Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alex's Ken Obsession  (Read 9396 times)

Don Howard

Alex's Ken Obsession
« on: January 06, 2005, 07:47:10 PM »
At the top of tonight's episode of Jeopardy!, Alex once again compared Kerry to Ken Jennings. He's getting as bad at this as Jim Caldwell was about Thom McKee's run on Tic Tac Dough. He's gone, Alex, move along. It's bad enough he's coming back so soon so we can watch Alex foam at Ken every night for 15 weeks during the upcoming elongated Dance, Monkey, Dance Jeopardy! Tournament Of Tournaments.
Can special red categories be far behind?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 07:49:46 PM by Don Howard »

BrandonFG

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 09:57:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:47 PM\']It's bad enough he's coming back so soon so we can watch Alex foam at Ken every night for 15 weeks during the upcoming elongated Dance, Monkey, Dance Jeopardy! Tournament Of Tournaments.
[snapback]70309[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I can't get past this without cracking up. Post of the day.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dzinkin

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 10:09:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:47 PM\']Can special red categories be far behind?
[/quote]
Alex will explain when we get to them.

GSWitch

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 10:09:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 06:47 PM\']Can special red categories be far behind?
[/quote]

Sure, along with the rapping dragon, rapping dragon slayer & Henry Mancini's kiddie theme tune (LOL)!

BrandonFG

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 10:13:26 PM »
I don't mean to go Zach on you, but that's the wrong TTD. Don's talking about the 85-86 season with Jim Caldwell.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

aaron sica

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 10:18:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:47 PM\']
[/quote]

I'm sure they can't! They'll be "special categories" where any contestant can buzz in and take control......;)

Chief-O

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 10:27:36 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 10:18 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:47 PM\']
[/quote]

I'm sure they can't! They'll be "special categories" where any contestant can buzz in and take control......;)
[snapback]70333[/snapback]
[/quote]

SHHH!!! Don't give them any ideas!!
.....and it goes like this!!!

Matt Ottinger

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 10:37:22 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 11:18 PM\']I'm sure they can't! They'll be "special categories" where any contestant can buzz in and take control......;)[/quote]
Hey, some people SWEPT categories against Ken.

Just sayin'
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 10:38:05 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 10:40:22 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:57 PM\']I'm sorry, but I can't get past this without cracking up. Post of the day.
[snapback]70326[/snapback]
[/quote]
I demand at least an assist on the play. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

starcade

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:47 PM\']At the top of tonight's episode of Jeopardy!, Alex once again compared Kerry to Ken Jennings. He's getting as bad at this as Jim Caldwell was about Thom McKee's run on Tic Tac Dough. He's gone, Alex, move along. It's bad enough he's coming back so soon so we can watch Alex foam at Ken every night for 15 weeks during the upcoming elongated Dance, Monkey, Dance Jeopardy! Tournament Of Tournaments.
[/quote]

This is one of the reasons I think that J! might be in some trouble.

Ken just blew the recordbook by SO MUCH that he might be the only thing keeping the show afloat.  Yes, it WAS #1 in the syndies, but are people going to watch in the same numbers as pre-Ken once this Ultimate Tournament ends and contestants that clearly can't measure up to even most of the former champions get on week after week?

MikeK

• Martha!
Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 10:53:10 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 10:09 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:47 PM\']Can special red categories be far behind?
[/quote]
Alex will explain when we get to them.
[snapback]70327[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oooh!  I claim dibs on The Trebek Files!

BrandonFG

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 11:28:24 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 10:40 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:57 PM\']I'm sorry, but I can't get past this without cracking up. Post of the day.
[snapback]70326[/snapback]
[/quote]
I demand at least an assist on the play. :)
[snapback]70341[/snapback]
[/quote]

(reads post in question)

Duly noted. Assist granted. :-)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 01:09:14 AM »
are people going to watch in the same numbers as pre-Ken once this Ultimate Tournament ends and contestants that clearly can't measure up to even most of the former champions get on week after week?
You don't suppose people tune in to play a challenging answer-and-question game, do you? That couldn't be the reason it lasted umpteen years on NBC when the top question value was $100, could it?

Craig Karlberg

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 04:50:46 AM »
I'm sure J! will maintain its core fan base that it has over the years.  Whether the ratings will be sustained during this tournament is anybody's guess really.  Don't be surprised if the ratings go no higher than a 7.5 in the first 2 months.  As the tourney progresses, the ratings generally inch upwards by about 5% up untill the finals where a 3-game match would yeild a max of 9.0 at best.  I think it's too soon to bring Ken back even if he's back for 3 more months.

As far as special categories going red, not gonna happen.  I like Alex's explanations just fine theank you.  I don't need a TTD element there.  Besides, there's usually at least 2 or 3 of those each week anyways.

tvwxman

Alex's Ken Obsession
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2005, 06:26:21 AM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 10:50 PM\']This is one of the reasons I think that J! might be in some trouble.

Ken just blew the recordbook by SO MUCH that he might be the only thing keeping the show afloat.  Yes, it WAS #1 in the syndies, but are people going to watch in the same numbers as pre-Ken once this Ultimate Tournament ends and contestants that clearly can't measure up to even most of the former champions get on week after week?
[snapback]70342[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're kidding me, right?

If the show gave away canned hams for prizes, it would still be a top rated show. You need to understand that contestants don't come on just for the cash. There is an unwritten glory that comes with being a J! champion. Hell, for what it's worth, there's glory in just making it on the show. (There, that should take care of flattery for Michi-Matt!).

Number 2 syndie show consistently for most of it's 20 years. And I would predict (based on how I see my affiliate audience respond to the show) at the top of the charts for many more.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"