Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker renews contract...  (Read 2852 times)

catkins522

Bob Barker renews contract...
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:41:32 PM »
Barker to Host 'Right' for 34th Season

NEW YORK (AP) - Bob Barker has agreed to continue as host of "The Price Is Right" for a record 34th season, CBS announced.

"I was considering retiring this year and going into bodybuilding with the thought in mind of becoming governor of California," the 81-year-old Emmy-winning game-show host joked. "But I decided to instead stay with the body I have and the job I have."

Barbara Bloom, senior vice president, daytime programs, said Barker and "The Price Is Right" are cornerstones of CBS daytime.

"We're thrilled that Bob has agreed to continue for another year, no doubt delighting his legions of fans across the country," Bloom said in a statement Monday.
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

tyshaun1

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 06:06:04 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 05:41 PM\']"I was considering retiring this year and going into bodybuilding with the thought in mind of becoming governor of California," the 81-year-old Emmy-winning game-show host joked. "But I decided to instead stay with the body I have and the job I have."
[snapback]70099[/snapback]
[/quote]
It was a lousy one, but I believe that was a joke. Barker ain't retiring anytime soon.

Tyshaun

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 06:51:25 PM »
I think catkins was joking as well, Shaun.

catkins522

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:56:01 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 06:51 PM\']I think catkins was joking as well, Shaun.
[snapback]70114[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was not me...it was Bob himself.  I just cut and paste.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 06:48:55 PM »
In the topic line, you said he was going to retire this year. It might've been unclear to Shaun that you didn't actually believe that to be true, but were simply referencing a joke made by Bob.