Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite Host Slip-Ups  (Read 11312 times)

Jay Temple

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2005, 01:17:27 AM »
L (and wheezing) OL
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

zachhoran

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2005, 07:58:34 AM »
Doug Davidson forgot to give the contestant a chance to play for the Super Ball after winning the third prize(an Isuzu Rodeo) on TNPIR94. He also gave the contestant only $100 to play Make Your Mark with, and then one of the producers told him to give $500.

No one has mentioned Bert Convy giving away a few passwords and/or puzzles on Super Password or accidentally showing a WLOD answer or two.

Geoff Edwards called Johnny Gilbert Johnny Jacobs by mistake once on the 1989 Jackpot.

MOnty screwed up the cash register deal a couple of times in that he showed the contestant where the other No Sale sign was after they'd hit the first No Sale sign. Normally he would give the contestant the amount picked on a consolation pick, with $500 or $1000 given for finding the other No Sale(or the car if the first No Sale was found on the first pick).

Ahmad Rashad misread the word Apply as Apple-E during the audience game on Caesar's Challenge.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 09:24:59 AM by zachhoran »

Jimmy Owen

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2005, 08:42:03 AM »
One of my faves which hasn't been seen on any game show clip special was from "Password" in 1975.  Juliet Mills and Jack Klugman were the guests and Allen was noting all the players names.

Allen:"Joan and Juliet and Jeff and Jack.  Three J's."
Jeff (quietly): "Four"

A few minutes later, another slip-up by Allen caused Jack to tell Mr. Ludden, "You've got to lay off that sauce!"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kevin Prather

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2005, 06:54:36 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 09:51 PM\']There was a playing of Card Game on Price in early 2002 where Bob made an unfortunate choice of phrase in trying to build up suspense for the price reveal:

"I'm gonna whip it out right now and show it to you.  Are you interested?"
[snapback]70176[/snapback]
[/quote]

Okay. I've got to hear/see this. Is it up for download anywhere?

ChuckNet

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2005, 09:50:19 PM »
Okay. I've got to hear/see this. Is it up for download anywhere?

Dian Parkinson's got a copy, I believe. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Comedic "Chuckie Baby")

JMFabiano

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2005, 06:49:00 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:58 AM\']
Geoff Edwards called Johnny Gilbert Johnny Jacobs by mistake once on the 1989 Jackpot.

[snapback]70192[/snapback]
[/quote]

That reminds me...one of the first things I ever saw on GSN was a TTD episode where Wink accidentally asks "Kenny" (really Jay Stewart) to introduce the contestants (Jay: "I will, Wink, and so will Jay!")
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Chief-O

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 07:54:46 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Jan 7 2005, 06:49 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 07:58 AM\']

[snapback]70192[/snapback]
[/quote]

That reminds me...one of the first things I ever saw on GSN was a TTD episode where Wink accidentally asks "Kenny" (really Jay Stewart) to introduce the contestants (Jay: "I will, Wink, and so will Jay!")
[snapback]70379[/snapback]
[/quote]

Similarly, when Peter Marshall hosted the Thursday ep. of H2's game show week, he accidentally called Rod Roddy "Kenny", but realized his slip and corrected himself.
.....and it goes like this!!!

Steve Gavazzi

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2005, 08:01:50 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 12:51 AM\']There was a playing of Card Game on Price in early 2002 where Bob made an unfortunate choice of phrase in trying to build up suspense for the price reveal:

[/quote]

That reminds me...a few years ago, he had a habit of telling contestants, "this is where we're gonna get it on!" as they were walking to the Big Doors.  Someone must have finally told him what that meant, because he hasn't said it in a while...

johnnya2k3

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2005, 05:26:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jan 7 2005, 05:01 AM\'][quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 12:51 AM\']There was a playing of Card Game on Price in early 2002 where Bob made an unfortunate choice of phrase in trying to build up suspense for the price reveal:

[/quote]

That reminds me...a few years ago, he had a habit of telling contestants, "this is where we're gonna get it on!" as they were walking to the Big Doors.  Someone must have finally told him what that meant, because he hasn't said it in a while...
[snapback]70381[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which also reminds me of #2 from David Letterman's "Top Ten Bob Barker Pick-up Lines":

"Have another sip of that 99-cent malt liquor, take off those $30 shoes, and let's get it on!!"

Jonathan Allen

Casey

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2005, 06:29:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 4 2005, 08:01 PM\']
Thanks a lot Aaron.  You left the damn door WIDE open for this birdbrain to insert his 2,000th bit of useless information. 

To Zach: When no one asks you for information; its because no one gives a damn about it.  Get over yourself...but thanks for further proving you haven't opened your front door since 1981.
[/quote]

You know, I've resisted the urge to reply to posts like this for a long time, but I just can't help it... You know, half of your posts that I've come across in threads are gripes and moans about other people's posts.  We *know* you don't like Zach.  We *know* you find it annoying.  *You* don't need to remind us every 3rd post...

Now.  One of my favorites comes from Face the Music.  A rather buxom woman was at the podium closest to Ron's.  During the contestant intros, Ron gets to her.  She's wearing a dress that exposes her cleavage and she's always wearing a necklace with a number of charms on it.  Ron says, while pointing at her chest, "You've got quite a little collection there don't you?"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2005, 08:22:45 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Jan 13 2005, 06:29 PM\']are gripes and moans about other people's posts.  [/quote]
And yet, you're griping about mine.  The world turns. Don't like it; put me on ignore...trust me, guys...not everyone from Iowa is like this.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 02:50:15 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

whewfan

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2005, 08:27:02 PM »
Barker: (Explaining the Bonus Game) "I hope you get the prize beside the window that says "bonus"... that's B-O-U-N-S" (realizes his mistake) I just wanted to see if you were paying attention... that's right.... the window that says B-O-U-N-S..."

Barker: (after a showcase where Dian pops out from a movie screen, wearing a swimsuit) "I was just thinking... if I got a screen like that... could I get a blonde to come out from it?" (I'm sure Barker would regret saying this many years later)

Barker: (after being kissed many times by a female contestant, for members of her family) "I only wish you had a larger family!"

Bill Cullen, on Blockbusters: "What K does Miss Piggy love"...(Leland buzzes in) KERMIT?... I mean... Leland!"

(On Password Plus, the Password was "Shore", and Elaine Joyce was one of the guests)
Allen: (to Elaine) "Second clue, Dinah... (Elaine does a take) uh, Elaine (obvious edit) Ok! We'll put "shore" on the board because Ludden has a big mouth!"

Not really a HOST slip up... but on All New LMAD, Monty was asking questions to a couple, for a quickie deal at the end of the show.

Monty: (whispers to the woman, woman whispers answer in Monty's ear. then Monty asks the husband) What is her birthday?

Husband: March 14 (wife rolls his eyes)

Wife: That's YOUR birthday

Husband: OH! I thought you wanted MINE.

Monty: I'm asking for YOUR birthday! You KNOW your birthday! (does a Jack Benny stance) Ok, I'll give you another chance, without looking, what color are her eyes?

Husband: Blue

Monty: Let's see (looks at her eyes) No, they're GREEN! They're as green as green can be.

JMFabiano

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2005, 08:52:21 PM »
"For the Colisseum!" - Super Password, Bert Convy getting ready to hype a contestant's chance to solve the puzzle and win the game, but it doesn't turn out the way he expected...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

That Don Guy

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2005, 09:19:54 PM »
Here are a couple:

Syndicated weekly Jeopardy! - Art Fleming says that the lowest prize the winner can win is a 1973 compact car - in 1975.  (He later corrected himself, saying something along the lines of "the last two years of my life went by pretty fast.")

Syndicated weekly High Rollers: at the end of a show, he says, "Good night, Ruta" - the problem being that Elaine Stewart (who pointed out Alex's mistake in no uncertain terms) was the dice roller in the nighttime version.

-- Don

whewfan

Favorite Host Slip-Ups
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 03:31:23 AM »
I thought of one more...

SOTC- (One of the male models is wearing a strange hat with what appears to be whipped cream on top. Another model dips his finger in it and tries it. Jim Perry decides he'll do the same thing, and got an unpleasant surprise...)

Jim: Hey, don't mind if I do... (makes a disgusted face after he puts it in his mouth) This is SHAVING CREAM!!! YECCCH! (Jim tries not to spit out the shaving cream while he's on camera, but he can't help it, and just spits it right out)