Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Fear Factor"--the theme park attraction  (Read 1648 times)

uncamark

"Fear Factor"--the theme park attraction
« on: January 21, 2005, 04:26:40 PM »
It's been a few days since the announcement, but since no one's posted it yet, here's the NBC Universal press release announcing that the game show that most of us don't want to admit is a game show is about to become an attraction at the two Universal theme parks.

One of the articles I saw said that there will be no bug-eating (and, I assume, no horse rectum-eating, either).  Also, I would imagine that for legal reasons they won't be able to do anything as off-the-wall as some of the stunts on the real show, but be there anyone out there stu--I mean foolhar--I mean brave enough to want to get up on stage for what will probably be modest prizes?  I wouldn't want to go on that show for the regular $25,000 prize, so I wouldn't be interested.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 06:50:56 PM »
I wouldn't want to go on that show for the regular $25,000 prize

Somebody may do it meaner, so...the show gives out $50,000. And since somebody will no doubt retort - they do give away $25,000 when nobody completes a particular stunt, thus the jackpot gets cut in half.

Personally, the idea of a "Fear Factor" live show is intriguing, and you're right, it can't be nearly as outrageous as the show, but it should do well initially.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 08:05:32 PM »
I'd love to get my hands on this contestant release form. If it's just like the show, the insurance risks must be huge.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"