Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: April schedule change alert  (Read 23476 times)

xibit777

April schedule change alert
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2005, 07:04:39 PM »
No.  The Prof knows exactly what years are going to be shown, and you can bet he would have made a huge deal if FF 94 was leased.  Because Feud wasn't even mentioned in his article  (just in the time slot), it's almost certainly a regular ole Dawson episode that we're used to.

Good enough for me.  Anything is better than that awful Star Search.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 07:05:15 PM by xibit777 »

melman1

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2005, 07:04:44 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 04:22 PM\']I can't think of a time the man's been wrong about a GSN schedule change, at least recently, and I wish people would kinda back off.[/quote]

I just wish GSN would make their own announcements, instead of leaking things through unofficial channels.  It is, and has always been, very tacky.

Schedule changes, special presentations, etc.  never get announced officially by GSN - they just sort of "happen".  For example, Monday's afternoon and evening schedule was all messed up - either for President's Day, the Dream Derby final show, or both.  But there was never any announcement, not even a commercial.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

xibit777

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »
I totally agree on that.  But it looks like the moderator over there has some inside info because she posted that weekend mornings and afternoons were going to stay the same.  And that evenings were going to get a mix-up.

GSN has never been great at all with communication.  Funny when it has its own boards.  You would think they could make a read-only folder where they could announce upcoming things...

roadgeek

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2005, 08:20:48 PM »
I started off as "cautiously hopeful" this morning, but seeing that most of the regulars here aren't a bit skeptical, it looks like there isn't a reason for me to be either.

[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 07:04 PM\']I just wish GSN would make their own announcements, instead of leaking things through unofficial channels.  It is, and has always been, very tacky.

Schedule changes, special presentations, etc.  never get announced officially by GSN - they just sort of "happen".  For example, Monday's afternoon and evening schedule was all messed up - either for President's Day, the Dream Derby final show, or both.  But there was never any announcement, not even a commercial.
[snapback]75962[/snapback]
[/quote]
Never understood this.  All that webspace for games and forums, and hardly a slice for network announcements.

Imagine my surprise, turning on GSN Monday afternoon, only to find some topless woman throwing a football on Dog Eat Dog.  What was that all about, anyway?  (The DED marathon -- not the woman.  Well, that too...)

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2005, 08:54:53 PM »
Overall, in the grand scheme of things, this is a welcome change for me. My main comments on it are such:

1) The only thing that would make this even better is if the Feud and/or one ep of Love Connection was subbed out in place of Press Your Luck (getting it back to a daily schedule, yay!), Tic Tac Dough or Joker's Wild (getting them back on the schedule at all!). But overall, this isn't too bad. I can live with this easy.

2) What would be interesting, in following up a previous post, is if they start Password Plus with where Tom Kennedy started. I would love to see that, because we have NEVER gotten to see the infamous French episode since GSN's early days, and it happens so early in Kennedy's run. This would be a golden shot to get it in and finally let everyone get a crystal copy of it.

3) I am convinced that this schedule change is a matter of fate for me. Follow my lead, if you will...

Back in December of 2003, I was stuck with nothing to do. Having just left my teaching job, I was stuck at home with GSN and job searches online. Also, things were just starting on the addition on my house. Ultimately, one week before GSN announced its new look and schedule we loathed, the construction company took down my Dish Network. So, the moment that the change was announced, Andrea and I jumped and promptly cancelled our Dish subscription.

Flash forward 3 months. When the addition was done and we could move back in, we decided to get IO Digital Cable from Cablevision here in Jersey. No GSN, but Nick GAS wasn't bad then. It was something different.

But now... our year-long deal with Cablevision is up, and so is our monthly bill. So we're talking about possibly getting DirectTV like my folks have... and guess what happens over at GSN...

What do you think? A bad schedule change in timing with my DN getting taken down... think this good change in the midst of my IO bill increase is a sign, too?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 08:56:08 PM by Sonic Whammy »
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

dzinkin

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2005, 10:28:35 PM »
I knew that someday, I would be glad that I upgraded my DirecTiVo's capacity to 214 hours. :-)

BrandonFG

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2005, 10:38:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 08:54 PM\']But now... our year-long deal with Cablevision is up, and so is our monthly bill. So we're talking about possibly getting DirectTV like my folks have... and guess what happens over at GSN...
[snapback]75976[/snapback]
[/quote]

Get DirecTV...if for nothing more than the free DVD player. ;-)

ObGameShow: You Bet Your Life is on DVD.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

xibit777

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2005, 11:16:59 PM »
The Prof has added that there is buzz about a new season of Lingo coming after all.   I guess ADD (and all the failures that keep racking up) left a sour taste of reality in the mouths of GSN executives so they're getting desperate to go back to proven shows.

Very cool if you ask me!

Jay Temple

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2005, 11:51:32 PM »
To quote a certain Pyramid celebrity:

Oh, Cousin, now we are so happy, we do the dance of joy!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

trainman

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2005, 12:30:34 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 07:38 PM\'][quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 08:54 PM\']But now... our year-long deal with Cablevision is up, and so is our monthly bill. So we're talking about possibly getting DirectTV like my folks have... and guess what happens over at GSN...
[snapback]75976[/snapback]
[/quote]

Get DirecTV...if for nothing more than the free DVD player. ;-)
[snapback]75988[/snapback]
[/quote]

Surely the main reason to get DirecTV is the actual TiVo (none of these cable company pretenders to the throne) that can record two things at once, yes?  Well, maybe that's not so useful if you're going to be watching nothing but GSN.

Looking forward to having a season pass for "Super Password" once again.
trainman is a man of trains

GS Warehouse

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2005, 12:38:12 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 10:38 PM\']Get DirecTV...if for nothing more than the free DVD player. ;-)
[snapback]75988[/snapback]
[/quote]I have DirecTV, but I didn't get the free DVD player--don't need it, though, with a DVD-ROM drive on my computer.  I don't get Nick GAS either, but I do have GSN, as well as Boomerang and NBA TV, so I'm good.

ObGS: Boomerang is the exclusive home of The Flintstones, in case you ever want to see Barney Rubble on "The Prize is Priced".

[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 11:16 PM\']The Prof has added that there is buzz about a new season of Lingo coming after all.   I guess ADD (and all the failures that keep racking up) left a sour taste of reality in the mouths of GSN executives so they're getting desperate to go back to proven shows.
[snapback]75998[/snapback]
[/quote]My thoughts exactly.  As someone with Lingo withdrawl, I hope this comes to fruition.

FeudDude

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 12:46:44 AM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 11:16 PM\']The Prof has added that there is buzz about a new season of Lingo coming after all.   I guess ADD (and all the failures that keep racking up) left a sour taste of reality in the mouths of GSN executives so they're getting desperate to go back to proven shows.

Very cool if you ask me!
[snapback]75998[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have to ask...where on his site does Beverly say this?

EDIT: Found it...it's in the "Game Show Grapevine" for anyone else wondering where it was.  Of course, that little blurb isn't nearly enough to get my hopes up.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 12:59:39 AM by FeudDude »

joe_capitano

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2005, 03:19:35 AM »
Absolutely Fabulous! A full set of Rafferty CS by Thanksgiving! I still believe he's one underrated host.

As to SP, I'm kind of praying for a restart from the top if not for any other reason than this: a certain Susanna Williams in two early episodes - if I'm correct, that should be within the first week. Missed it the last time out. My PVR will be ready.

jdhernandez

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2005, 03:34:30 AM »
*prays for PYL on weekdays again.....prays for PYL on weekdays again....*

Aside from that, absolutely fabulous! I'm glad this change comes right around Spring Break, whoohoo! Well....it looks like I have some plans, after all. :-p
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

zachhoran

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2005, 07:56:37 AM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Feb 24 2005, 03:19 AM\']

As to SP, I'm kind of praying for a restart from the top if not for any other reason than this: a certain Susanna Williams in two early episodes - if I'm correct, that should be within the first week. Missed it the last time out. My PVR will be ready.
[snapback]76016[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was the second week of shows, aired 10/1/84-10/5/84 originally, with Abbby Dalton and CN Reilly as the stars.