Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD 2003  (Read 7118 times)

cmjb13

LMAD 2003
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 01:41:22 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 01:34 PM\']IMO, LMAD looked TOO DARN FAKE!!!! This version was horrible.  Who were the directors, producers, and executive producer of this show.  I mean horrible.  DED looked better and more real than this.
[snapback]77471[/snapback]
[/quote]
Issues with IMDB aside, they state the director was Morris Abraham.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

14gameshows

LMAD 2003
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 01:53:58 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 01:41 PM\'][quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 01:34 PM\']IMO, LMAD looked TOO DARN FAKE!!!! This version was horrible.  Who were the directors, producers, and executive producer of this show.  I mean horrible.  DED looked better and more real than this.
[/quote]
Issues with IMDB aside, they state the director was Morris Abraham.
[snapback]77472[/snapback]
[/quote]

What work did Mr. Abraham do previously?  It's crap like this that makes me think that someone who either love the genre or currently or previously worked on a wonderful game show with excellent skills should be hired to do the job.

bwood

LMAD 2003
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 02:20:40 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 10:26 PM\']Thankfully Trato Hecho is erasing some of those bad memories.
[snapback]77411[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd have to agree 100%. I've been watching the show when I can and it is pretty good. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and I know enough to get by, but you really don't need to know Spanish to know what's going on. I wish there was a way to have alternate audio in English like we can have alternate audio in Spanish, it would make the show even better than it is to watch.

tvrandywest

LMAD 2003
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 02:29:50 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 10:53 AM\']What work did Mr. Abraham do previously?  It's crap like this that makes me think that someone who either love the genre or currently or previously worked on a wonderful game show with excellent skills should be hired to do the job.
[snapback]77475[/snapback]
[/quote]
I worked with Morris Abraham on "Hour Magazine" circa 1990. He's been employed steadily and has done some good work. There are MANY other factors that contributed to that show's problems.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

14gameshows

LMAD 2003
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 02:40:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 02:29 PM\'][quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 10:53 AM\']What work did Mr. Abraham do previously?  It's crap like this that makes me think that someone who either love the genre or currently or previously worked on a wonderful game show with excellent skills should be hired to do the job.
[snapback]77475[/snapback]
[/quote]
I worked with Morris Abraham on "Hour Magazine" circa 1990. He's been employed steadily and has done some good work. There are MANY other factors that contributed to that show's problems.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]77482[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well maybe I oughta take back what I said cuz it was rude and I didn't know the man personally but Randy You are right, there were other factors that lead to the problems of this show.  I still think that if you are bringing back a game show then hire someone or people who were/are in the business of making it work and let the audience decide if it should stay or go.  My apologizes towards Mr. Abraham for making him the sole reason why LMAD sucked.  ON THE FLIP SIDE OF it, look at Harry Friedman's work on CBS's Early Show.  Worked in Game shows for over a quarter of a century and went into the news business...but that show is just shot all to pieces if you ask me.  ABC's GMA is (IMO) the most laid back morning newscast I've ever seen.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
LMAD 2003
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 12:40 PM\']Well maybe I oughta take back what I said cuz it was rude and I didn't know the man personally
[/quote]
What you should do is stop and reread what you are about to post before posting it, to make sure you really have the authority to be saying it. 'Cuz from what I'm seeing, you don't.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

14gameshows

LMAD 2003
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2005, 03:15:34 PM »
sometimes you post things and then you reread them or allow someone else's knowledge to fill you in on something you know nothing about and you take back the words that you said.  It's human nature, we say things and then something can make you eat those words and you regret saying them in the first place.  Kinda like PJTBP or if you are in person Talking just to hear yourself talk.  sheesh. I didn't intend to offend anyone.  I took back the words. gosh!

dzinkin

LMAD 2003
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 03:18:51 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 02:40 PM\']ON THE FLIP SIDE OF it, look at Harry Friedman's work on CBS's Early Show.  Worked in Game shows for over a quarter of a century and went into the news business...but that show is just shot all to pieces if you ask me.
[snapback]77486[/snapback]
[/quote]
Er... STEVE Friedman worked on The Early Show for CBS (and wrote the book Station Break, a signed copy of which is on my shelf).  HARRY Friedman is the one who works in game shows.

14gameshows

LMAD 2003
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 03:26:37 PM »
Ok, on my day off, it might not be my day to post anything around here, but thanks dzinkin for clearing me up.  But by any chance are they related?  Did Steve Friedman work for the other networks at one point in time?

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
LMAD 2003
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 03:30:07 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 01:34 PM\']IMO, LMAD looked TOO DARN FAKE!!!! This version was horrible.  Who were the directors, producers, and executive producer of this show.  I mean horrible.  DED looked better and more real than this.
[/quote]
From the PR news at the www.letsmakeadeal.com site:

The Executive Producers for the LMAD '03 revival are...
Sharon Hall
Monty Hall

Also...
Jay Renfroe
David Garfinkle
(Those two I never seen elsewhere in game show credits.)

Packager:
Monty Hall Enterprises and Renegade 83

From remembering the credits, I might've seen a FremantleMedia North America staff member working on the show, notably Jeff Mirkin (who also did Greed).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 03:32:09 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

dzinkin

LMAD 2003
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 03:30:10 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 03:26 PM\']Ok, on my day off, it might not be my day to post anything around here, but thanks dzinkin for clearing me up.  But by any chance are they related?  Did Steve Friedman work for the other networks at one point in time?
[snapback]77501[/snapback]
[/quote]
Related?  I doubt it.  But yes, Steve Friedman worked for NBC for a long time -- most notably as producer of the Today show.

tvrandywest

LMAD 2003
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 04:10:44 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 12:26 PM\']... But by any chance are they related?
[snapback]77501[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think Betty White and Barry White are cousins.
Is Vivica A Fox?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

LMAD 2003
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 04:18:53 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 03:30 PM\'][quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 01:34 PM\']IMO, LMAD looked TOO DARN FAKE!!!! This version was horrible.  Who were the directors, producers, and executive producer of this show.  I mean horrible.  DED looked better and more real than this.
[/quote]
From the PR news at the www.letsmakeadeal.com site:

The Executive Producers for the LMAD '03 revival are...
Sharon Hall
Monty Hall

Also...
Jay Renfroe
David Garfinkle
(Those two I never seen elsewhere in game show credits.)
[snapback]77503[/snapback]
[/quote]

They're the guys behind "Blind Date."  Renegade 83's their production company.

As for what went wrong, I'd rather just hope that someone with a closer connection to the show post here one of these days.  I assume that they would have some gruesome stories to tell.

ChuckNet

LMAD 2003
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2005, 05:37:18 PM »
Great market research, NBC. Three shows and out because of your genius. LMAD otherwise might likely have had a better run with Al Roker, who really wanted to do the show in the first place. Too many punks are wearing the suits in the front offices these days. That's your big problem. You notice the effects of this on way too many programs--most of the principles have to have some kind of a 'tude.

And it didn't help that NBC, having learned nothing from their Richard Pryor Show debacle some 25+ yrs earlier, pulled LMaD from its originally planned Sat-at-10 (EST) slot and instead scheduled it for Tue at. 8, opposite the red-hot American Idol, just back for its 2nd series after a 6-month hiatus.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

tvwxman

LMAD 2003
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2005, 06:43:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 04:10 PM\']
Is Vivica A Fox?
[/quote]

She sure is! :)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"