Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC Password Theme (1970-74)  (Read 2150 times)

Argo

ABC Password Theme (1970-74)
« on: January 03, 2005, 10:48:14 AM »
I was just listening to the password theme on the first GSN cd, and compared it to some audio clips from an episode i have from 1974. I do not know if they remixed the theme over those four years, but the clips are distinctly different than the one on the cd. Which leads me to believe, is the one on cd a remake, or was the theme indeed remixed slightly over the years. On the clips, the syntheziser sounds differently as well as played differently in a few sections. Anyone have any information?

Thanks.
Mark.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:57:24 AM »
I don't know. My recollection was that it was slower and "classier" than the one on the CD, but there is an Elizabeth Montgomery site on the web that has some audio clips from her appearances and, to me, on those clips the theme sounds identical to the CD.  I don't know the URL.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Argo

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 11:08:38 AM »
Yes i have those clips too. I forgot to compare it to them, and the theme is the same on those, so i guess it was remixed over the years.  The clips i have from 1974, sounds like they added a woodblock or some kind of droplet effects to it to make it sound more spacey, and some of the notes are held longer than the original. Nobody woudl have that around whould they?

Thanks
Mark.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 12:15:14 PM »
The version on the CD isn't terribly long, so I'm guessing that was the opening cue for the show.  From what I can remember from watching show closings during the original airings, the end theme was the exact same - only longer.  It basically just repeated the same verses over and over - in other words, we're not really missing any passages on the CD.

Interestingly, on the 1987 "This is Your Life" special with Betty White that's floating around, they play the '70s "Password" theme during one of the introductions.  It's done by an orchestra or something, but I find it interesting that out of all the "Password" themes, that was the one they chose for that introduction.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!