Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anne Robinson on Oprah 2/15  (Read 4903 times)

WhammyPower

Anne Robinson on Oprah 2/15
« on: February 15, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
"The queen of mean" and her daughter are on to talk about their relationship as a family (no, they're not lesbos).

Personally, I like Anne's old look better.

And Emma (the daughter) is glad that Anne's "not a snob."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 05:08:33 PM by WhammyPower »

Brig Bother

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 08:32:58 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 10:04 PM\']"The queen of mean" and her daughter are on to talk about their relationship as a family (no, they're not lesbos).[/quote]

Excellent!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 09:19:35 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 03:04 PM\']"The queen of mean" and her daughter are on to talk about their relationship as a family (no, they're not lesbos).
[/quote]
<Seinfeld>Not that there's anything wrong with that...</Seinfeld>
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brakus

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 08:48:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 09:19 PM\'][quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 03:04 PM\']"The queen of mean" and her daughter are on to talk about their relationship as a family (no, they're not lesbos).
[/quote]
[snapback]75184[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is one of the stupidest lines/catchphrases ever invented, because when you say it, you're implying that there IS something wrong with it.... *sigh*

But I digress. Anne Robinson looked snazzy on Oprah. :)
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

GSWitch

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 09:22:24 PM »
I loved that segment with Anne as well.  Nice seeing her again.

At least they weren't on Jerry Springer (LOL)!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 09:25:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 08:48 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 09:19 PM\'][quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 03:04 PM\']"The queen of mean" and her daughter are on to talk about their relationship as a family (no, they're not lesbos).
[/quote]
[snapback]75184[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is one of the stupidest lines/catchphrases ever invented, because when you say it, you're implying that there IS something wrong with it.... *sigh*
[snapback]75264[/snapback]
[/quote]

No...you're implying that other people think that there's something wrong with it, but that you're smart enough to know better.

vtown7

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:48:01 PM »
Was there anything of particular interest in the segment? I read the post online too late and only caught the part where she was "counselling" from the audience.

Ryan

jmangin

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 12:45:46 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 05:04 PM\'](no, they're not lesbos).
[/quote]

I really don't appreciate comments like this, especially in a public forum.  It's the same thing as using a racial epithet or other vulgar names to refer to the sexes.  

If you feel the need to make a comment like yours (and still, I have no idea why you would feel the need to stress that a mother/daughter relationship is non-sexual), take the high road and use the proper term lesbians.

[quote name=\'ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 01:37 AM\']5. Distasteful Posts
Posts deemed to be offensive, in generally bad taste or inflammatory in nature, will subject the author to disciplinary action. Posting messages which are harrassing, insulting, belittling or derisive to other board member(s), or which incite personal attacks against other board member(s), will be considered grounds for disciplinary action. A pattern of excessive and gratuitous use of foul language shall constitute grounds for disciplinary action.
[/quote]

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 01:01:06 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Feb 17 2005, 12:45 PM\']I really don't appreciate comments like this, especially in a public forum.  It's the same thing as using a racial epithet or other vulgar names to refer to the sexes. 
[/quote]
Considering there have been posts before with some of those "vulgar names" used, and nobody complained, I'm not sure what to say.

Probably means people didn't take it seriously.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

CarbonCpy

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 01:12:27 PM »
I really don't appreciate comments like this, especially in a public forum.  It's the same thing as using a racial epithet or other vulgar names to refer to the sexes. 

If you feel the need to make a comment like yours (and still, I have no idea why you would feel the need to stress that a mother/daughter relationship is non-sexual), take the high road and use the proper term lesbians.

You strike me as a very over-wound and reactionary person.  Have you considered yoga?  Or transcendental meditation?

Because if you were a computer program, ()ObjectKnickers would be defintely returning a TWIST error.  

5. Distasteful Posts
Posts deemed to be offensive, in generally bad taste or inflammatory in nature, will subject the author to disciplinary action. Posting messages which are harrassing, insulting, belittling or derisive to other board member(s), or which incite personal attacks against other board member(s), will be considered grounds for disciplinary action. A pattern of excessive and gratuitous use of foul language shall constitute grounds for disciplinary action.
[snapback]75305[/snapback]

Oh yeah?  Well, I'm getting extremely offended by your offendedness!  What say you that, sir? :mad:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:15:27 PM by CarbonCpy »

MyCapableAssistant

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 01:13:56 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 08:48 PM\']Was there anything of particular interest in the segment? I read the post online too late and only caught the part where she was "counselling" from the audience.

Ryan
[snapback]75276[/snapback]
[/quote]

Me too, only I didn't catch ANY of it.  Oprah does reruns, doesn't she?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Feb 17 2005, 10:45 AM\']I really don't appreciate comments like this, especially in a public forum.  It's the same thing as using a racial epithet or other vulgar names to refer to the sexes. 
[/quote]
Frankly, seeing as the very root of the word "lesbian" is in fact "Lesbos", as in the Isle Of, I think you're being just a smidgen overreactive here.

I do not know what your orientation is, nor is it any of my business, but I have been privleged to know many folks who engage in alternative lifestyles in my life, and the one constant I have noticed is that it takes an awful strong epithet to really offend them.

Just a thought.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 01:31:02 PM »
I've not been one to jump into arguments, but I'll enter my two cents anyway...

I can see how "Lesbos", even though short for "Lesbians", could be taken as deroggatory.

I consider the term "Homo", (short for "Homosexual" of course) to be deroggatory, so I can understand jmangin's point of view.

P.S. Jmangin: Do you have a first name, if you're comfortable giving it? I don't like to refer to people by their screen names...

jmangin

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 01:41:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 17 2005, 01:19 PM\']...Seeing as the very root of the word "lesbian" is in fact "Lesbos", as in the Isle Of...
[snapback]75310[/snapback]
[/quote]
True, however "lesbos" is a common deroagtory term to refer to lesbians.  I'm sure the usage of "lesbos" by WhammyPower wasn't intended as the root of the word "lesbian."

[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 17 2005, 01:19 PM\']Frankly...I think you're being just a smidgen overreactive here.
[snapback]75310[/snapback]
[/quote]
Always remember that something you may not find offiensive may offend someone else.  

Obviously we shouldn't feel the need to walk on eggshells, and I'm not saying you need to ban someone for using the word.  I am however asking you to be aware of and anticipate other people's reactions to what is posted here when it deals with something as sensitive as sexual orientation.

[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 17 2005, 01:31 PM\']P.S. Jmangin: Do you have a first name, if you're comfortable giving it? I don't like to refer to people by their screen names...
[/quote]

My first name is Jacob.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:43:14 PM by jmangin »

aaron sica

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 02:00:09 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Feb 17 2005, 01:41 PM\']
True, however "lesbos" is a common deroagtory term to refer to lesbians.  I'm sure the usage of "lesbos" by WhammyPower wasn't intended as the root of the word "lesbian."

While I definitely understand your point, Jacob, what leads you to believe that WhammyPower was making a deroggatory comment? I didn't see anything in his post that led me to believe that.