Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Budget Question, and "what would you do?"  (Read 3382 times)

Shredder

TPIR Budget Question, and "what would you do?"
« on: January 12, 2005, 03:29:54 PM »
This is the first daytime show I beleive I've seen, where at least 5 cars where presented as a prize.    

Now, here's a question.  Does TPIR only have to pay for those cars that get won?  Or do they pay for them all at once and recycle the ones that don't get won?  How does the car situation work?  You'd think that for a big/expensive show like this, they would have saved it for a Christmas or Prime Time Special Show...

Also,

The Top Showcase winner had already won her car.  If you where in her place, would you be nice and pass it to the contestant who didn't win one, or would you be 'greedy' and keep it all to yourself? :)  Personally, I'll do what she did and keep it if only because of the nice laptop in the s howcase and cell phone :).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 03:30:37 PM by Shredder »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 04:07:41 PM »
The Top Showcase winner had already won her car. If you where in her place, would you be nice and pass it to the contestant who didn't win one, or would you be 'greedy' and keep it all to yourself? :)

If I had already won a car I was happy with, I'd probably pass it.  One thing to consider is the more you win, the more taxes you have to pay, so that could be a big burden as well.  If I had won a lot of cash during the show as well, I might decide to go for it as the cash would help pay the taxes.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 04:27:17 PM »
Well, the only way you're being "nice" by passing is if you intend to throw your own showcase.  I figure that I am never gonna be allowed to be on the show as a contestant ever again, so I wanna get as many of the prizes as possible.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

FeudDude

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 05:16:37 PM »
Of course, you have to put into consideration the group of "Loyal Friends and True" that will mock you for being "Splendido'd" ;-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 05:17:04 PM by FeudDude »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 05:18:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 12 2005, 04:27 PM\']Well, the only way you're being "nice" by passing is if you intend to throw your own showcase.  I figure that I am never gonna be allowed to be on the show as a contestant ever again, so I wanna get as many of the prizes as possible.
[snapback]71070[/snapback]
[/quote]
Prezactly. And, as has been mentioned before, you can always sell off that excess car. I believe it was Chris Lemon who mentioned this...let's say you won a Ford Focus worth $16,500.  While a dealer/private party probably won't give you 16.5; you can almost certainly get $12,000 for it.

Besides, do you really want that new Ashley bedroom set?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 05:22:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 12 2005, 04:18 PM\']Besides, do you really want that new Ashley bedroom set?
[snapback]71077[/snapback]
[/quote]
Only if Ashley comes with it (waitress, veal).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 11:20:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jan 12 2005, 03:29 PM\']Does TPIR only have to pay for those cars that get won?
[snapback]71065[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep.

(I'm not a fan of one-word responses, but I can't think of anything to add to elaborate.)

--
Scott Robinson

Frank15

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 12:12:40 AM »
Well... you could always just hum Bhen to stretch out the post ;).