Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: German "The price is right" fansite  (Read 3917 times)

GameshowKult

German "The price is right" fansite
« on: December 19, 2004, 05:23:24 AM »
The german version of "The price is right" now has its own fansite !  (in german, but with pix and downloads)

If you are interested, you could visit:  www.dpih.de

remlap

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 11:11:10 AM »
Cool fansite, I was wondering what channel if any broadcasts repeats in Germany and is it on Satellite?

Thanks.

GameshowKult

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 02:09:54 PM »
There are no channels in germany that broadcast  "Der Preis ist heiss" .. :-(    

except of "Ruck Zuck" (the german "hot streak) > www.ruckzuck.tv (mo-fr on tele5 - astra 19.2 E) ,   there are NO gameshows  on-air in the moment in Germany.
Our great gameshow-times were the early 90ies...

remlap

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 03:44:47 PM »
Oh well, worth asking.

Patrick
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 03:45:12 PM by remlap »

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:17:06 PM »
except of "Ruck Zuck" (the german "hot streak) > www.ruckzuck.tv (mo-fr on tele5 - astra 19.2 E) , there are NO gameshows on-air in the moment in Germany.

Damn...and if you still think things are bleak GS-wise here in the States...

Chuck Donegan (The Surprised "Chuckie Baby")

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 06:33:53 PM »
I think the most interesting thing in there might be "Such das Paar" -- ferris wheel Pick a Pair!

I also think it's sort of funny that they have pictures of the American boards for Now....and Then, Squeeze Play, and Temptation...with the games' signs cut off because they're not in German. :-)

Argo

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 08:50:36 PM »
Just any interesting note on this show. Much of the music used are classic TPIR cues. The first generation of the current Come on Down opening cue is used, which was on TPIR from about 1976-1979. Also which is a bit odd, they use the orginal 1972 -75 opening cue for when the wheel is spun.

Fedya

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 10:12:13 PM »
I haven't watched TPIR on a regular basis for several years.  Was/Is there a pricing game like the German »Preisleiter« ("Prize Ladder")?  It doesn't sound familiar to me at all.

For those who can't read German, the game has four prizes of increasing price.  For each prize, you have to guess its value within a certain amount.  This isn't "Golden Road", which is »Glücksstraße« ("Luck Street").  It's also not the equivalent of "Cliffhangers", which is »Absturz« (a name which, if my German is correct, roughly translates to "falling off").

The reaction of the woman who wins »Panzerknacker« ("Safe Crackers") is priceless.  :-)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 10:13:55 PM by Fedya »
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

SamJ93

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 10:16:51 PM »
Sounds a lot like "Walk of Fame" to me.
http://gscentral.net/walk.htm

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 11:26:37 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 04:17 PM\']
except of "Ruck Zuck" (the german "hot streak) > www.ruckzuck.tv (mo-fr on tele5 - astra 19.2 E) , there are NO gameshows on-air in the moment in Germany.

Damn...and if you still think things are bleak GS-wise here in the States...
[snapback]67883[/snapback]
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly...even when games seemed to be at their lowest (c. fall 1995), we still had 3 or 4 in first run, Wheel, J!, TPiR. I'll still take what we have now compared to then.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Fedya

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 11:40:59 PM »
I think you're right, SamJ.

Those models' outfits in Walk of Fame are something else!  :)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

zachhoran

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 09:25:39 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 11:26 PM\']

My thoughts exactly...even when games seemed to be at their lowest (c. fall 1995), we still had 3 or 4 in first run, Wheel, J!, TPiR. I'll still take what we have now compared to then.
[snapback]67922[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was only WOF J! and TPIR on the air in Fall 1995 between the networks and syndication(unless you want to count the very limited clearance for Majority Rules and Swaps!, and syndie reruns of Supermarket Sweep and Shop Till You Drop). Nonetheless, next season will more than likely mark the first time in syndication history we've gone three consecutive seasons without a new traditional game show premiering. I believe this season is the first time we went two seasons without a new syndie game show premiering.

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 09:23:53 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 09:25 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 11:26 PM\']

[snapback]67922[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was only WOF J! and TPIR on the air in Fall 1995 between the networks and syndication(unless you want to count the very limited clearance for Majority Rules and Swaps!, and syndie reruns of Supermarket Sweep and Shop Till You Drop).
[snapback]67933[/snapback]
[/quote]

Zach, if I said 3 or 4 in first-run, then why would I count Supermarket Sweep or STYD?

And Majority Rules was fall 1996. I distinctly remember reading a classified ad for the show that summer.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 09:24:41 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GameshowKult

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 11:18:43 AM »
the first download-video of a german pricing game is  online now !

www.dpih.de

(Downloads / "NEU")

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 11:43:19 AM »
[quote name=\'GameshowKult\' date=\'Dec 23 2004, 09:18 AM\']the first download-video of a german pricing game is  online now !

www.dpih.de

(Downloads / "NEU")
[snapback]68324[/snapback]
[/quote]
That was interesting to see One Away played with a "0" as one of the wrong digits, available to be turned into a 1...or wrapped around to a 9.

(Kinda a gimme price, too, but what the heck. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe