Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will the next anniversary sign in please?  (Read 4628 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Will the next anniversary sign in please?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 07:17:21 PM »
When I visited NYC in 1977 I took the NBC tour. From NBC I took a cab to JFK for my flight home. I got in the cab and the driver asked me if I had just taken the NBC tour. Why, yes I had, I replied. The cab driver told me that he had once been a stage manager there. He went on to say that his dad was a producer who had done some shows there. I asked who his dad was. Bob Stewart, he replied.

At the time, Shoot for the Stars was taping in CBS studio 50.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 11:51:29 PM »
Thank you, Randy. But my two points of confusion were actually:

1) Not realizing that Bob Stewart had been flung into the topic after the start.

2) Wondering what it was that Zach got "flat-out wrong", since one could certainly ride both the subway and the bus, especially at different points in one's life.

You see? Pointless, like I said.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 12:16:05 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 18 2005, 06:17 PM\']When I visited NYC in 1977 I took the NBC tour. From NBC I took a cab to JFK for my flight home. I got in the cab and the driver asked me if I had just taken the NBC tour. Why, yes I had, I replied. The cab driver told me that he had once been a stage manager there. He went on to say that his dad was a producer who had done some shows there. I asked who his dad was. Bob Stewart, he replied.

At the time, Shoot for the Stars was taping in CBS studio 50.
[snapback]75405[/snapback]
[/quote]
So you're saying he also could've taken a cab to work.  <ducking>  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 02:54:53 AM »
For a minute there, I thought Mark forced Jonathan to get a real job.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 05:33:19 PM »
Denver didn't have TV until 1952.
KOA's experiments at sending TV over 850 AM were a dismal failure.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 09:24:54 AM »
And Denver didn't have TV until 1952. And when they did, they probably got WML? live at 830pm MST.

It probably did.  According to some old TVGuides, many cities in the Mountain time zone actually took the Eastern network feed well into the '60s.  So prime time in those cities actually started at 5:30!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ChuckNet

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 08:36:12 PM »
Are we all clear? Or should we talk about Gene Rayburn and his use of a bicycle in the 1960s to ride to and from 30 Rock when weather permitted?

I recall Gene riding a bike onto the set during his intro on a syndie WML? ep...one wonders if that was the bike he rode into the studio. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

tvrandywest

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 09:44:16 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 05:36 PM\']
Are we all clear? Or should we talk about Gene Rayburn and his use of a bicycle in the 1960s to ride to and from 30 Rock when weather permitted?
I recall Gene riding a bike onto the set during his intro on a syndie WML? ep...one wonders if that was the bike he rode into the studio. :-)
[snapback]75645[/snapback]
[/quote]
Gene actually received memos of reprimand for riding that bike in the halls at 30 Rock. That just motivated him to do more of it!!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 09:44:34 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com