Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Home version question  (Read 1805 times)

kurtinrod62

Home version question
« on: March 16, 2005, 10:45:31 AM »
I've looked at Matt Ottinger's Home Game Home Page, and noticed that, among the contents of the home board game version of the original "Match Game" were a set of red, white, and blue chips. How were they used?

DjohnsonCB

Home version question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 12:12:29 PM »
[quote name=\'kurtinrod62\' date=\'Mar 16 2005, 10:45 AM\']I've looked at Matt Ottinger's Home Game Home Page, and noticed that, among the contents of the home board game version of the original "Match Game" were a set of red, white, and blue chips. How were they used?
[snapback]78369[/snapback]
[/quote]

The chips were used when three to five people played.  If you had six or seven people, you could play it just like on NBC with the plastic scoreboard and the red and blue pegs (with seven there was an MC; with six, one player doubled as the MC).  But the chips appeared to make more sense in scoring with fewer players, so many points for one or two matches.  Each color was worth different point values.  

One oddity in the rules is that in the two later home editions (five and six, which come in smaller boxes instead of the incredibly space-wasting, big, long boxes used for the first four), they mention red, white, blue and YELLOW chips, when I've only seen three colors (no yellow) included with every MG home game I've seen, IIRC.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Bob Zager

Home version question
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 07:19:54 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Mar 16 2005, 12:12 PM\']

One oddity in the rules is that in the two later home editions (five and six, which come in smaller boxes instead of the incredibly space-wasting, big, long boxes used for the first four), they mention red, white, blue and YELLOW chips, when I've only seen three colors (no yellow) included with every MG home game I've seen, IIRC.
[snapback]78381[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was probably a printing error, but there were red, white, blue and yellow chips in the "Collector's" and "Fine" editions of MG.  Both versions used scoring dials, in increments of 0 to 100 points, in 25 point denominations (just like the TV show), instead of a peg type scoring indicator going in increments of 0 to 100, in 10 point denominations.

BTW, the two versions I'm talking about look identical in contents, just the packaging is different.  Go to Matt's home game home page to see the difference in the packages.