Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Childhood Memories  (Read 6668 times)

Jay Temple

Childhood Memories
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 12:04:47 AM »
Sorry if I missed someone else posting this:  Peter Marshall plays a game show host on the Sledge Hammer! episode "To Live and Die on T.V."  A contestant on his show dies in an automobile accident just before he is supposed to try for the show's top prize of $1,000,000.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

GS Warehouse

Childhood Memories
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004, 12:15:30 AM »
In 1999, the Reeginator appeared on Spin City as the host of some million-dollar quiz show whose title escapes me. :-)  Also, David Ruprecht made a guest appearance on Joan of Arcadia earlier this season.

sshuffield70

Childhood Memories
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004, 12:59:24 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 12:15 AM\']In 1999, the Reeginator appeared on Spin City as the host of some million-dollar quiz show whose title escapes me. :-)  Also, David Ruprecht made a guest appearance on Joan of Arcadia earlier this season.
[snapback]69112[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I remember said episode of "Spin City" aired just ahead of that certain episode of certain show.... ;) ;)

mystery7

Childhood Memories
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 01:43:16 AM »
Geoff Edwards guested on Sliders as the host of a lottery show whose prize wasn't what it was caracked up to be.

And no one's mentioned The Odd Couple yet?  Monty Hall hosted Let's Make A Deal on one episode late in the series, and of course, Betty White and Allen Ludden were in the classic Password episode (Written by Get The Message host Frank Buxton).

Aristophanes...

BrandonFG

Childhood Memories
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 02:18:08 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 29 2004, 09:49 PM\']Eubanks appeared as the host of "The Honeymoon's Over" on an episode of "Kenan & Kel". The prize was house, IIRC.

I vaguely remember a commercial for that episode of Martial Law. I think I was 6 or 7. Anyone remember what happened on that episode?
[snapback]69093[/snapback]
[/quote]

All I remember was Sammo Hung somehow got in Studio 33 for TPiR. IIRC he was chasing a criminal and ended up in the studio. It was like the first episode, which was c. 1998.

Also, this year Betty White guest starred as a cantankerous neighbor on "Complete Savages."
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Childhood Memories
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 09:52:05 AM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 12:43 AM\']And no one's mentioned The Odd Couple yet?  Monty Hall hosted Let's Make A Deal on one episode late in the series, and of course, Betty White and Allen Ludden were in the classic Password episode (Written by Get The Message host Frank Buxton).
[snapback]69125[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, someone did mention THE ODD COUPLE.  But that message might've been invisible to you.  :)

Doug -- and the countdown to 900 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

mystery7

Childhood Memories
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 12:02:43 PM »
Should've known it was Zach. There was so much other stuff in that post I read right past it. But at least you know there's another game show connection to the Password episode.

MikeK

• Martha!
Childhood Memories
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 01:19:12 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 12:15 AM\']Also, David Ruprecht made a guest appearance on Joan of Arcadia earlier this season.[/quote]
Ruprecht was also on some of the final Three's Company eps. from 1984, plus he played a mall manager on a holiday episode of Married...with Children, a few years before he ran the store on Supermarket Sweep.

BrandonFG

Childhood Memories
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 01:23:52 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 01:19 PM\'][quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 12:15 AM\']Also, David Ruprecht made a guest appearance on Joan of Arcadia earlier this season.[/quote]
Ruprecht was also on some of the final Three's Company eps. from 1984, plus he played a mall manager on a holiday episode of Married...with Children, a few years before he ran the store on Supermarket Sweep.
[snapback]69188[/snapback]
[/quote]

He also played the host of a Dating Game-type show on "Punky Brewster."

Not that I ever watched "Punky Brewster." :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

Childhood Memories
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »
Tom Kennedy and Geoff Edwards were both on "That Girl" in the '60s, and I believe Geoff was also on "Petticoat Junction" a couple of times.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Don Howard

Childhood Memories
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 02:19:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 02:04 PM\']Tom Kennedy and Geoff Edwards were both on "That Girl" in the '60s, and I believe Geoff was also on "Petticoat Junction" a couple of times.
[snapback]69194[/snapback]
[/quote]
In addition, Tom appeared in an episode of The Ghost And Mrs. Muir. He also had a small role in the ABC TV-movie Having Babies. Or perhaps it was Having Babies II. Geoff guested as a news reporter on Diff'rent Strokes.
And for you David Ruprecht fans, he had recurring role as a news director on Days Of Our Lives.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 02:21:42 PM by Don Howard »

zachhoran

Childhood Memories
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 07:40:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 02:19 PM\']
In addition, Tom appeared in an episode of The Ghost And Mrs. Muir. He also had a small role in the ABC TV-movie Having Babies. Or perhaps it was Having Babies II. Geoff guested as a news reporter on Diff'rent Strokes.

[snapback]69195[/snapback]
[/quote]

Geoff played a game show host on Small Wonder in the mid 80s. CNR co-starred in the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. On an MG7x episode, Ghost of ______ was the audience match, and Ghost OF Mrs. Muir(as opposed to And) was among the top three responses

GS Warehouse

Childhood Memories
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 09:36:52 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 07:40 PM\']Geoff played a game show host on Small Wonder in the mid 80s. ...
[snapback]69252[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hmm, no one's mentioned Petticoat Junction yet.  Also, Zach's mention of Small Wonder reminded me, David Ruprecht guest-starred in one episode of said show and co-wrote another.

TheInquisitiveOne

Childhood Memories
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2004, 10:17:25 PM »
Unless my eyes are failing me, no one has mentioned Monty Hall's cameo appearance as the host of LMAD during a dream sequence on FOX's That 70s Show 3 or four years ago.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Don Howard

Childhood Memories
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004, 10:23:21 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 09:36 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 07:40 PM\']Geoff played a game show host on Small Wonder in the mid 80s. ...
[snapback]69252[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hmm, no one's mentioned Petticoat Junction yet.  
[snapback]69266[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ian Wallis mentioned it five posts ago.
Allen Ludden and Betty White had bit parts in an episode of O'Hara, U.S. Treasury, a Jack Webb Production starring David Janssen. But that wasn't a sitcom. The Love Boat was--or so the laugh track would indicate. Allen and Betty both appeared on the 1980-81 season premiere of that show.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 10:26:22 PM by Don Howard »