Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Childhood Memories  (Read 6665 times)

SamPrainito

Childhood Memories
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2004, 01:42:45 AM »
Two Richard Dawson appearances come to mind...one as the host of "Family Food" on "Sesame Street" in the early 80's, and the other was on "The Tonight Show" as host of "International Family Feud" with Johnny playing Reagan.

I haven't seen either clip in years!  

-Sam

Jimmy Owen

Childhood Memories
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2004, 11:58:20 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 07:40 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 02:19 PM\']
In addition, Tom appeared in an episode of The Ghost And Mrs. Muir. He also had a small role in the ABC TV-movie Having Babies. Or perhaps it was Having Babies II. Geoff guested as a news reporter on Diff'rent Strokes.

[snapback]69195[/snapback]
[/quote]

Geoff played a game show host on Small Wonder in the mid 80s. CNR co-starred in the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. On an MG7x episode, Ghost of ______ was the audience match, and Ghost OF Mrs. Muir(as opposed to And) was among the top three responses
[snapback]69252[/snapback]
[/quote]

Also, Hope Lange, who was the star of G&MM, also was the assistant on "Back That Fact" and the Gene Rayburn version of "The Sky's the Limit."  When Monty Hall took over STL, Hope was let go.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChuckNet

Childhood Memories
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2005, 08:40:48 PM »
Unless my eyes are failing me, no one has mentioned Monty Hall's cameo appearance as the host of LMAD during a dream sequence on FOX's That 70s Show 3 or four years ago.

He also made similar appearances on The Wonder Years and The Nanny.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Don Howard

Childhood Memories
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2005, 10:06:29 PM »
Jim McKrell played himself in an episode of The ABC Afterschool Special. It was one of the few that didn't deal with divorce or a kid dying. I believe it was about a teenager who won a million dollars in a lottery drawing.

MikeK

• Martha!
Childhood Memories
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2005, 10:40:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 1 2005, 10:06 PM\']Jim McKrell played himself in an episode of The ABC Afterschool Special. It was one of the few that didn't deal with divorce or a kid dying. I believe it was about a teenager who won a million dollars in a lottery drawing.[/quote]
McKrell also played host of the game show Grab That Dough on an episode of The Golden Girls.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Childhood Memories
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2005, 11:35:47 PM »
Don't forget Peter Marshall's multiple appearances on In Living Color hosting East Hollywood Squares.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 11:36:19 PM by Game Show Man »
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

Don Howard

Childhood Memories
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2005, 10:18:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Jan 1 2005, 11:35 PM\']Don't forget Peter Marshall's multiple appearances on In Living Color hosting East Hollywood Squares.
[snapback]69439[/snapback]
[/quote]
Plus, his turn as an emcee in a Mad TV sketch where he hosted First To A Million. The first player to 1,000,000 points was the winner. Each question was worth......one point.

Ian Wallis

Childhood Memories
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2005, 01:19:03 PM »
Tom Kennedy and Geoff Edwards were both on "That Girl" in the '60s, and I believe Geoff was also on "Petticoat Junction" a couple of times.

Forgot about Monty Hall - he also appeared once on "That Girl", playing either a doctor or a dentist.  (Why do I remember so much about that show when I haven't seen it in 25 years?  It just isn't repeated anywhere...)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Esoteric Eric

Childhood Memories
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 10:19 AM\'](Monty) also appeared once on "That Girl", playing either a doctor or a dentist. 
[snapback]69465[/snapback]
[/quote]

He portrayed a dentist who used hypnosis to lessen patients' fear of pain.  While Anne-Marie was asleep in the dentist's chair, he was interrupted by a phone call from his free-spending wife.  His spousal accusation - "You'll buy anything at the drop of a hat!" - was misinterpreted by Anne-Marie as a post-hypnotic suggestion.  Comedy ensued.

Esoteric Eric... one more thing...
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 10:19 AM\'](Why do I remember so much about that show when I haven't seen it in 25 years?  It just isn't repeated anywhere...)
[/quote]
Indeed not (although TV Land's debut night included the pilot, where Ted Bessell's character was Anne-Marie's agent, Donald Blue Sky, rather than her boyfriend, Donald Hollinger)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Don Howard

Childhood Memories
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2005, 02:34:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 02:21 PM\']TV Land's debut night included the pilot, where Ted Bessell's character was Anne-Marie's agent, Donald Blue Sky, rather than her boyfriend, Donald Hollinger)
[snapback]69467[/snapback]
[/quote]
Marlo's character's first name was Ann. Last name Marie. So for the sake of accuracy, we must drop the "e" and the "-". The preceding announcement was courtesy of The Zach Horan Society For Historical Accuracy Preservation.
TV Land did have That Girl on its regular schedule until 1998, right around the time the channel dropped Room 222 (featuring Hollywood Squares semiregular Karen Valentine) and Love, American Style (where Monty Hall and Peter Marshall appeared at least once) and Cannon.

ObGameShows: William Conrad, the star of Cannon--but NOT!! the announcer; that was Hank Sims--was a celebrity player in the mid 1970s on Break The Bank.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 02:40:07 PM by Don Howard »

BrandonFG

Childhood Memories
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2005, 03:00:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 02:34 PM\'][quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 02:21 PM\']TV Land's debut night included the pilot, where Ted Bessell's character was Anne-Marie's agent, Donald Blue Sky, rather than her boyfriend, Donald Hollinger)
[snapback]69467[/snapback]
[/quote]
Marlo's character's first name was Ann. Last name Marie. So for the sake of accuracy, we must drop the "e" and the "-". The preceding announcement was courtesy of The Zach Horan Society For Historical Accuracy Preservation.
TV Land did have That Girl on its regular schedule until 1998, right around the time the channel dropped Room 222 (featuring Hollywood Squares semiregular Karen Valentine) and Love, American Style (where Monty Hall and Peter Marshall appeared at least once) and Cannon.

ObGameShows: William Conrad, the star of Cannon--but NOT!! the announcer; that was Hank Sims--was a celebrity player in the mid 1970s on Break The Bank.
[snapback]69469[/snapback]
[/quote]

You just reminded me how Conrad was the subject of one or two Match Game questions. ("TV Guide said: 'Tonight, Cannon eats his BLANK!' ") Richard Dawson once joked that William Conrad once fell down, and then rocked himself to sleep.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WhammyPower

Childhood Memories
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2005, 04:49:29 PM »
I'm gonna pitch in to this thread.

Charles Nelson Reilly appeared on an episode of The Drew Carey Show, portraying the head of a pharmecutical company.

Also, Peter Marshall appeared once on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, to host a dating-type show to discover if Harvey is really her true love.  (I know there was another epsiode, from what looks like season 3, where Sabrina sets up a game show to help her solve the family secret.  Does anybody know who hosted this?)

(By the way, if anybody wants a clip of the Sledge Hammer episode mentioned earlier in the thread, I have it in RM form.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 04:49:51 PM by WhammyPower »

BrandonFG

Childhood Memories
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2005, 05:08:32 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 04:49 PM\']Also, Peter Marshall appeared once on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, to host a dating-type show to discover if Harvey is really her true love.  (I know there was another epsiode, from what looks like season 3, where Sabrina sets up a game show to help her solve the family secret.  Does anybody know who hosted this?)
[snapback]69487[/snapback]
[/quote]

I remember reading something about the Sabrina episode, and I think it was Monty Hall. Did this setup have podiums which resembled the ones from TTD90?

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Perso.../personid-20219  

There's a screencap of Monty in the episode.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 05:11:09 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Childhood Memories
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2005, 06:58:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 02:34 PM\']
[snapback]69469[/snapback]
[/quote]

COnrad also made at least a couple of Marshall HS appearances, he's on a couple of shows in the GSN package.