Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: April schedule change alert  (Read 23475 times)

Ian Wallis

April schedule change alert
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2005, 11:18:30 AM »
Absolutely Fabulous! A full set of Rafferty CS by Thanksgiving! I still believe he's one underrated host.

That's assuming they keep that schedule for a while.  Seems like the changes are occuring a lot more frequently than they used to in the network's early years.

I lost GSN from my C-band satellite dish about a year ago...I'm almost considering getting a digital cable box to get it back again...if they keep making moves like this!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Robair

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2005, 06:26:15 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Feb 24 2005, 03:19 AM\']Absolutely Fabulous! A full set of Rafferty CS by Thanksgiving! I still believe he's one underrated host.

As to SP, I'm kind of praying for a restart from the top if not for any other reason than this: a certain Susanna Williams in two early episodes - if I'm correct, that should be within the first week. Missed it the last time out. My PVR will be ready.
[snapback]76016[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wait, wait....weren't they still in their El Capitan Theater usherette outfits those first days? You must be referring to the gold and silver lame gowns they wore a month into the run when they started giving away cars. Now that was hot.
--Robair

Red

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2005, 09:34:05 PM »
This is great news. But considering my luck, by Summer starts which is when I can start watching it full time, it will be horrible again.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

DrJWJustice

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2005, 02:22:17 AM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Feb 24 2005, 12:46 AM\']
I have to ask...where on his site does Beverly say this?

[/quote]

I take anything The Perfessor says with some skepticism.  Still, this time, I hope he's right.  Even then, I probably won't be able to see it.  There's been nothing but black where GSN is supposed to be on our local cable line-up.

passwordplus

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2005, 03:56:18 PM »
Sounds like it's time to get the cable back or go buy a directv.....

Never seen the Rafferty CS, was he as good as Bob E.?

And I really thought Password was toast, WOW!!!!

I think GSN may have finally to listened to it's true game show fans.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 03:57:20 PM by passwordplus »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2005, 04:06:51 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 03:56 PM\']I think GSN may have finally to listened to it's true game show fans.
[/quote]
Yeah, because all 200 of us make a huge difference.

More than likely, they saw poor ratings; and dwindling advertising dollars.  Like it or not; we are not who they listen to for programming decisions.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2005, 04:13:39 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 01:56 PM\']Never seen the Rafferty CS, was he as good as Bob E.?
[/quote]
Since I've had bodily excretions that could have hosted CS better than Bob Eubanks, that wouldn't be terribly difficult.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2005, 04:29:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 03:13 PM\']Since I've had bodily excretions that could have hosted CS
[/quote]

So THAT explains the 2001 version...you had the #6 again, didn't you? :)

FeudDude

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2005, 04:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 04:06 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 03:56 PM\']I think GSN may have finally to listened to it's true game show fans.
[/quote]
Yeah, because all 200 of us make a huge difference.

More than likely, they saw poor ratings; and dwindling advertising dollars.  Like it or not; we are not who they listen to for programming decisions.
[snapback]76401[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't think this new schedule is going to make a considerable difference in the daytime ratings one way or another.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 04:37:03 PM by FeudDude »

CarShark

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2005, 06:59:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 04:13 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 01:56 PM\']Never seen the Rafferty CS, was he as good as Bob E.?
[/quote]
Since I've had bodily excretions that could have hosted CS better than Bob Eubanks, that wouldn't be terribly difficult.
[snapback]76403[/snapback]
[/quote]
He was just so interested in making it into Newlywed Game. Always talking, and every so often...oops, he would remember that there was a game. Gosh, it draaaaaaaagged on.

I don't feel much one way or another about this change, not just because I won't see it for the most part, but because there is so little that's remarkable. Password Plus and Super Password again? They tried them at 7 pm, then they tried it in the morning. Neither time worked. Why should it work now, especially when they're split up? Match, Feud, TTTT and Blockbusters have all seen morning daily duty recently, so the only good thing that I see is Rafferty's Sharks. I really hope it's Rafferty's Sharks, else the whole thing's pretty much a wash for me.

xibit777

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2005, 07:32:09 PM »
I've had the station for 1 and a half years and I haven't seen any of these shows on a weekday daily basis in the mornings except Feud and MG.  And 3 of these shows I've never seen period.   So I think they might be trying to reach new viewers.  GSN has gotten into a lot more houses over the last couple of years.  All of them who have just gotten the channel in a couple years have never seen these shows like TTTT, Password, and Super Password.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 07:32:46 PM by xibit777 »

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2005, 07:39:30 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 05:59 PM\'] They tried them at 7 pm
[/quote]

Reason that the two shows got replaced there:  Timeslots where there are people actually watching the network, plus two new acquisitions that they REALLY wanted people to see (In their case, it was Win Lose or Draw and Marshall HS) = Time Slots Went Bye-Bye.  

then they tried it in the morning.
Reason that the two shows got replaced there: The morning schedules in Late 2002 / early 2003 were basically just an attempt to get some of the vault product onto the schedule...P+ and SP just happened to get rotated out for Tattletales and TTTT '90, which got surplanted by Blockbusters and Trivia Trap...and so on.

The Passwords have just been repeated victims of GSN's programming whims

cmjb13

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2005, 07:51:55 PM »
They also had P+ on Saturday afternoons for quite some time.

IIRC, they started from the beginning of the run and it got pulled right before the Kennedy eps.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 07:52:10 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2005, 08:09:57 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 06:59 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 04:13 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 01:56 PM\']Never seen the Rafferty CS, was he as good as Bob E.?
[/quote]
[snapback]76403[/snapback]
[/quote]
He was just so interested in making it into Newlywed Game. Always talking, and every so often...oops, he would remember that there was a game. Gosh, it draaaaaaaagged on.
[snapback]76416[/snapback]
[/quote]
That was the big problem with him for me, too. He was trying waaaaaaayyy to hard to reach for a punch line that seldom came. "Quit giggling, Bob, and ask the verdammte survey question!!!". When he was all-business, though, he was darned good. He was sensational on Trivia Trap so it's clear he knows how to keep a game moving. He just took way too many silly pills before a Card Sharks taping. Cheers to him for making the contestants always feel comfortable, however.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2005, 08:57:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 27 2005, 08:09 PM\']Cheers to him for making the contestants always feel comfortable, however.
[/quote]
You're joking, right?
--Mark
Phil 4:13