Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WBSM marathon, Sunday 2/27  (Read 3738 times)

melman1

WBSM marathon, Sunday 2/27
« on: February 28, 2005, 01:09:38 PM »
I assume that the marathon from 9PM to midnight was programmed as an alternative to the Oscars.  The was the case in the Eastern time zone.

But on the Pacific feed, it didn't start (9PM Pacific) until the Oscars were over.  They could have put WBSM on the Pacific feed starting at 6, but they didn't.

Nice going, GSN.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

sshuffield70

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 03:55:01 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Feb 28 2005, 12:09 PM\']I assume that the marathon from 9PM to midnight was programmed as an alternative to the Oscars.  The was the case in the Eastern time zone.

But on the Pacific feed, it didn't start (9PM Pacific) until the Oscars were over.  They could have put WBSM on the Pacific feed starting at 6, but they didn't.

Nice going, GSN.
[snapback]76484[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dumb question alert....

Weren't the Oscars tape delayed for the West Coast?  Normally, award shows are tape delayed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 03:55:16 PM by sshuffield70 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 04:05:10 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Feb 28 2005, 01:55 PM\']Dumb question alert....

Weren't the Oscars tape delayed for the West Coast?  Normally, award shows are tape delayed.
[/quote]
Yes. The Oscars are about the only exception to that rule. Prolly for a couple reasons....one, there are bigwig Oscar parties all around the country, and it would be stupid to do that for a taped show, and two, the show originates on this coast (whereas many of the other ones are out of New York), so it would be REALLY dumb to tape delay it for those of us in the same time zone as the show.

And I'm sure the REAL reason has nothing to do with my suppositions above, but yeah, the Oscars are about the only award show seen across the country as they happen. Which I find refreshing, considering how much of an East Coast bias there is towards TV broadcasting usually.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe