Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Music Question  (Read 3036 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Music Question
« on: January 23, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »
This question isn't as disturbing as it seems, but here we go:

My friends here at NIU are quite amused at the fact that I have the TPiR losing horns as a default sound on my AIM, and so my friend wants to know about the notes included..

..why did he ask? Because he wants to play it on his new guitar, thats why? My best guess was that it was the lower octaves since it was suitable for a base or a tuba, and seeing I never played the guitar in my life (2 years of the sax up to this point), It'd be best if I ask you guys. about those notes.

If you can help me, sure would appreciate it.

-Dave

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Music Question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 08:10:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Jan 23 2005, 06:01 PM\']My friends here at NIU are quite amused at the fact that I have the TPiR losing horns as a default sound on my AIM, and so my friend wants to know about the notes included..
[snapback]72578[/snapback]
[/quote]
C-D-C-G-you're on your own for the ending (starts with E then drops).  Make sure that the "D-C-G" notes are in a lower octave than the first C.

Hope that helps.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

pyl85

Music Question
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 09:06:06 PM »
I have the TPiR losing horns as a default sound on my AIM, and so my friend wants to know about the notes included..

Might I add that the losing horns make an excellent "error" sound effect. This program has performed an illegal operation.... C-D-C-G  E......................
Actually, it's the current error sound on my Apple IIgs.

-Greg

Steve_Bier

Music Question
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 09:34:13 PM »
I have it set up that way on my PC, too! It always gives people a great laugh....

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Music Question
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 09:47:43 PM »
I prefer the "Password Plus" illegal clue...thing...as my illegal operation/critical stop sound, but I have the CS horns for a couple things.  And for shut down?  

George Gray: "You ARE the weakest link, goodbye."
Travis L. Eberle

sshuffield70

Music Question
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 10:39:31 PM »
Well, I use the "Scrabble bonus" as an error, the FF strike is the "critical".

But I do have the losing horns for when I disconnect something.  Its' companion is the "Lingo next letter".

LA the DJ

Music Question
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 12:43:30 PM »
Before a crash a couple months ago, which caused me to lose the WAV files, my startup was once Rod Roddy:"Come on Down! You're the next contestant on the Price is Right" With Losing Horns as the error and Bob Barker "This is Bob Barker saying help control the pet population, have your pet spayed or neutered. goodbye, everybody!" as my shutdown. I attempted to make a TPiR desktop theme out of all of this, but never finished, for some reason.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.