Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An interesting find, and a request for help  (Read 2119 times)

LA the DJ

An interesting find, and a request for help
« on: March 14, 2005, 10:07:07 PM »
A couple of months ago I came across what I assume is a rarity, I've held on to it awhile, trying to figure out what to do with it, but I figured, why not release it to the world. If it's a common clip, let me know, and none of this will matter...

What I have is an old commercial for Lionel Trains in B&W featuring Jack Barry and Joe DiMaggio. I found it on a file sharing service on a wild wild guess, and it took like 2 months for the one person (I assume) who was on the service to upload the whole thing. Anyhow, I've decided to share it with the world if any of the gentlemen who have video sites here (or any site for that matter) wish to contact me about hosting this clip. Let me know, and hopefully you'll all get to see the clip.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

JamesVipond

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 10:00:48 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Mar 14 2005, 10:07 PM\']What I have is an old commercial for Lionel Trains in B&W featuring Jack Barry and Joe DiMaggio. I found it on a file sharing service on a wild wild guess, and it took like 2 months for the one person (I assume) who was on the service to upload the whole thing. Anyhow, I've decided to share it with the world if any of the gentlemen who have video sites here (or any site for that matter) wish to contact me about hosting this clip. Let me know, and hopefully you'll all get to see the clip.
[snapback]78201[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ryan, I have plenty of space on my MidcoNet Web site. I'll gladly take the video file if no one else wants it.
"He has big eyes ... and they're BLUE!"

-- a boy describing Bill Cullen on Child's Play

tomobrien

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 10:09:28 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Mar 14 2005, 09:07 PM\']A couple of months ago I came across what I assume is a rarity...
[snapback]78201[/snapback]
[/quote]
While it's interesting, it's not all that rare.  It has shown up on various compilations of 50s TV commercials on VHS (and probably on DVD by now as well).