Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buncha game show tickets on Ebay  (Read 3210 times)

Matt Ottinger

Buncha game show tickets on Ebay
« on: March 21, 2005, 01:42:06 PM »
Somebody's cleaning house, and there are some tickets here that some of you might be interested in.  They're not auctions, they're being sold through the "Buy It Now" feature.  Most of the game shows are six bucks.  Other, theoretically more popular shows like The Tonight Show are fifteen.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmissrfrank
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:21:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 21 2005, 01:42 PM\']Somebody's cleaning house, and there are some tickets here that some of you might be interested in.  They're not auctions, they're being sold through the "Buy It Now" feature.  Most of the game shows are six bucks.  Other, theoretically more popular shows like The Tonight Show are fifteen.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmissrfrank
[snapback]78902[/snapback]
[/quote]

Found the extra instructions on the "LMAD" ticket interesting--since the same audience saw two shows (which I had heard was the maximum Monty would agree to tape in one day), they picked both Trading Floors in one session.  Obviously, both groups got the S&P and producer's briefing and signed the release forms together, but I'm curious if the second group was sequestered out of the studio to make sure they didn't come in contact with Monty/Jay/Carol or other staffers or if they were seated in a cordoned-off area of the audience with S&P guarding.  Of course, the switching was done between shows while audience members headed for the restrooms and Ivan and the boys played a few songs for the crowd.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 10:39:57 PM »
I remember that in the 80's version, you could see costumed audience members sitting in the general audience area, behind the trading floor. I'd always assumed that they would be rotated with the trading floor people in between tapings. Did it work the same way for the 70's version?

--
Scott Robinson

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 12:59:54 AM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Mar 21 2005, 11:39 PM\']I remember that in the 80's version, you could see costumed audience members sitting in the general audience area, behind the trading floor. I'd always assumed that they would be rotated with the trading floor people in between tapings. [/quote]
Now see, I had a completely different take on it when I'd see that as a kid.  My assumption was that those people, "dressed as they are", just weren't picked to be on the show.  Your way makes much more sense.  Who's going to leave their costume on just to sit in the audience?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

whammy5000

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 01:20:03 AM »
Buying old TV tickets on eBay can be pretty rewarding in the long run.  I once bought a Truth or Consequences ticket from Jan. 20, 1959 for 5 bucks and when I went to see TPiR in person last summer, I took it with me and got Bob Barker to sign it!  It's in a frame on my wall right now, right next to Gene Wood's autograph. [ego]Yeah, I've got Gene Wood's autograph too.[/ego] LOL Anyways, if you buy one, you might, just by some crazy chance, get it signed by the host of the show.

dizzy

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 11:37:02 AM »
[quote name=\'whammy5000\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 01:20 AM\'] Anyways, if you buy one, you might, just by some crazy chance, get it signed by the host of the show.
[snapback]79011[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well get it signed SOON! Not many good hosts are left. The ones who are still here have very limited time.

Dizzy

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 12:23:17 AM »
[quote name=\'dizzy\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 11:37 AM\']Well get it signed SOON! Not many good hosts are left. The ones who are still here have very limited time.
[/quote]
And why is that?  Do you plan to pull the plug on them yourself?
--Mark
Phil 4:13