do you think that will happen? Mu guess is that the show will run long. If not either way I imagine there will be a last showcase winner and he and she will get their moment in the sun as usual.

After that there would be a commercial break. Bob would come back for his closing remarks, and give his usual sign off. The audience will stand throughout the credits, and the crew will join Bob, Rich & the ladies on stage to wave goodbye, similar to a season opener but defintely not as happy an occasion.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 02:45:29 PM by PaulD »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 02:48:56 PM »
A "vision?  This has to be some of the most mindless ramblings I've on the board.  Sorry, they make little to no sense, IMO, and appear to have no foundation behind them.

Just my 2¢.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 03:12:57 PM »
Karlbergian in their assininity.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 07:55:58 PM »
If the final Barker-hosted TPIR runs long (assuming there even is an official final episode), I'll eat the hat collections of Wink Martindale and Alex Trebek combined. Non-game material is what Double Prices, One Right Price, and Pick-A-Number were made for.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

jmangin

Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 10:21:27 PM »
Bob appears to be a classy guy, and I imagine his closing remarks will be something short but very fitting.

Desperado

Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 11:08:03 PM »
I suspect there will be no official final episode.  Bob will have some sort of medical incident (like Dick Clark) that will prevent him from coming back full-time, and that'll be that.

OK, now back to calling me a fool.

Steve Gavazzi

Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 11:21:49 PM »
How about a fool and a killjoy?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Vision of 'TPIR' future'
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 11:39:23 PM »
While I agree there could have been a little more tact involved, I have to say, based on the evidence that is demonstrating Barker has no intention of going quietly into that good night, Desperado's version of the future seems a little more likely.

Mind you, I hope I'm wrong.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe